3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Vonhotch Picks Are Back!
Todd Simpson
Nov 24 2014, 06:57 PM
GMC:er
Our very own VONHOTCH has relaunched his web site featuring his truly awesome guitar picks. I became a huge fan after getting an early prototype and have been on board ever since. I still have my "Signature" V-Pick line over at VPicks, but I gotta say, the custom OCTAVIOUS pick that he built for me is my fave pick of all time and the secret sauce to my precision/speed. Here is a link!!

http://www.vonhotch.com

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Nov 24 2014, 07:30 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Sweet I have been waiting for a couple of months to get a Vonhotch pick since I saw your review on Youtube!
I might order some soon smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: Nov 24 2014, 10:49 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 25 2014, 12:08 AM
They really are that good. smile.gif I'm stoked to see his site back up so he can share his picks with the world!!!!

QUOTE (HiimAlex @ Nov 24 2014, 02:30 PM) *
Sweet I have been waiting for a couple of months to get a Vonhotch pick since I saw your review on Youtube!
I might order some soon smile.gif

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Nov 25 2014, 04:50 AM
Learning Roadie
Sweet!

Definitely going to have to get some! The invader seems like a good choice for me as it looks similar to the Jazz III XL that I use but I'll have to get an Octavius as well!

Now I have something to put on my xmas list biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Mith
Nov 26 2014, 03:36 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I have a few here that I enjoy playing with

--------------------
I don't suffer from insanity, I love every minute of it

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Nov 28 2014, 01:00 AM
Hey guys. Yea, I'm back. What do you think of the new site? It has been a long time coming getting ordering integrated into the site. Don't be afraid to let me know it there is anything you think needs improvement. With the picks or the site. They are what they are because of the great feedback I've gotten along the way, mostly from the great community here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 28 2014, 09:38 AM
Instructor
Hey mate!! Welcome back biggrin.gif

If you ask me - the website is a bit too dark - I've been in the design business, not a designer myself, but my ex business partner and friend was a great designer and I learned how to look at things when dealing with a site design.

I would go for something a bit lighter and more minimal - then again, I like bright things and I like stuff to have a lot of white in it smile.gif An example of overall design would be this site for instance:

http://kzxtreme.com/

http://www.31three.com/

I picked them up from here: http://sixrevisions.com/design-showcase-in...or-inspiration/

.. in case you would like to scour for more inspiration wink.gif How's stuff going?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 29 2014, 12:02 AM
Those are some very clean designs COSMIN smile.gif But they don't really have much in the way of conveying the whole "pirate" vibe that sorta pervades the Von brand. I see what you mean about lots of white having a clean classic look smile.gif But in this case, the dark and dark green serve to give a "dark" vibe which sorta matches the overall vibe of the brand. Making a site like Von's that bright and happy would just not be Metal. sad.gif Not to say that these picks are only for Metal. But man oh man are they ever perfect for Metal smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 28 2014, 04:38 AM) *

If you ask me - the website is a bit too dark - I've been in the design business, not a designer myself, but my ex business partner and friend was a great designer and I learned how to look at things when dealing with a site design.

I would go for something a bit lighter and more minimal - then again, I like bright things and I like stuff to have a lot of white in it smile.gif An example of overall design would be this site for instance:

I picked them up from here: http://sixrevisions.com/design-showcase-in...or-inspiration/

.. in case you would like to scour for more inspiration wink.gif How's stuff going?

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Nov 29 2014, 02:50 AM
Hey! Thanks for the input. I do like it a bit dark and foreboding but maybe some lighter more colorful items could make it pop. It's a work in progress. My main goal was to get on site shopping and ditch Etsy. Now I'm gonna fine tune it a bit.

Things are going good. Trying to get things rolling again after going through some things and being a bit lazy with it. How have things been going with you?

I've been looking into laser engravers, and I'm hoping to be able to do some engraving like we talked about awhile ago. Hopefully in the next few months if all goes well.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 28 2014, 08:38 AM) *

So why are pirates called pirates?????......... They just RRRRRR. smile.gif
I was going for a dark and somewhat techy look. I'm much happier with this site than the previous version.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 28 2014, 11:02 PM) *
Those are some very clean designs COSMIN smile.gif But they don't really have much in the way of conveying the whole "pirate" vibe that sorta pervades the Von brand. I see what you mean about lots of white having a clean classic look smile.gif But in this case, the dark and dark green serve to give a "dark" vibe which sorta matches the overall vibe of the brand. Making a site like Von's that bright and happy would just not be Metal. sad.gif Not to say that these picks are only for Metal. But man oh man are they ever perfect for Metal smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 29 2014, 07:31 AM
Instructor
Hey Von! Glad to see you back in the business matey! I sure remember our discussion and I think it would be more than great if that could happen biggrin.gif

Me.. well, I'm busy as usual - band, GMC, PRS related activities, my little company and lately, I'm in the middle of organizing my first fund raising event, under the form of an acoustic concert, in which 4 bands join forces to support a center that treats patients with incurable diseases in their terminal phase. I'm pretty stoked about it, but man, did it drain me... Please keep me updated on the website and on the laser engraving thing!

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Nov 30 2014, 01:08 AM
Wow, that sounds like a great cause and event. When is that happening?

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 29 2014, 06:31 AM) *
Hey Von! Glad to see you back in the business matey! I sure remember our discussion and I think it would be more than great if that could happen biggrin.gif

Me.. well, I'm busy as usual - band, GMC, PRS related activities, my little company and lately, I'm in the middle of organizing my first fund raising event, under the form of an acoustic concert, in which 4 bands join forces to support a center that treats patients with incurable diseases in their terminal phase. I'm pretty stoked about it, but man, did it drain me... Please keep me updated on the website and on the laser engraving thing!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 30 2014, 02:17 PM
Instructor
It will be happening on December 10th in Bucharest, in our nices live concert venue - The Silver Church. This is how it looks like:

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 30 2014, 07:54 PM
Nice! How about a raffle to raise money and use some Custom Picks as the prize?

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 30 2014, 09:17 AM) *
It will be happening on December 10th in Bucharest, in our nices live concert venue - The Silver Church. This is how it looks like:

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 1 2014, 08:58 AM
Instructor
I will talk to the guys at the Hospice institution about it wink.gif They are organizing the raffle and out of what I know, they already have prizes prepared. I haven't poked my nose into this aspect too much, tho - let's see what they'll say, but it's a very good idea!

We have 3 of Romania's most famous tattoo houses coming over with stands and offering a day's work from 2 of their artists, each, for anyone wanting to get a tattoo - they pay half the price and the money goes exclusively for the charity cause.

I'm thrilled to see how this thing - which was supposed to be something small initially, has evolved into the biggest thing of its kind in the last years or so.

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Dec 1 2014, 03:54 PM
That place looks amazing!!! And cheap tattoos for charity. If I could I'd be on a plane to be there! And I'd be happy to throw in some picks if they wanted.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 1 2014, 07:58 AM) *
I will talk to the guys at the Hospice institution about it wink.gif They are organizing the raffle and out of what I know, they already have prizes prepared. I haven't poked my nose into this aspect too much, tho - let's see what they'll say, but it's a very good idea!

We have 3 of Romania's most famous tattoo houses coming over with stands and offering a day's work from 2 of their artists, each, for anyone wanting to get a tattoo - they pay half the price and the money goes exclusively for the charity cause.

I'm thrilled to see how this thing - which was supposed to be something small initially, has evolved into the biggest thing of its kind in the last years or so.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 2 2014, 09:35 AM
Instructor
It's going to be really big and hopefully people will react and change something smile.gif

http://roevents.ro/pretuim-fiecare-clipa-d...ta.html#77/6077

Here are some pics from the center - last week, we all went there for a visit smile.gif I have decided to teach guitar to these kids as a volunteer from January onward - I think music has the power to change something in their lives, so if I can do that - why not? smile.gif

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Dec 2 2014, 02:33 PM
I wish you the best of luck with it. It is really admirable, and must be really rewarding to make those kids smile. Charities like that really put things in perspective.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 2 2014, 08:35 AM) *
It's going to be really big and hopefully people will react and change something smile.gif

http://roevents.ro/pretuim-fiecare-clipa-d...ta.html#77/6077

Here are some pics from the center - last week, we all went there for a visit smile.gif I have decided to teach guitar to these kids as a volunteer from January onward - I think music has the power to change something in their lives, so if I can do that - why not? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 3 2014, 04:16 PM
Instructor
Thank you very much, mate smile.gif It's the best I can do and since I have this power, why not bring the folks together and make a difference? An artist is a center of influence and he should act accordingly!

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Dec 23 2014, 06:23 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 3 2014, 03:16 PM) *
Thank you very much, mate smile.gif It's the best I can do and since I have this power, why not bring the folks together and make a difference? An artist is a center of influence and he should act accordingly!

How did it go? Hope it was very successful!!

I also wanted to let everybody know that, I have managed to make some changes and get my costs down considerably. 1.27mm and .81mm are only $5.00 and the big 3.2mm are only $6.00. This is more more the price range I have wanted all along.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 24 2014, 11:25 AM
Instructor
Hey mate!

It was successful beyond any expectation I had - that evening, we raised about 5000 bucks and all in all, after several additional donations, around 6500 bucks. Here's the video recording of the gig:

and a pic with the team that I worked with so that we could make things possible:

Attached Image

How did you manage to reduce the production costs?

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Dec 24 2014, 11:28 AM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:31 AM