Practice Technique, Thanks to Ben
Opetholic
Jun 20 2012, 03:56 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hello GMCers,

I want to share with you a practice technique that I learned from Ben during one of his video chat lessons. It sounds very trivial and very natural but I had never done it before. Once I started using this technique new avenues opened for me and I started breaking my speed barriers. So I want to share it with you because now I am very enthusiastic about this technique and also want to thank Ben for teaching this to us:

Suppose you are working on an exercise and you are at a speed you are not comfortable with. Instead of trying the whole passage at that tempo or going back in speed (assuming at lower speeds you have no problems), work on little bursts. Take say the first couple of notes and play them at that tempo. And then the next few notes after a break. Eventually once you get the muscle memory it all fits together and you can combine it all..

It sounds extremely trivial I know smile.gif but it helped me so much improving my speed.. Have it a go with your routines smile.gif

Cheers,
O.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:22 PM