Phonic Helix Board 18 Firewire
Jean-Marc
Nov 13 2009, 08:13 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hi there !

I have a huge problem. I decided to start recording the stuff that I play.
I want to record it with my Phonic Helixboard 18 Firewire. But the problem is that Windows has a problem with de drivers which are on CD. So i tried to download a driver at phonic.com..

But it failed. Windows is just telling me that it can´t find the software.

Do you maybe know where I can download those drivers? Or maybe you know the reason.

By the way , I just started to work with stuff like this. So please be so kind and tell me in a language which I understand ^^ wink.gif ...

I´m a total noob ..i know ^^ ....so please help me =)

Greetings Jean

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Nov 13 2009, 08:20 PM
GMC:er
I went to phonic.com, clicked support, clicked download, clicked software, chose the phonic helixboard 18 firewire, and chose the download link to test. I then copied that link, clicked reply, typed this message and then...

http://doc.phonic.com/file/download.php?se...=1&id=12118

I pasted the link. Let's see if it works! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Jean-Marc
Nov 13 2009, 09:02 PM
Learning Tone Master
I already tried that one....With no effekt...just the same ...as with the CD..

And than thats the first problem :

Attached Image

So i disconnect it and do everything like there said before ...after that :
Attached Image

and nothing happens.---

Sometimes he asks me where he should take the drivers from ... I tried from the CD--> no effect...

I tried from the driver which i downloaded from the phonic site...no effect.. he allways says:

cannot find correct file......

hmmm.....

and that all leads to : Attached Image

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Nov 13 2009, 09:10 PM
GMC:er
How long did you leave the installation running, the screenshot where it says 'installation is running....' seems like maybe it needed to run longer? Like... go take a nap while it runs? smile.gif

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Staffy
Nov 13 2009, 09:30 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Jean-Marc @ Nov 13 2009, 09:02 PM) *
Sometimes he asks me where he should take the drivers from ... I tried from the CD--> no effect...

I tried from the driver which i downloaded from the phonic site...no effect.. he allways says:

cannot find correct file......

Try to locate the folder on the CD where .dll - file is (eg. driver) when the installer asks for the drivers.
They use to sit in a sub-folder called "drivers" or "system" or something similar.

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 14 2009, 01:41 AM
Instructor
What windows are you running? If it is Vista, Firewire issues are common there as far as I could see based on some reading here on the forum. I hate to bring the bad news, but perhaps you can email the phonic support, and ask them directly if the device is compatible.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 14 2009, 02:19 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Sometimes the issue with Windows is a flaky install often caused if you try and install a driver in the wrong order. Under Vista the issue is often whether or not you had administration rights to install. Without admin rights Vista often won't install fully - it installs but does not complete as it wants admin authorisation.

First check in device manager (Control Panel.System>Device manager for XP). If the Phonic installed at all then it should show as a device either under Sound or perhaps under Firewire (IEEE 1394). If it has a yellow question mark (?) then windows sees it but there is a problem. You can often then double click and you should get an option that allows you to reinstall.

Second - if you uninstalled then you may not have uninstalled the drivers cleanly if you just 'deleted' them rather than uninstalling properly. Deleting sometimes leaves 'ghost' tags etc in the registry and a partial and corrupt 'ghost' dll. Trying to re-install over a ghost device will not work since Windows sees the ghost. If this is the case you need to find and remove the ghost properly. There are a few tools available to do this. Roland Instruments may be able to supply you with one.

At present, as Ivan says, Firewire under Vista and for new Macs can be an issue. It depends on the chipset of the firewire card in the pc. Afaik the only chipset that does NOT cause an issue is the Texas one - other chipsets may or may not work depending on how lucky you are.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Jean-Marc
Nov 14 2009, 04:00 PM
Learning Tone Master
Well i have Windows XP ......I will try your advice and tell you then if I succed ^^

thanks a lot for your help ...!!! =)

Greetings Jean

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 15 2009, 02:23 AM
Instructor
hmm, if it is on XP, I would focus on the driver part. It's possible that there is something wrong there. As tony suggested, check the device manager, and see is the firewire working properly, and do you have the device listed.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Nov 15 2009, 02:23 AM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:43 PM