3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
It's Official...
Sensible Jones
May 29 2009, 12:45 PM
GMC:er
Wow, sorry to hear about this Rok!!! personally, for the kind of money you're laying out, I'd return it and get the one you were originally after1
i do like that grey finish though!!!!!
wink.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
synfection
May 29 2009, 01:18 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Berglmir @ May 29 2009, 10:32 AM) *
Although I like the grey one much more I would also not compromise on your dream guitar.

What I would TRY to arrange (regarding previous errors on THEIR part) would be a deal communicated like this:

"Look. YOU made the errors - but I´m still willing to buy the guitar from you BUT: I want my originally ordered guitar in EXCHANGE!!
So I´m keeping the grey one until the tri-color has arrived. Of course I will not use the grey one to hammer in nails into my wall but I WILL play it - no more no less. If that´s not acceptable for you I want my order completly re-transacted retroactively and I will take business elswhere."...and I would mean it too! mad.gif

+1!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"][/font]

Esp Ltd Ec - 400
line 6 Spider III

+Quote Post
rokchik
May 29 2009, 01:48 PM
The Dark Canuck
Thanks everyone for the comments smile.gif

After a somewhat good nights sleep I'm still no further ahead laugh.gif I spent a few hours last night trying to find some decent pics of the grey but I believe the guy at the store made a mistake when he said it was a flame top, as all I can find is quilt tops for the 2009 models ( but I might be wrong) Here is a link to the best pick I could find of the guitar in Grey Black

http://www.willcuttguitars.com/_product_31...ck_Quilt_10_Top

It is pretty sweet looking actually, I'll admit that. Looks almost satin like I think anyways. But I am still on the fence as to what I'm gonna do. I like Berglmir's idea of holding on to the grey until they fix the problem and order me the tri though. Seems a good way to guarantee compliance on their end. Oh the dilemma laugh.gif Saturday feels like an eternity away...

+Quote Post
Fran
May 29 2009, 02:39 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
OMG Rok, I can't believe this, how on earth could they screw it twice!...

It might not be what you want to hear, but you'll feel better in the long run if you return it and wait a bit for the one you really wanted. Otherwise you might end up with a gorgeus guitar which you will be 99% satisfied with, but everytime you see the other color that 1% might itch.

I say patience. Return it and get what you really crave for!

This decision will be much harder to take once you have the grey one in your house though, I'm sure it's awesome too. Don't even open it laugh.gif

QUOTE (MickeM @ May 29 2009, 12:28 AM) *
Who's running that music shop, Basil Fawlty?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
May 29 2009, 02:47 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
If you were just buying 'another' guitar I'd suggest keeping it if you can live with the grey colour and spend the rebate on something else.

As it's your dream guitar Rok I think you should return it. Even if you really like the grey it may always be at the back of your mind that the tri was your dream.

Not sure why Sweetwater won't ship to Canada. Sometimes though manufacturers make their official dealers sign an agreement though whereby they cannot supply outside their country border to any other country that has official suppliers. The industry tends to deny this protectionism goes on but I've come across this situation a few times and been told it 'off the record' by two of the big UK importers.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
JVM
May 29 2009, 04:26 PM
Learning Roadie
If you can hold on to the grey until they ship you the tri color, do that. It's a slightly better compromise than just sending it back and waiting. But I'm sorry to hear how long this is taking, however when you get the burst it'll be all worth it!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
rokchik
May 29 2009, 07:30 PM
The Dark Canuck
New development guys...

The manager of the store just called me. He wanted to personally say how sorry he was for the mix up, and that as this was the second one it was just inexcusable... duh wink.gif He said that he has personally ordered a new Tremonti Signature in Tri Color and that I can hang on to the grey/black until it arrives. He is going to send me the Tri Color when it arrives so that I can pick which one I want and then send the other back to them. He said it was only fair to have both in my hands and make a decision as it is their fault I even have to choose. He said it will take another two months as they are made custom, and he apologized again for the wait and mix up. All other agreements for price will stay and he is also offering me 20% off my new amp, even off sale price, when I get it.... still shopping for that one wink.gif

So this is making me feel a lot better I must say. They really seem to want to make me happy. Plus I didn't even have to ask for it smile.gif Still ticked about the situation, however I'll give them an "A" for effort.

rok

+Quote Post
sted
May 29 2009, 07:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (rokchik @ May 29 2009, 07:30 PM) *
New development guys...

The manager of the store just called me. He wanted to personally say how sorry he was for the mix up, and that as this was the second one it was just inexcusable... duh wink.gif He said that he has personally ordered a new Tremonti Signature in Tri Color and that I can hang on to the grey/black until it arrives. He is going to send me the Tri Color when it arrives so that I can pick which one I want and then send the other back to them. He said it was only fair to have both in my hands and make a decision as it is their fault I even have to choose. He said it will take another two months as they are made custom, and he apologized again for the wait and mix up. All other agreements for price will stay and he is also offering me 20% off my new amp, even off sale price, when I get it.... still shopping for that one wink.gif

So this is making me feel a lot better I must say. They really seem to want to make me happy. Plus I didn't even have to ask for it smile.gif Still ticked about the situation, however I'll give them an "A" for effort.

rok

Things just happen sometimes, the measure of somebody is how they act and treat you when a bad situation arises, in this case the guy seems to have made genuine efforts to to reconcile the situation, best of all, you get to play with two new PRS guitars for a few days, have to say that would be worth a bit of hassle!

+Quote Post
rokchik
May 29 2009, 07:50 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (sted @ May 29 2009, 03:44 PM) *
Things just happen sometimes, the measure of somebody is how they act and treat you when a bad situation arises, in this case the guy seems to have made genuine efforts to to reconcile the situation, best of all, you get to play with two new PRS guitars for a few days, have to say that would be worth a bit of hassle!

Yeah sted I am impressed with how the manager is handling things. And like you said I'll have two guitars to play for a coupe of days when the second one arrives biggrin.gif I don't think many places would be so trusting actually.

+Quote Post
JVM
May 29 2009, 08:00 PM
Learning Roadie
Cool, I'm glad it's working out smile.gif What amps are you considering?

Double post deleted as requested. Tony

This post has been edited by tonymiro: May 29 2009, 09:15 PM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Paiva
May 29 2009, 08:28 PM
I have my PRS SE Custom in gray black and like it a lot I think I wouldn't change it for any 'burst guitar but If you aren't happy with the guitar I think you should send it back again...

--------------------
GEAR:

Guitars:
PRS SE Custom
Epiphone SG Special
Antonio Pinto de Carvalho Classical Guitar
Fender 12 strings
[/color]

Amp:
Epiphone Studio 10s combo
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe!!!!!!!!!!

Pedals:
Kork AX5G
Boss RC-2

2nd song :) Please go check it and post something ;) (again link below)

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
May 29 2009, 09:19 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (rokchik @ May 29 2009, 06:50 PM) *
Yeah sted I am impressed with how the manager is handling things. And like you said I'll have two guitars to play for a coupe of days when the second one arrives biggrin.gif I don't think many places would be so trusting actually.

Absolutley. Like sted says he seems to be going the extra mile to make amends. He seems keen to leave this one on good terms and so be in the running for your future business. Sometimes just building a good rapport with a shop is worth its weight in gold.

Now if you could arrange for the gray one to get lost in transit somewhere over Cadiz when you return it Rok wink.gif

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
rokchik
May 29 2009, 10:05 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (tonymiro @ May 29 2009, 05:19 PM) *
Now if you could arrange for the gray one to get lost in transit somewhere over Cadiz when you return it Rok wink.gif

Tony I will see what I can do wink.gif cool.gif

@JVM - I haven't sat down and really looked at specific models yet. About all I'm 100% sure on is I want a tube amp. I have a modeling amp now but I also have a Podxt so it's a bit redundant. I'm still debating on the watts as well. As much as it would be great to have 100 it's a bit of overkill for just my living room. I have a 30 watt amp now which is more then enough so I think I will stick with that... or maybe bounce it up to 50 but I think that's as high as I'll go... hmmm a Mesa Single Rectifier 50 would certainly be nice wink.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Berglmir
May 29 2009, 10:12 PM
I like the way they are behaving!
Errors happen - but it´s the manner of how to act upon them that counts and I´m lifting my hat for the professionalism of those guys.

Within all your bad-luck this is a streak of light - one could have fared much much worse!! laugh.gif
Have fun with your grey PRS - I bet it´s a marvelous instrument!

PS. A sceptic might say: " Hey! - they have read this thread and acted pro-activly on our suggestions how to handle this mess!"

What a great community we are!!!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
rokchik
May 29 2009, 10:17 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Berglmir @ May 29 2009, 06:12 PM) *
PS. A sceptic might say: " Hey! - they have read this thread and acted pro-activly on our suggestions how to handle this mess!"

What a great community we are!!!! biggrin.gif

Yes I thought maybe they saw your comment laugh.gif biggrin.gif But yes they are redeeming themselves, in my eyes anyways.

And without a doubt this is an amazing community!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
May 29 2009, 10:51 PM
Jazz Instructor
That's really bad, hope you will get your money back!

+Quote Post
Fran
May 29 2009, 10:52 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I'm so glad to hear that Rok, they really messed things up, but they seem to have really nice costumer service, that's a plus smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
audiopaal
May 29 2009, 11:06 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
That's just sad...
They managed to get the wrong guitar again?? sad.gif

Well, I personally thought the grey flame was awesome so I'd ask for a little money back and keep it biggrin.gif

But I see your frustration sad.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
May 29 2009, 11:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (fkalich @ May 29 2009, 11:05 AM) *
Probably true. But still you can want something in particular, and then later after getting it, find out it was not as big a deal as you thought. I know some of the Les Pauls (such as some Marcus has) with a solid color but with wood grain and nice flame are really pretty cool looking. I used to make a big deal out of cherry sunburst Les Pauls, like that is the only thing I could want because Jimmy Page had that, but now I don't feel that way, and my 58 Les Paul Reissue is that color. So give it a chance, but if two days later you still want the other, I would wait the month or two to get it. That is what I would do, if you are still sure you want the other, I would wait for it and not settle.

I totally agree with you fkalich!

I am not too picky on color, I always go for sound and sound only as first choice. Then comes neck and playability. Hopefully look of the guitar will fit my taste if not that can be altered (paint job is not as difficult as it seems smile.gif.
But yeah, I agree with you, if you want same guitar couple of days later return the one you got and ask for original one smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
May 30 2009, 01:54 AM
I want that it all that happened to you, happens to me at the hour of the purchase and have all that discount!!. Jajaja

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:40 AM