Patterns
fused
Nov 27 2008, 05:39 AM
GMC:er
Just havin some fun with my Jazz box - Gibson L5

All guitar parts are done with the L5. Bass and drums are the boss DR 880 drum machine

Patterns

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 27 2008, 08:40 PM
Instructor
It sounds pretty cool mate, a bit bassy but OK. I would add a bit more presence to the sound.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
fused
Nov 28 2008, 12:40 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Nov 27 2008, 02:40 PM) *
It sounds pretty cool mate, a bit bassy but OK. I would add a bit more presence to the sound.

Thanks man.... Just curious, did you listen through headphones or the computers sound system? I mix everything for headphones. AKG Studios are used. When I play this through my home computer's sound system, it sounds a bit bottom heavy. Via headphones, it sounds very balanced.

Thanks for listening and for the input smile.gif

fused

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Dec 2 2008, 12:49 AM
Instructor
I listen on some cheap laptop speakers and the bass is too strong (on well balanced bass I cannot even hear the bass), also mixing with headphones is not a good idea, especially for stereo image.. but try to listen on as many different speakers as you can, and then find the compromise smile.gif

I would also add more hi's and cut lo's on rhythm guitar to push the lead a bit forward

Regarding the tune, I like it, it's so dreamy smile.gif

This post has been edited by Dejan Farkas: Dec 2 2008, 12:50 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 2 2008, 08:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (fused @ Nov 28 2008, 12:40 AM) *
Thanks man.... Just curious, did you listen through headphones or the computers sound system? I mix everything for headphones. AKG Studios are used. When I play this through my home computer's sound system, it sounds a bit bottom heavy. Via headphones, it sounds very balanced.

Thanks for listening and for the input smile.gif

fused

I listened both on AKG K141 Studio and on desktop speakers and it lacks presence a bit mate. When mixing it is not a good idea to mix only with headphones, this will lead to mixes like this. Always use as many monitoring sources as you can find - desktop speakers, car stereo, headphones. The more you use, the better you will know how your mix is sounding.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:01 PM