> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

13 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Vince09's Music Workouts, for Gab's Army
Vince09
Nov 29 2014, 09:45 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Gab!I am doing fine..making my best to achieve my goals smile.gif This is exactly the way I study by ear a song...First I discover the roots for the first 2 chords,then the chords and after that I establish the tonality of the song...and from this moment I know what the chords posibilities are.I also use amazing slow downer and it really helps smile.gif
Regarding the 70's lesson I will follow your advice and take lick by lick and make it sound like Sinisa.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 1 2014, 07:29 AM
Instructor
Great Vince! I'll wait for news. wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Vince09
Dec 9 2014, 10:23 PM
Hey Gab!Here is another try on the 70's lesson. In the spirit of 70's part 1-2-3 #2

This post has been edited by Vince09: Dec 9 2014, 10:24 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 10 2014, 06:07 PM
Instructor
Hi Vince! Congrats on this new take! Your playing is evolving really good. smile.gif

You are now doing a better use of silences and also are giving more feeling to the phrases thanks to the use of dynamics, slides and other phrasing techniques. Your vibrato is still weak compared with Sinisa's on the original lesson. Sometimes it's not wide enough and some other times is not going with the groove.

Be careful with the licks at 00:23 which are not totally clean and have some little timing issues, and from there to the end I notice some other licks that has VERY little timing issues. Nothing so serious, just pay attention to it.

Keep on the great job!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 10 2014, 07:59 PM
Instructor
Guitar Plan for the next 20 days:

Learning 4 songs by ear:

Song 1: http://youtu.be/GTwJo0HeNmU
Song 2: http://youtu.be/qPxL5guYmWw
Song 3: http://youtu.be/9DvRCykzHy4
Song 4: http://youtu.be/pzoppexUOXg

Working on a technique lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bending-Ballad/

Please let me know what you think of the songs and lesson.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Dec 11 2014, 06:55 PM
Hey Gab!Thank you for the comment of the 70's lesson,I will pay extra attention to those parts you mentioned ...I think it will be ok by the time I will finish the lesson.The next part of the lesson is very tricky cause I am not used of using my fingers so fast ...Please tell the right way to study this kind of licks.Also I saw the routine for the 20 days and I think it's excellent...That's exatcly what I want smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 10 2014, 08:59 PM) *
Guitar Plan for the next 20 days:

Learning 4 songs by ear:

Song 1: http://youtu.be/GTwJo0HeNmU
Song 2: http://youtu.be/qPxL5guYmWw
Song 3: http://youtu.be/9DvRCykzHy4
Song 4: http://youtu.be/pzoppexUOXg

Working on a technique lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bending-Ballad/

Please let me know what you think of the songs and lesson.

This post has been edited by Vince09: Dec 11 2014, 06:56 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 13 2014, 05:48 AM
Instructor
the next parts include some really tricky Alternate Picking licks, mostly based on pentatonic scale with chromatic notes as passing notes. The good thing is that the licks are based on repetitive patterns that are played on a scale shape. The best way to master this licks is to divide it in very short fragments and work on them as isolated exercises to be able to think mostly on playing everything doing small movements to apply an effective technique.

The licks are fast so you won't be mastering them in one day, but it's a good reason to start developing your speed. Speed can be achieved starting with short loops that should be extended progressively.

HERE you will find some cool speed exercises that you can take as example.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Dec 13 2014, 05:35 PM
Hey Gab!I had a different approach on the speed lick but this one that you proposed is far better ...About the RHCP-Californication...This song is made in Am tonality with the intro Am-F,verse Am-F-C-G-C-Dm ,pre chorus strumming Am-F,chorus C5-G5-D5-A5,C5-G5-D5.I still didn't figure out the chords for the solo.Also here is a picture with the arppegios used for the intro and verse.
Attached Image

This post has been edited by Vince09: Dec 13 2014, 05:39 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 13 2014, 10:36 PM
Instructor
Hi Vince!! Great job with this one! You are very close. About the chords, there is only a little difference in the verse section. Check out the correct progression:

Am-F-C-G-F-Dm

Then, the intro arpeggios. You are close but it's not perfect yet. As the bass is also doing a melody there, it confuses a bit but please check again the lead guitar, and maybe check some live videos to hear better what guitar and bass are doing there.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Jan 20 2015, 05:21 PM
Hi Gab!I don't why I in included also the arppegios made by the guitar bass blink.gif ...but anyway here is the intro arpeggios made by the lead guitar.
Attached Image
The song Greenday Basket by Greenday is made in A# Major tonality..I believe it's in Myxolidian mode.Te structure of the song it's pretty new to me and I don't know how to name them...maybe you can recommend me a link to learn exactly about the structure of a song.
So here it is:
Chorus:D#-A#-C-G,G#-D#-A#
Bridge 1: G#-A#-D#,G#-A#-D#-C#-C-G#-A#-D#(with a little legatto part D# hammer on F pull off D#)
Bridge 2 : D#-A#-C-A#,G#-A#.

This is the only song I discoverd for now,the rest 3 songs I can't hear them clearly and I am a little bit blocked at the moment sad.gif
Now comes the sad part,The 70's lesson.I am still at part nr 4 of the lesson were is that speed lick.I did some ugly mistakes while I was studying like the first time I considered that there are 5 notes per beat and it was wrong,the second time i learned the lick with 6 notes per beat and after I did this I played with the original song and I saw that I am 1 beat behind.This is so frustrating cause that means the lick has 7 notes per beat and I got to start learning all over again.Please tell me if that lick has indeed 7 beats per not cause I will go crazy smile.gif if I learn wrong again ...

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 13 2014, 11:36 PM) *
Hi Vince!! Great job with this one! You are very close. About the chords, there is only a little difference in the verse section. Check out the correct progression:

Am-F-C-G-F-Dm

Then, the intro arpeggios. You are close but it's not perfect yet. As the bass is also doing a melody there, it confuses a bit but please check again the lead guitar, and maybe check some live videos to hear better what guitar and bass are doing there.

This post has been edited by Vince09: Jan 20 2015, 05:25 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 21 2015, 02:01 AM
Instructor
Hi Vince! Great to hear from you here!

The RHCP intro is close but there is still a small difference in the last notes of each arpeggio. You have my permision to use youtube to see a how to play video where you can see exactly how the intro should be played. Then listen again to the song, and try to hear the difference and to find out why you couldn't get it right. This is not a battle lost, this is a learning process so please don't worry.

The chords for Basket Case are very tight, you did a good job learning it by ear. The key is D# major. It's simply to note it, just try to imagine what's the best chord to end the progressions, what chord would you play to release the parts, try the one that you said, and then try D# and let me know what's the difference.

About song structure. Pop/rock/punk songs usually include this sections, in difference possible orders and repetitions: Intro, Verse, Pre- chorus, Chorus, Bridge, Solo section, Outro. This song seems to start directly with an intro connected with the chorus, and it includes musical bridges, and a solo section where there isn't a solo, just power chords.

And finally, here you can see the rhythm used in that part that is giving problems:

Attached Image

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 22 2015, 02:53 PM
Instructor
Hi Vince! These are some rhythm lessons suggestions:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Blues-Rock-Rhythm/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Blues-Rhythm-Guitar/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Pop-Punk-Lesson/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Van-Halen-Style-Rhythm/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Jan 22 2015, 03:43 PM
Hey Gab!Thank you for this awesome rhythm lessons...I will start right now with Van Halen style Rhythm and then with the others.
I watched a video on youtube on saw exactly how the intro arppegios of RHCP should sound.The original lesson uses open strings and the sound is totally different to what I suggested.
Attached Image
I don't know what was in my mind when I said that the tonality of the Green Basket song is A# Major....since A#5 was the last chords it would sound weird to end it in A#Major,it's like it doesn't end.So the right one is D#Major with C# borrowed from D# Mixolydian.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 22 2015, 03:53 PM) *

This post has been edited by Vince09: Jan 22 2015, 03:47 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 23 2015, 01:30 PM
Instructor
Now we are talking! smile.gif

Ok, please start working on VH lesson, and also try to learn a new song by ear and share news here.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Jan 23 2015, 09:48 PM
Hey Gab!I am working smile.gif but the song Radiohead - Creep is giving me headaches...I know the chords but I can't hear clearly the arppegios cause they are using effects...please help sad.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 24 2015, 04:48 AM
Instructor
Ok, a little help. The first chord is played using the "E shape" of the caged system. The arpeggio starts with root, followed by the thirds, then it continues with notes of the chord, but the 4 is added melodically, so the chord becomes "sus4" in one moment.

Hehehe I'm just giving some tracks... try again and let me know. Please don't feel frustrated, this is a game, a learning game. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Jan 26 2015, 10:01 PM
Hi Gab!Here is my way of playing the Van Halen lesson...Van Halen Style Rhythm
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 24 2015, 05:48 AM) *
Ok, a little help. The first chord is played using the "E shape" of the caged system. The arpeggio starts with root, followed by the thirds, then it continues with notes of the chord, but the 4 is added melodically, so the chord becomes "sus4" in one moment.

Hehehe I'm just giving some tracks... try again and let me know. Please don't feel frustrated, this is a game, a learning game. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 27 2015, 01:12 PM
Instructor
Hi Vince! Great job with this lesson! You've learn the whole things and can make every section sound clean and clear! That's a great first step!! Now you have to focus on two elements:

- Groove
- Dynamics

I would start in the order that I listed them, starting with groove. If you compare your take with the original one you will notice that Alex's riffs and chords are like "dancing" with the drums, if you close your eyes and let your body follow the lesson, you will not only move your head or tap with your foot, you will find your self doing some kind of happy motion with the groove. That's what your take is lacking. Your take is very static and if I close my eyes I have a situation where the drums want to make me dance but the guitar want to stop me. This is lack of groove and also a little timing issue that I found in which you sometimes tend to go a bit before the groove. This can be noted even in the first riff.

So the idea is to work on polishing your timing and groove, how? Work on each riff at a time, starting with the first one. Create a loop, close you eyes, play it and dance with the music. Let your arms, hands and body be relaxed while you play.

After some time of practice, record yourself, maybe just playing the first riff and compare it again with the original lesson. If you feel that you get closer please share it here.

Ok?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Jan 27 2015, 09:16 PM
Hi Gab!How are you?I have read closely your opinion and I agree..Yes..i play like a robot smile.gif There is no attitude,there is no feeling of what I play but also of the backing track ...maybe cause I am too cocentrated on getting the lesson right...you can see it in the video,all the time I am watching my moves.I realized that this is not the way it should be done so next step is to get into relax mode and enjoy the music but also tap all the time with my foot so I don't have timming issues.I can do it smile.gif I will share my results soon...

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 27 2015, 02:12 PM) *
Hi Vince! Great job with this lesson! You've learn the whole things and can make every section sound clean and clear! That's a great first step!! Now you have to focus on two elements:

- Groove
- Dynamics

I would start in the order that I listed them, starting with groove. If you compare your take with the original one you will notice that Alex's riffs and chords are like "dancing" with the drums, if you close your eyes and let your body follow the lesson, you will not only move your head or tap with your foot, you will find your self doing some kind of happy motion with the groove. That's what your take is lacking. Your take is very static and if I close my eyes I have a situation where the drums want to make me dance but the guitar want to stop me. This is lack of groove and also a little timing issue that I found in which you sometimes tend to go a bit before the groove. This can be noted even in the first riff.

So the idea is to work on polishing your timing and groove, how? Work on each riff at a time, starting with the first one. Create a loop, close you eyes, play it and dance with the music. Let your arms, hands and body be relaxed while you play.

After some time of practice, record yourself, maybe just playing the first riff and compare it again with the original lesson. If you feel that you get closer please share it here.

Ok?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 28 2015, 12:41 PM
Instructor
Ok! I have to say that I really liked this phrase:

"next step is to get into relax mode and enjoy the music"

The second half of this phrase is the first rule! Looking forward your new takes. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:45 PM