String Skipping! In A Riff
Todd Simpson
Jun 27 2014, 05:54 AM
GMC:er
I thought I posted this, but now I can't find it!!! So here we go again smile.gif This is a preview of what we will work on this weekend. If you can figure out this riff before the tablature, YOU FREAKING RAWK!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 27 2014, 06:37 PM
Made a special pin to go on your BOOTCAMP badge if anyone can play this without the tabs!! If not, we will learn it this weekend smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 27 2014, 12:54 AM) *
I thought I posted this, but now I can't find it!!! So here we go again smile.gif This is a preview of what we will work on this weekend. If you can figure out this riff before the tablature, YOU FREAKING RAWK!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Spock
Jun 27 2014, 06:44 PM
Another one of my many weaknesses.

I had a difficult time playing the verse to this song years ago. Finally it clicked but it's really the only string skipping I've ever attempted. I haven't played this song in a long long time and I wonder if I'd have any difficulty with the verse if I tried when I got home.

I'll see.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 27 2014, 07:35 PM
give it a shot once you back to your studio! smile.gif The good news is that the bits we are going to learn this weekend should sort out many of the issues you may have with STRING SKIPPING.

I've got some very cool bits ready to roll smile.gif

QUOTE (Spock @ Jun 27 2014, 01:44 PM) *

I had a difficult time playing the verse to this song years ago. Finally it clicked but it's really the only string skipping I've ever attempted. I haven't played this song in a long long time and I wonder if I'd have any difficulty with the verse if I tried when I got home.

I'll see.

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Jun 27 2014, 09:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
I have it memorized in my head while I'm sitting on the john at work... If possible ill record it and send it over : )

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 28 2014, 03:29 AM
heheheheh. Thanks for that! smile.gif Hope you can make it to chat!

QUOTE (Jim S. @ Jun 27 2014, 04:09 PM) *
I have it memorized in my head while I'm sitting on the john at work... If possible ill record it and send it over : )

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 28 2014, 07:04 PM
Instructor
Todd I can't quite tell because of the camera focus or something... but are you using strict alternate or is there some economy going on there ? cool.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 28 2014, 07:07 PM
BOTH!!! smile.gif It's a bit of a Hybrid. I'm using alternate when on a single string but economic going back and forth at various points along the way.

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 28 2014, 02:04 PM) *
Todd I can't quite tell because of the camera focus or something... but are you using strict alternate or is there some economy going on there ? cool.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 29 2014, 12:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 28 2014, 07:07 PM) *
BOTH!!! smile.gif It's a bit of a Hybrid. I'm using alternate when on a single string but economic going back and forth at various points along the way.

Ah good, I'm glad my eyes aren't deceiving me !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 29 2014, 01:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Spock @ Jun 27 2014, 05:44 PM) *

I'll see.

Great tune mate! Love this album and I should take it out for a listen once again smile.gif

The verse part is indeed a nice AP drill, but if you slow it down and practice it with a metronome understanding where the accents are, making sure that you pick with small movements and playing it enough until it becomes familiar and natural, it will surely click once again with certainty! I'd love to see you have a go at this man!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:10 PM