Stupid Guitars... [need Technical Help]
Guest_Schpudd_*
Sep 6 2007, 06:09 AM

Hi there GMC,

I have 3 Ibanez electric guitars I'll state the problems with each, and any advice you guys could give would be appreciated. (If I'm just being fussy let me know tongue.gif)

Ibanez VBT700:
The action was set up medium/low from the shop (iMuso.co.uk). How low is low before I get fret buzz?
The tone pot came loose recently so when I turn it it feels really loose. How can I stop this / fit it back in?

Ibanez IC200:
There's crackling when I turn the tone pot. How easy is this to get rid of?
The action is really high. Again how low is low before I get fret buzz?

Ibanez EX360:
The input jack is temperamental.
The volume pot crackles.
The 5 way switch often needs fiddling with to 'select' a pickup.
There isn't enough output - even with a Seymour Duncan Invader. (It sound comparable to stock - it's a regular pickup not designed for tremolo systems. This shouldn't make a difference right? Would I just need a volume pot?)
The tremolo system (Ibanez TRS Trem is all it says) is really stiff. It's also really noisy when I bend it like it creaks like hell. Is it possible to oil this or something?
I know how to set up the action but the screws are just too tight. What should I do?

I dunno sometimes I feel like guitars are too much work to keep sounding/feeling at their best.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:00 AM