Still Workin' "vivaldi", And a new camera, Cosmin!!
derper
Mar 11 2012, 11:35 PM
Learning Tone Master
After my last minute rush to get a (somewhat failed) video into Cosmin's last collab, I went and got a new camera yesterday. Works great, so no more video/file issues!

Today at work, I took a moment to put together a quick take of my progress on Cosmin's "Vivaldi: Winter Arpeggios" lesson. I'm not quite at the lever/full speed to submit a REC vid yet. Pretty "close", but sometimes that small improvement from 80% to 100% (speed, accuracy and technique) is the most difficult to achieve!

But to be honest, I think it will just come down to putting in the time and repetition on this piece. To be my own critic, I think most of my problems at this point are....

-picking hand is too wild. Minimize strokes, to improve efficiency

-playing it more. Though I'm "familiar" with the piece, I need to run it more until it's "second nature" as opposed to this vid...you can see me watching and "thinking" my way through the riffs a bit too much.

-I know the last note is staccato. I let it ring too much.

-Cleaner on the epic, end riff run!

-More precise timing

-Not letting notes ring out, as I change positions down the neck from part to part

Again, I think it will come with some solid repetition. I hope I can get along enough to submit a REC soon, otherwise I'll be busy with gigs and I may ultimately fall BACKWARDS if I go too long without putting time into this piece.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:50 PM