5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Yash Guitar Mentoring
Yash
Jun 9 2012, 06:59 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jun 9 2012, 11:16 PM) *
You are absolutely correct! It is very easy isn't it?
Now I would like you to start learning the shape of B phrygian there is a reason why I chose it I will explain it later! smile.gif
Thank you for the kind words! I am glad you like my teaching! smile.gif

Yes, it is very easy. And I learnt that shape too. smile.gif

And the notes too. Just now. Very easy. Thanks so much again Alex. biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 12 2012, 05:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 9 2012, 05:59 PM) *
Yes, it is very easy. And I learnt that shape too. smile.gif

And the notes too. Just now. Very easy. Thanks so much again Alex. biggrin.gif

Let me know when you are ready for the next assignment!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 15 2012, 06:30 AM
I am ready for the next one.

This post has been edited by Yash: Jun 15 2012, 07:05 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 15 2012, 08:04 AM
Instructor

Now I would like you to memorize C lydian position

Sorry I had to go to the first fret! Actually C will be on the 13th and F# on the 14th frets!
Let me know when you are ready for the next one! Those are simple at first after we will be done with all the positions I will give you a hard but very powerful exercise that will help you to learn all positions and master them in no time!
Let me know if you have any questions or need help!

This post has been edited by Alex Feather: Jun 15 2012, 08:05 AM

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 15 2012, 08:19 AM
What if I forget the shapes tongue.gif

No, seriously, I have never been good at learning anything by heart.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 15 2012, 08:23 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 15 2012, 07:19 AM) *
What if I forget the shapes tongue.gif

No, seriously, I have never been good at learning anything by heart.

Well that's the whole point of memorizing them well! If you are not ready spend a little bit more time with them! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 15 2012, 08:24 AM
OK, I'll try my best smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 15 2012, 08:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 15 2012, 07:24 AM) *
OK, I'll try my best smile.gif

Don't worry you won't forget! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 15 2012, 08:45 AM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jun 15 2012, 12:56 PM) *
Don't worry you won't forget! smile.gif

I wish I don't. smile.gif

But that's what has always been happening since when I was 10. I keep forgetting stuff. laugh.gif

My Current practice schedule

- Start with alternate picking stuff. Simple 1-2-3-4, 4-3-2-1 On all strings starting 1st fret going to 15th

- Legato from Gab's ITC 1 exercises.

- Sweep from same place.

- Practicing scales you give me.

I get tired then. Give up, sad.gif Play video game. Then somehow get back after a long time. Jam a little.

Then, do Chord shifting practice. And maybe that's it

Oh yeah, I also work on some GMC lessons a little too. And attend V-chats. (Sorry I missed yours yesterday as there was no electricity and I didn't have the laptop at home)

And hence, I dont find time for recording my progress, and thats mostly it.

This post has been edited by Yash: Jun 15 2012, 08:28 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 15 2012, 09:49 PM
I find myself much more motivated now biggrin.gif
I'll practice a lot. smile.gif

Thanks Alex biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Yash: Jun 15 2012, 09:50 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 16 2012, 12:54 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 15 2012, 07:45 AM) *
I wish I don't. smile.gif

But that's what has always been happening since when I was 10. I keep forgetting stuff. laugh.gif

My Current practice schedule

- Start with alternate picking stuff. Simple 1-2-3-4, 4-3-2-1 On all strings starting 1st fret going to 15th

- Legato from Gab's ITC 1 exercises.

- Sweep from same place.

- Practicing scales you give me.

I get tired then. Give up, sad.gif Play video game. Then somehow get back after a long time. Jam a little.

Then, do Chord shifting practice. And maybe that's it

Oh yeah, I also work on some GMC lessons a little too. And attend V-chats. (Sorry I missed yours yesterday as there was no electricity and I didn't have the laptop at home)

And hence, I dont find time for recording my progress, and thats mostly it.

Your practice routine looks fine! I think it's just about being organized and do not give up:)
Try to concentrate on the first alternative picking exercise for about 20 minutes! Set up an alarm and make sure nothing is disturbing you! After that take a 10 minutes break! Than do the same thing for the next exercise! Concentrating for 20 minutes will get you better results than 2 hours of unorganized practicing!
Also I am working on something very cool it will be done in a few days and I would like you to test it out! I will give you more details as soon as I am done:)

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 16 2012, 06:08 AM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jun 16 2012, 05:24 AM) *
Your practice routine looks fine! I think it's just about being organized and do not give up:)
Try to concentrate on the first alternative picking exercise for about 20 minutes! Set up an alarm and make sure nothing is disturbing you! After that take a 10 minutes break! Than do the same thing for the next exercise! Concentrating for 20 minutes will get you better results than 2 hours of unorganized practicing!
Also I am working on something very cool it will be done in a few days and I would like you to test it out! I will give you more details as soon as I am done:)

Yes Sir biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 16 2012, 12:06 PM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jun 16 2012, 05:24 AM) *

That's what I don't do, I don't keep log of any time I spend. And I think two hours is too less sad.gif If I play just two hours, what else would I do. The only work I have nowadays is - Playing guitar, Having fun on the forum AND spending time on computer laugh.gif

6 hours is good biggrin.gif Maybe even more. wink.gif The more I play, the more I gain, right ???? smile.gif So I wanna work a lot and gain as much as possible in these two or three weeks I have before I start with college. biggrin.gif

And I don't take any breaks between playing, that's another problem, I'll take 5-10 mins break for every 20 mins smile.gif

The post above was written when I had just woken up and wasn't in all my senses laugh.gif

Thanks for the tips Alex biggrin.gif

And, if you don't mind, can I get a little sneak preview of that cool thing wink.gif biggrin.gif... Just a little hint. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Yash: Jun 16 2012, 12:07 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 17 2012, 04:55 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 16 2012, 11:06 AM) *
That's what I don't do, I don't keep log of any time I spend. And I think two hours is too less sad.gif If I play just two hours, what else would I do. The only work I have nowadays is - Playing guitar, Having fun on the forum AND spending time on computer laugh.gif

6 hours is good biggrin.gif Maybe even more. wink.gif The more I play, the more I gain, right ???? smile.gif So I wanna work a lot and gain as much as possible in these two or three weeks I have before I start with college. biggrin.gif

And I don't take any breaks between playing, that's another problem, I'll take 5-10 mins break for every 20 mins smile.gif

The post above was written when I had just woken up and wasn't in all my senses laugh.gif

And, if you don't mind, can I get a little sneak preview of that cool thing wink.gif biggrin.gif... Just a little hint. smile.gif

You have to take 20 minutes break every hour because your brain need rest!
Also try to time yourself! Say for example scales for an hour set up an alarm and make sure you are playing for the whole hour without any breaks! After take 20 minutes off and do something else besides guitar! Than go for another hour and say play arpeggios for another hour than take a break again! Just continue doing that!
6 hours is a lot of time in your hands the answer is yes you will gain more but only if you are practicing the correct way!

No you can't see the cool thing just yet cause it's not ready! But it will be fun! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 19 2012, 06:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 16 2012, 11:06 AM) *

Just wanted to check and see if you are ready for a new assignment?

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 19 2012, 07:39 PM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jun 19 2012, 11:29 PM) *
Just wanted to check and see if you are ready for a new assignment?

Not yet. I was busy with the new car we got yesterday, you know planning and all, then little upgrades.

But just post it. Maybe I'll start now smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 19 2012, 08:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 19 2012, 06:39 PM) *
Not yet. I was busy with the new car we got yesterday, you know planning and all, then little upgrades.

But just post it. Maybe I'll start now smile.gif

This one will be a very simple exercise!
Now let's add two more modes:

D Mixolydian and E Ionian

E ionoan

Let me know when you are ready and I will show the trick on how to master those in no time! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 22 2012, 06:34 AM
Alex !!!! I can't learn the shapes very well. I always have to think about the notes. sad.gif This would need time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 22 2012, 08:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 22 2012, 05:34 AM) *
Alex !!!! I can't learn the shapes very well. I always have to think about the notes. sad.gif This would need time.

Ok! Let me know when you are ready! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 1 2012, 06:00 PM
I am ready Alex. Bring it on. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:21 PM