> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Krakou's Thread, for Gab's Army
krakou
Apr 4 2013, 02:36 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 3 2013, 03:55 PM) *
Good question! I use both depending on the part of the fretboard and also depending on the frets that I'm going to play in the following string. There is not one rule for this, as you can notice, different shredders can use one or the other way successfully. From my point of view, using fingers 1, 2 & 3 should be more efficient since you have and extra finger and this fingers are usually more agile. However I have trained my fingers through the years and I can play in both ways effectively. So, the short answer would be, it's up to you and to what you find more comfortable.

Then I think I will stick to fingers 1-2-3 for a couple of weeks.
I can clearly play faster, with a more defined tone with that configuration.
Drawback is the higher tension in the index.

These days I'm listening a lot to Neil Schon. It's incred but 10 days ago, that guy was just one amongts the guitarists that I haven't been listening at.
Today, with that piece, he's one of the most important ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpRV-GK1zb8

The part that begings at 2'45 is one of the most beautifull ever heard by me.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 4 2013, 02:55 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, that's a nice song. I like the phrasing of the player and feeling in general. At some point I can hear some Joe Satriani's influences in him but it also sounds very personal. That part that you marked, when the most driven guitar starts is very emotive. I didn't know him... what can you tell me about this player?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
krakou
Apr 4 2013, 03:10 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 4 2013, 03:55 PM) *
Hi mate, that's a nice song. I like the phrasing of the player and feeling in general. At some point I can hear some Joe Satriani's influences in him but it also sounds very personal. That part that you marked, when the most driven guitar starts is very emotive. I didn't know him... what can you tell me about this player?

If you have 20', you won't regret the time spent watching this video, it's a long interview with that guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euYZBsYZ-Yk

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 4 2013, 03:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (krakou @ Apr 4 2013, 11:10 AM) *
If you have 20', you won't regret the time spent watching this video, it's a long interview with that guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euYZBsYZ-Yk

Thanks for sharing! I bookmarked the video to see it later. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Oct 1 2013, 09:12 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey,

Finally I've found the way to my thread :-)

Not perfect of course, slower than the original at this moment (problem with transitions), but it will be ok in a few weeks.
I'm playing that stuff for weeks now !
It is a perfect exercice for playing arpeggios with the pick, something I've had never done, and it sounds really cool.

Bye

JL

ps: your power lesson is killer !

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Ratt_Draft1.mp3 ( 1.35MB ) Number of downloads: 147

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 1 2013, 04:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (krakou @ Oct 1 2013, 05:12 AM) *
Hey,

Finally I've found the way to my thread :-)

Not perfect of course, slower than the original at this moment (problem with transitions), but it will be ok in a few weeks.
I'm playing that stuff for weeks now !
It is a perfect exercice for playing arpeggios with the pick, something I've had never done, and it sounds really cool.

Bye

JL

ps: your power lesson is killer !

Fantastic mate! Welcome back here! I think that you have to continue practising the lesson at that tempo until you can play it tight and then increase the tempo. Be patient and work hard. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Oct 5 2013, 07:36 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi there,

Do you remeber that I was trying to play a Murris track a couple of month ago ?
Here is where I am with it these days.
There a still some problems here and there (timing around 30, intro), but I'm almost ready for a REC proposal..

About the Ratt track, I've been working on it today, but not enough improvement.

If you have another nice tune to propose me, you're welcome !

Regards

JL

Attached File(s)
Attached File  MurrisRockBeg_051013.mp3 ( 975.1K ) Number of downloads: 138

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 5 2013, 09:20 PM
Instructor
Good job on that lesson by Muris! I think that you are ready for REC!! smile.gif

What is making Ratt lesson difficult to master?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Oct 6 2013, 08:42 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 5 2013, 10:20 PM) *
What is making Ratt lesson difficult to master?

Mainly the transition between the power chords and the palm muted arpeggio at 32 sec.

In fact every transition between power chords, where you put energy, and palm muted parts, where you need to be very relaxed are quite complicated.
Control is everything :-)
This makes me think that this less, although tagged level 3 is far more complicated to master than a "simple" solo.

Have a nice day !

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 6 2013, 09:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (krakou @ Oct 6 2013, 04:42 AM) *
Mainly the transition between the power chords and the palm muted arpeggio at 32 sec.

In fact every transition between power chords, where you put energy, and palm muted parts, where you need to be very relaxed are quite complicated.
Control is everything :-)
This makes me think that this less, although tagged level 3 is far more complicated to master than a "simple" solo.

Have a nice day !

yes, this is something that usually happens. Sometimes happens that guitarists dedicate more time to practice soloing and forget the importance and difficulty of rhythm. Even knowing that we use to play much more time, rhythm guitar that solos when we play in a band.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Oct 15 2013, 02:44 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi there,

Here is what I think about some of my REC comments wink.gif

Yep I'm a little bit stressed, but hey,I've to record and film myself, it is not common even if it not the first time :-)
It is true that I'm not attacking too much the strings, but I was more focusing on playing everything correctly.
As Darius have noticed, there is one lick which I f¨$%ù up a little, but that's the game, it's clear I don't want to overdub on this exercice.
And Yeah, I have listened a lot to the original version, but comparing myself to Murris is a difficult exercice.
I find his bends and his vibratos and his overall playing so precise and powerfull..
But in the end, I'm very pleased you find this not too bad.

Take Care

JL

ps: I think I will learn the Peter Green blues lesson posted today, and still work on your RATT one

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 15 2013, 02:48 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! I can't agree more with your comments about your REC. That's exactly what we meant with our comments. So keep on playing it and enjoying it, you will take it to the next level soon.

The new lesson posted is fantastic, you definitely should give it a try! I'll wait for new videos. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Oct 20 2013, 03:18 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 15 2013, 03:48 PM) *
The new lesson posted is fantastic, you definitely should give it a try! I'll wait for new videos. smile.gif

Hello Gab,

Hope you're ok !

I've given that try to the Peter Green lesson, and gosh, this is not easy to play at all :-)
I knew it, because not a lot of notes are used, almost all the time at the same place of the neck, but despite this, it tells a story.
It is also quite difficult regarding timing, which is quite "floating" but in the end, it is what you want to ear..
So here is the first try. The first half is what is played by Stephane, the second is a little bit improvised, because I'm quite lost.
I'm pretty sure that for those blues guys, speaking or playing guitar is quite the same, maybe it is even more natural for them to play guitar..

ps: I like you're punk rock lessons, funny to see you jump between helloween and black flag..
Do you know Fugazi ? I saw them, hmm, more than 15 years ago, one of my best live souvenir..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGJFWirQ3ks

JL

Attached File(s)
Attached File  GreeneV1.mp3 ( 1.44MB ) Number of downloads: 132

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 21 2013, 12:24 AM
Instructor
Hi mate, yeahh, that how my musical tastes moves all the time. I'm very open minded regarding music style. I think that it's because I listen to a lot of music every day and I could get bored just listening always the same. I've never listened too much to fugazzi but I will do it! Thanks for the link.

Regarding the lesson, I think that you are on the right track. As you said there are some licks that need some practice, there are timing issues in some sections but you are getting close. Another important thing to have in mind is concentrate on dynamics, check Stephane's playing and see how he manages dynamics on each lick. This adds a lot to the take.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 12 2013, 02:48 PM
Instructor
Hi krakou! How are you? I'm back from vacation and I was wondering about your news. How was your week? smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Nov 24 2013, 06:03 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 12 2013, 03:48 PM) *
Hi krakou! How are you? I'm back from vacation and I was wondering about your news. How was your week? smile.gif

Hi Gab,

Gosh, it seems i've missed this message, really sorry about that.
I'm ok, still working on a couple of lessons, I've added an old post of you, a Satriani style one.
I can play it, but still too noisy at normal speed.
I'm also learning some open G and slide lessons from Mate Nagy, I really like his playing, very "Doug Aldrich".
I've also had a look to your routines, I find that very interesting, it is something I'm looking for a long time.
But most of the exercices are quite complicated, with big streches or complicated figures, but I guess I can try that at my speed.
I propose you that I review all what you have posted in your 3 routines, to explain you what I can play, at which speed, what I can't, and why I can't.

Bye bye

JL

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 25 2013, 06:11 AM
Instructor
Hi mate! Nice to have news from you! It's ok to check my Vchat routines since there are many interesting exercises there but we can create a custom routine here for you. I think that it can b more effective, and then you can use my Vchat routines as a complement to it. What do you think?

If you agree, please post here all the topics that you would like to cover during your diary routine.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Nov 25 2013, 03:06 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 25 2013, 07:11 AM) *
Hi mate! Nice to have news from you! It's ok to check my Vchat routines since there are many interesting exercises there but we can create a custom routine here for you. I think that it can b more effective, and then you can use my Vchat routines as a complement to it. What do you think?

If you agree, please post here all the topics that you would like to cover during your diary routine.

Hi there,

It would be great to create such a routine !
The main objective is simply to acquire more technical abilities, in order to be able to play at a higher level than what I ca do now.
But what I'd like too, is to build a routine more or less linked to some harmonic context.
I find that cool to play alternate picking or sweep picking lines, but in the end, it is sometimes difficult to incorporate that to my game.
Yesterday evening I've had a look to your first routine, so let's pick every exercices.
I really liked the Ben Higgins warm up, it sounds quite prog-rock, but for me, it is already more than warm up because of streches and string skipping. That kind of exercice is great for me, because I'm quite fast regarding picking hand, but not very accurate regarding fretting had.
So I would place this after a more chromatic warm up.
I can play the alternate picking lines, not at full speed, but I can :-)
I have problem to run some parts of the sweep and legato lines, if it is too acrobatic.
And I really dig the Johnatan Burgos licks in the end, it is more familiar for me.
Of course I have to be honest with me (and you), I can play around one hour per day, and put all techniques is not possible (and I also want to take care of injuries).

Voilà voilà :-)

JL

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 25 2013, 05:14 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Thanks for the info, now I can start designing your own routine. Based on the fact that you have one hour per day to practice I think that we will have to apply a new idea that I started testing the last week. It consists on working on all the techniques every day but giving some priority to one each day. The routine finally would look like this:

MONDAY:

- Alternate Picking (30 minutes)

- Sweep Picking (10 minutes)

- Legato (10 minutes)

- Theory (10 minutes)

TUESDAY:

- Alternate Picking (10 minutes)

- Sweep Picking (30 minutes)

- Legato (10 minutes)

- Theory (10 minutes)

WEDNESDAY:

- Legato (30 minutes)

- Theory (10 minutes)

THURSDAY:

- Legato (10 minutes)

- Theory (30 minutes)

FRIDAY:

- Alternate Picking (15 minutes)

- Sweep Picking (15 minutes)

- Legato (15 minutes)

- Theory (15 minutes)

I let you decide what you prefer doing during Sunday and Saturday.

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
krakou
Nov 25 2013, 07:13 PM
Learning Roadie
Ok for me, let's try this !

I can begin with the first monday today.
Alternate I will do some of your routines (there is also a Darius lesson which is quite cool).
Legato, I think about major scale descending.
Some sweep stuff I already know.
Theory, hmmmm ??

Let's practice smile.gif

This post has been edited by krakou: Nov 25 2013, 07:36 PM

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:28 AM