> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Annemie's Practice Room, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 13 2014, 04:35 PM
Instructor
What's the part that is giving your problems or that you find different?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Annemie
Jul 16 2014, 04:13 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,

about the rhythm lesson: I have got it now smile.gif

The reason I was confused was because in the GuitarPro file it was notated as a 3/4 time signature with three groups of 4 sixteen notes per bar, but when I listened to the backingTrack it schould be 4/4 time signature so I thought maby he meant 4 groups of 4 sixteeen notes per bar (I was concentrated on sixteen notes because of the lesson name) but when I played that it didn´t sound right. So I listened again and than I noticed he plays triplets I didn´t noticed that before rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 16 2014, 10:04 PM
Instructor
Exactly! He is playing triplets and that's why he accentuated the first of each group of 3 notes. He plays triplets and accentuates them in a way to remark the triplets groove. Please let me know if you can play it now and if it's possible share here a recording or video of you playing it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Annemie
Jul 22 2014, 11:04 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 16 2014, 11:04 PM) *
Exactly! He is playing triplets and that's why he accentuated the first of each group of 3 notes. He plays triplets and accentuates them in a way to remark the triplets groove. Please let me know if you can play it now and if it's possible share here a recording or video of you playing it.

Hi Gab,

I`m practicing the lesson with the slowest Backing available. I stil have to practice a lot until I can speed it up smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6cNYRo6Y-U...eature=youtu.be

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 22 2014, 02:28 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, great to see you working hard!

I can notice that triplets are giving you some extra work. The lesson has many timing issues, and the problem are mostly the triplets but I notice that the chords section isn't tight by the way. The drums are playing triplets with the kick so the overall track has a triplets feeling. You have to focus on going tight with the kick drum and also with the bass that are going unison with your playing. If you compare your guitar with the bass you will notice that there are rhythm differences.

As this is not a natural rhythm for you, I recommend you to practice at a slower tempo and using your foot and voice to count while you play. You could say 1, 2 , 3 , 1 , 2 , 3 , 1 , 2 , 3, and mark each "1" with your foot. Then add your guitar and try to connect your right hand movement with your voice count. Try it with your eyes closed, with the backing or a metronome and let me know how it feels!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Annemie
Aug 1 2014, 08:13 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 22 2014, 03:28 PM) *
Hi mate, great to see you working hard!

I can notice that triplets are giving you some extra work. The lesson has many timing issues, and the problem are mostly the triplets but I notice that the chords section isn't tight by the way. The drums are playing triplets with the kick so the overall track has a triplets feeling. You have to focus on going tight with the kick drum and also with the bass that are going unison with your playing. If you compare your guitar with the bass you will notice that there are rhythm differences.

As this is not a natural rhythm for you, I recommend you to practice at a slower tempo and using your foot and voice to count while you play. You could say 1, 2 , 3 , 1 , 2 , 3 , 1 , 2 , 3, and mark each "1" with your foot. Then add your guitar and try to connect your right hand movement with your voice count. Try it with your eyes closed, with the backing or a metronome and let me know how it feels!

Hi Gab,

I recorded the lesson at a slower tempo. What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVVlSTD7v78

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 1 2014, 11:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Annemie @ Aug 1 2014, 04:13 PM) *
Hi Gab,

I recorded the lesson at a slower tempo. What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVVlSTD7v78

Hi Annemie! I would like to say congrats on your new take! Your triplet's timing has improved a lot on this new video compared to the previous one. I can also notice that now triplets are playing with the correct dynamics (first note stronger than 2nd and 3rd). Both things, timing and dynamics have room to improvement but this video is the proof that you are going on the right track.

Remember the suggestions about inner counting that I gave you and keep on practicing at this tempo trying to make it sound even tighter and share with me a new take in a few days.

Keep on the great job! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Annemie
Aug 15 2014, 02:44 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 2 2014, 12:10 AM) *
Hi Annemie! I would like to say congrats on your new take! Your triplet's timing has improved a lot on this new video compared to the previous one. I can also notice that now triplets are playing with the correct dynamics (first note stronger than 2nd and 3rd). Both things, timing and dynamics have room to improvement but this video is the proof that you are going on the right track.

Remember the suggestions about inner counting that I gave you and keep on practicing at this tempo trying to make it sound even tighter and share with me a new take in a few days.

Keep on the great job! smile.gif

Hi Gab, here is my new take https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDNZ_x9MeW0

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 15 2014, 06:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Annemie @ Aug 15 2014, 10:44 AM) *

Hi mate! Good take. I can notice that you continue improving this take. The improvements are going slow but they are going so you are going on the right track. You should try to make the wrist movement smoother, the movement is a bit rigid yet. Also, you should try to make the up and down movement smaller and experiment with the way the pick reaches the strings since it seems that the pick is not crossing the string easily, the string is locking too much the pick when you play it and the sound that you get is different compared with the original lesson. This can be the reason why some notes sound a bit after the beat.

How are the other lessons going?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Annemie
Aug 16 2014, 04:53 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 1I play 5 2014, 07:35 PM) *
Hi mate! Good take. I can notice that you continue improving this take. The improvements are going slow but they are going so you are going on the right track. You should try to make the wrist movement smoother, the movement is a bit rigid yet. Also, you should try to make the up and down movement smaller and experiment with the way the pick reaches the strings since it seems that the pick is not crossing the string easily, the string is locking too much the pick when you play it and the sound that you get is different compared with the original lesson. This can be the reason why some notes sound a bit after the beat.

How are the other lessons going?

Thanks for the feedback Gab! I experimented with the pick crossing string thing and I noticed that my hand tense up to much (especially while recording laugh.gif ) when I play more relaxed then the pick cross the strings easier, so I have to practice that my hand stays relaxed while playing and I noticed that it is indeed easier when I make the movement smaller. wink.gif

About the other lessons: from The move your little finger lesson I´m learning the 2 last videos, the other one´s are going good at a slow tempo, it took me a while to learn it because my fingers got mixed up easily smile.gif , but now it´s going better. I´ll post a video in the course of the next days to share my progress.

For the Rhythm part I still play the joe Kataldo lesson everyday and I think the rhytm is giong better now and my hand don´t cramp up that much anymore.

I´m also still working on the voice of your guitar lesson This is my latest take https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7QwlOIRDkU
I still have to work on this a bit. wink.gif I´m also working on this lesson with Cosmin and I started working on my vibrato technique. I did a rec Take for ben´s vibrato lesson 1 https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...p=0&#entry0

And I´m learning now the lead part from the Paramore Style lesson. I think I need another week or so and then I can post an update on that one smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 17 2014, 03:55 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, awesome update! You are working very hard. I feel proud! smile.gif

Using a smaller right hand movement is always a good decision to gain a more precise and effective picking. You have to give a second to always re-check if you can move your hands less to play an exercise, lick or riff. I say "your hands" because this can be also applied to your left hand.
"The voice of your guitar" is sounding very good! I just notice some very little issues regarding bending and vibrato. Some bends aren't totally precise (the pitch) and your vibrato sometimes is a bit irregular and other times a bit weak. Focus on this two techniques while you practice. Also, when you go to the higher frets, the notes don't sound perfectly tuned, and this can be a guitar issue. Calibration problem? Old strings?

I checked your REC take, and it's also going very good, I gave you some feedback there, check it out and let me know if you have some questions.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Annemie
Aug 25 2014, 07:46 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab, here´s a little update on the move your little finger lesson. It´s not the whole piece yet and still have a lot of work to do especially on the higher frets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFbSLu0VFb8

I also put new strings on my guitar so the tuning is more stable now, I hope smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 26 2014, 06:00 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, thanks for this update. I can notice that you are doing a very good job with this one. There are some little details to have in mind while you continue practicing the lesson:

- The notes are cut to early and this make it sound less smooth. This happens because you quit your left hand fingers to early avoiding letting the note sustain until the next note sounds.

- The previous issue makes the tune sound also a bit weak regarding timing. It's not sounding totally tight with the backing, it''s a bit irregular and moving. Focus on timing, feel it. Tap with your foot or use your head to internalize the groove.

- Be careful with your hands synchronization, sometimes I notice that your hands are not totally in sync and it makes the notes sound a bit sloppy.

That's all, I think that you are on the right track, just keep on practicing with this comments in mind. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Annemie
Sep 8 2014, 04:29 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,

I have a Big Update for you today smile.gif. I wanted to do this update earlier but unfortunately I was sick and I couldn`t practice for almost a week, but now it`s all fine and I´m back on track. I recorded a few videos during the weekend:

The first one is the "I got rhytm" lesson. I think the timing is better now and it feels more comfortable to play it, my hand doesn`t cramp up that much anymore near the end of the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw8k8rRg7BQ

The second one is again the triplets lesson. I tried to make the hand movement smaller, it`s easier now to play but there`s still room for improvement I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R86gkyCFdWI

Next one is the voice lesson. Still not perfect laugh.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpOZyXc693U

Last but not least I recorded the Paramore Style lesson. It´s not played very good yet, there are a few mistakes and at some points I messed it up but I have a question about the sound. I recorded it with the BOSS ME 80 with these Settings:

Rhythm: Preamp: Stack, Gain 60/100, Bass 46/100, Mids 53/100, Highs 50/100
Lead: I added a equalizer: Bass 45/100, Mids 53/100, Highs 46/100

How can I improve the sound? I´m a noob on these sound Setting Thing laugh.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ7X6E4nkrs

Cheers Annemie

This post has been edited by Annemie: Sep 8 2014, 04:36 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 9 2014, 02:34 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! This is a killer update!! smile.gif

Let's go with some feedback!

I got the rhythm: This lesson is much better now! Your timing is getting tighter and your right hand seems to be more comfortable with the different rhythms that you have to combine on this one. However there is still room to play this one tighter. Some notes are played a very bit before and some others after the beat. This makes the take sound less consistent than the original. It's just the last details to fix to master this lesson.

Palm muting triplets: My comments regarding this lesson are similar to "I go the rhythm" lesson. You are getting closer but your rhythm is still a bit irregular. Also remember to master dynamics. Triplet's first notes are usually accentuated and this is not happening on your take, the intensities are also irregular. Work on it!

Voice lesson: The first thing that I note when I play the lesson is that your guitar is too low in the mix. The second is that your timing is really good on this take! The problem appears with the bends because you don't reach the correct pitches in most of them. Please add this lesson to the diary practice:

Paramore lesson: This lesson has more important timing issues than the previous ones. You are playing most of the riffs and parts a bit after the beat. You definitely need to continue practicing trying to go tighter with the drums. About the tone, I think that your tone is lacking some prescence and a bit of drive. I would try adding some more highs and drive until you can hear that it sounds closer to the original lesson. Feel free to post new samples to check.

Ok friend, these videos show that you are back to practice and that you are working really hard. This is a very good thing that will have a big impact in your playing. Keep on practicing and sharing updated here!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Sep 9 2014, 02:34 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Annemie
Sep 10 2014, 04:00 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 9 2014, 03:34 PM) *
Hey mate! This is a killer update!! smile.gif

Let's go with some feedback!

I got the rhythm: This lesson is much better now! Your timing is getting tighter and your right hand seems to be more comfortable with the different rhythms that you have to combine on this one. However there is still room to play this one tighter. Some notes are played a very bit before and some others after the beat. This makes the take sound less consistent than the original. It's just the last details to fix to master this lesson.

Palm muting triplets: My comments regarding this lesson are similar to "I go the rhythm" lesson. You are getting closer but your rhythm is still a bit irregular. Also remember to master dynamics. Triplet's first notes are usually accentuated and this is not happening on your take, the intensities are also irregular. Work on it!

Voice lesson: The first thing that I note when I play the lesson is that your guitar is too low in the mix. The second is that your timing is really good on this take! The problem appears with the bends because you don't reach the correct pitches in most of them. Please add this lesson to the diary practice:

Paramore lesson: This lesson has more important timing issues than the previous ones. You are playing most of the riffs and parts a bit after the beat. You definitely need to continue practicing trying to go tighter with the drums. About the tone, I think that your tone is lacking some prescence and a bit of drive. I would try adding some more highs and drive until you can hear that it sounds closer to the original lesson. Feel free to post new samples to check.

Ok friend, these videos show that you are back to practice and that you are working really hard. This is a very good thing that will have a big impact in your playing. Keep on practicing and sharing updated here!

Thanks for the feedback Gab! Do you think it make sense to add some new lessons to my practice routine while improving the other ones? I was thinking about these ones

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...-solo-beginner/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/A-Day-To-Remember-Style/

Or is it better to wait untill I can play the other lessons better?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 10 2014, 10:47 PM
Instructor
If you have enough time each day to practice the old ones and start learning the new ones, go for it! The idea is to keep motivation so if this makes you feel more excited with your practice, incorporate the new ones. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Annemie
Mar 9 2015, 08:04 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab! how are things going?

I have a new update after a long long time smile.gif. I had a long guitar break from several months because of renovating our house and family stuff but since last month i´m practicing regurlaly again.
I started a new lesson "a day to remember style" I recorded it at 80 percent speed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpE3ZcX6GtI

I´m still practicing The paramore style lesson I will make a video later this week.
and I´m still practicing the voice of your guitar. I will post it in the rec zone soon smile.gif

Cheers Annemie

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 10 2015, 04:03 PM
Instructor
Hi Annemie! Great to hear from you again here! smile.gif

I'm glad to know that now you are ready to get back to guitar practice. This lesson is a good choice since it's great to training your rhythm abilities. I think that it's evolving ok, and that the things that are giving problems are normal at this moment. You are having timing issues here and there, and mostly when you have to play 16th notes. If you isolate this faster sections you will make your practice time more efficient so I recommend you to try it during this week. Besides this timing thing, there is something related to dynamics that yo should work. This is an aggressive tune, and it requires more pick strength in some moments. Pay attention to how I manage dynamics on the original lesson and try to apply it to your take.

What about the other lessons based on soloing techniques?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Annemie
Mar 15 2015, 02:39 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey Gab, I have some new updates. I recorded the paramore-style lesson, not at original speed yet, it is too fast for me smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIl9G--UidI...eature=youtu.be

I also recorded the voice lesson and I dare to post it in the rec-zone again wink.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...p=0&#entry0

I incorporated a new lesson in my practice routine, I wanted to learn this lesson a while ago but I didn´t find the time to do that. As soon as I have something recordable I give you an update cool.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...-solo-beginner/

Thanks in advane for feedback

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:41 PM