4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Lessons Suggestions,improvements Etc!, Share your thoughts with me.
ballistic31
May 4 2008, 01:00 AM
GMC:er
Well thought i would jump in on this......He is realy cool i have tried getting some of that down..I am pretty skilled at the ani diffranco style of acoustic playing and she finger picks in pretty similar way. I have mastered alot of her songs I noticed one thing is that you have to get used to alternate tuneings to get all the harmonics right...

What a great lesson it would be though

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
[size=3][b]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FrankW
May 12 2008, 11:31 PM
Muris, when I click on the Super Advanced Lessons icon at the home page, I have to laugh because I see you are all over it. There's a reason for that, because you're super advanced! There are all levels of players, and many lessons for each level and style at GMC. If I were a beginner, your stuff would be too challenging. There are other teachers who can address those issues, but I'm personally glad that GMC has an instructor on your level to address my issues! Truth be told, If you and Marcus weren't available, I'd be on the forum all the time instead of practicing. That's not to say I couldn't learn from the other teachers, because I can and I do. It's just that your style fits me best. There's alot of advanced players out there, and we need teachers too! Give us some more rock/jazz fusion when you get a chance. Keep up the good work, my friend!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by FrankW: May 13 2008, 12:04 AM

+Quote Post
Henry Dietzel
May 19 2008, 09:21 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Hammerin Hank)
Muris-

My input, keep doing exactly what you're doing....all around excellence!

This post has been edited by Hammerin Hank: May 20 2008, 02:09 PM

--------------------
I have learned a lot, but I still have a lot to learn

Check out my video lessons

+Quote Post
Ttask
May 25 2008, 05:07 PM
My turn! Hope this helps:

Are they too hard/too easy?
I find most of your lessons really hard, but this is really a good thing for me. It is a great motivation.

Well explained/bad explained?
Sometimes the explanations are a little bit short, but that's not really a problem since you always answer in the lesson feedbacks when someone has a specific question.

What do you think about topics I've been covering so far?
Many interresting topics covered. I especially enjoyed the Paul Gilbert and Van Halen lessons.

Would you like some specific topic to be covered more?
I bought a few months ago a whammy pedal, but except the main riff of Joe Satriani's Searching song, I cannot play anything. If you got one of these, I'd love to see a lesson with a couple of cool licks using this type of pedal!
Maybe a lesson in the style of Steve Morse also, that would be great.

Do you like features on my lessons?
Nothing to complain about really. I have to admit that I don't use a lot the backing tracks, but the guitar pro tabs are very useful.

What would YOU add or remove?
A lesson on the use of whammy pedals! Otherwise, nothing, I really enjoy all your videos the way they are. Even the one that are way too hard for me are still entertaining, I really enjoy your tone. Lessons like "Rocking Tune - Advanced" are really awesome. If it were a little longer, I'd definitely put it on my ipod!

This post has been edited by Ttask: May 25 2008, 05:40 PM

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
May 26 2008, 12:30 AM
Instructor
Thanks for input guys,all noted!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Matt23
May 31 2008, 04:57 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Could you do a lesson in the style (or exactly like) the boogie section in Junk Medley. That would be really cool. cool.gif

+Quote Post
chast
May 31 2008, 04:59 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Matt23 @ May 31 2008, 05:57 PM) *
Could you do a lesson in the style (or exactly like) the boogie section in Junk Medley. That would be really cool. cool.gif

Oh yeah I totally argree.
Or like John Petrucci does in Damage Control smile.gif

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Gus
Jun 18 2008, 01:54 PM
Hi, Muris. Maybe someone asked before, but:

Can you do a Mojo Oro full song lesson? rolleyes.gif

I just listened to that (thanks for the new profiles) and it is awesome! Keep up with the good work.

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jun 22 2008, 11:51 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gus @ Jun 18 2008, 02:54 PM) *
Hi, Muris. Maybe someone asked before, but:

Can you do a Mojo Oro full song lesson? rolleyes.gif

I just listened to that (thanks for the new profiles) and it is awesome! Keep up with the good work.

Sure I can,first thing to do after these busy summer months smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Sep 13 2008, 06:30 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Muris,
I have only been a member here for a few weeks maybe but I thought I would give you my input as well.

-DEFINITELY ON THE HARD SIDE, BUT MOST OF US STARTED PLAYING GUITAR BECAUSE WE HEARD SOME AWESOME GUITARIST LIKE VAI OR SATCH AND WANTED TO LEARN TO PLAY LIKE THAT. YOUR LESSONS GIVE US SOMETHING TO STRIVE FOR. I ALSO LIKE HOW YOU HAVE DONE A BEGINNER, INTERMEDIATE AND ADVANCED LESSON ON SOME OF YOUR SERIAL LESSONS.

-I THINK THEY ARE WELL EXPLAINED. ONE THING I MIGHT SUGGEST IS TO MAYBE OFFER SOME ALTERNATIVES TO PLAYING CERTAIN LICKS. FOR INSTANCE, ON YOUR B FLAT MINOR PHRASING ADVANCED LESSON YOU HAVE A PENTATONIC SHAPE THAT YOU USE HYBRID PICKING FOR. THIS SHAPE ALSO LENDS ITSELF VERY WELL TO ECONOMY PICKING. YOU MIGHT SUGGEST THAT AS AN ALTERNATIVE. ANOTHER EXAMPLE IS ON YOUR CANON ROCK LESSON YOU USE TWO FINGERS TO TAP THE CHROMATIC PASSAGE IN THE BEGINNING. I USE 1 ON MY RIGHT HAND AND ALL FOUR ON MY LEFT. SEEMS LIKE COMMON SENSE BUT SOME PLAYERS, ESPECIALLY BEGINNERS MIGHT NOT THINK ABOUT THOSE KIND OF THINGS.

-TOPICS COVERED HAVE BEEN GREAT. YOU ARE A MASTER AT SO MANY DIFFERENT STYLES!!

-I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A HYBRID PICKING LESSON.

-ONE THING I REALLY LIKE ABOUT YOUR LESSONS IS THAT THEY COVER A WIDE VARIETY OF TECHNIQUES. I FEEL LIKE I CAN TAKE AN HOUR AND FOCUS ON ONE OF YOUR SOLO LESSONS AND I WORK ON ALOT OF DIFFERENT TECHNIQUES. THEN WHEN I GET THESE LICKS MASTERED I HAVE AN ACTUAL SONG I CAN PLAY RATHER THAN JUST A BUNCH OF EXCERCISES. THIS FOR ME HAS BEEN GREAT MOTIVATION.

-DOWNLOADABLE BACKING TRACKS. NEVER HEARD THAT I'M SURE, LOL!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Some new ideas maybe?

-ONE THING THAT MIGHT BE COOL IS TO HAVE A TOPIC ON YOUR PERSONAL BOARD WHERE PEOPLE CAN POST VIDEOS OF THEMSELVES PLAYING YOUR VARIOUS LESSONS. MAYBE EVEN JUST CERTAIN PASSAGES FROM YOUR LESSONS. THAT WAY YOU COULD WATCH THEM AND MAYBE GIVE SOME POINTERS, ESPECIALLY ON THOSE MORE DIFFICULT PASSAGES. I HAVE MADE IT A GOAL TO PRACTICE THE LESSONS I HAVE CHOSEN UNTIL I CAN PLAY THEM UP TO TEMPO AND POST THEM FOR YOU TO SEE AND CRITIQUE. THAT WAY I WILL FEEL LIKE I HAVE ACCOMPLISHED THE LESSON AND CAN MOVE ON. IT WOULD BE GOOD FOR OTHERS STUDENTS TO SEE HOW THERE FELLOW STUDENTS ARE PROGRESSING ON SOME OF THE SAME LESSONS THAT THEY ARE WORKING ON.

Keep up the good work Muris. You and all the other instructors have gotten me excited about playing guitar again. This is the only site I know of that you can interact with world class players on a personal level. Thanks.

Monte

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 13 2008, 06:39 PM
Instructor
Thanks for this awesome input Monte. smile.gif

As for Alternatives for certain licks you're totally right,
there are always alternatives for EVERY licks,
it's just that I showed them in that specific way,
like chromatic run in Canon in D lesson,
the idea was to use 2 tapping fingers,not just one.
Same thing with hybrid part in Bb Minor lesson,
But note about alternative sounds fine to me,noted!

Hybrid Picking will be done asap,I promise.

Downloadable Backings are matter of GMC policy,not my own decision. wink.gif

And there are many different topics in my personal board that cointains
many takes on my lessons from various GMC members.
That is still not enough imho and that's why I always ask again and again
for more recordings,to share thoughts with members. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Sep 13 2008, 06:55 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Sep 13 2008, 06:39 PM) *
Thanks for this awesome input Monte. smile.gif

As for Alternatives for certain licks you're totally right,
there are always alternatives for EVERY licks,
it's just that I showed them in that specific way,
like chromatic run in Canon in D lesson,
the idea was to use 2 tapping fingers,not just one.
Same thing with hybrid part in Bb Minor lesson,
But note about alternative sounds fine to me,noted!

Hybrid Picking will be done asap,I promise.

Downloadable Backings are matter of GMC policy,not my own decision. wink.gif

And there are many different topics in my personal board that cointains
many takes on my lessons from various GMC members.
That is still not enough imho and that's why I always ask again and again
for more recordings,to share thoughts with members. smile.gif

I do understand that the idea of your lesson is to play things in a specific way. Like the hybrid picking instead of economy or two tapping fingers instead of one. I only bring this up because I know when I first started I always thought that if you didn't play licks exactly a specific way that you were doing it "wrong". I think it also encourages players to try and figure out what works best for them. BUT, it is also beneficial to play things in the lessons the way you show them played because you are wanting them to practice specific things in that lesson. tongue.gif tongue.gif

Keep up the great work Muris!! I am hoping to be able to post your B flat minor advanced and a take of your canon rock by the end of the month. I am struggling with the hybrid picking in the B flat minor and the alternate picking in the canon rock. Both of these are great little pieces. Will keep working!!!

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 14 2008, 02:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 11 2008, 08:38 PM) *
Since most of my colleagues have asked similar question now it's my turn. smile.gif

I would like to know your opinion on my lessons: I think your lessons are great!
Are they too hard/too easy?They are in between intermediate and advanced level although there have been some beginner lessons too.
Well explained/bad explained? Very well explained
What do you think about topics I've been covering so far? I like your style of playing and I was very happy to see you do a funky lesson that sounded great!
Would you like some specific topic to be covered more? Perhaps some more funk!
Do you like features on my lessons? On screen explanations are great very helpful.
What would YOU add or remove? Perhaps a spoken video about lesson but that's mostly cause I would like to hear you talk biggrin.gif
Some new ideas maybe?
More in style lessons (Van Halen, Satriani , Vai etc)

Looking forward to hear your wise words in purpose
of improving quality of GMC,just like always!! smile.gif

Keep rocking Muris! cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedro
Oct 19 2008, 05:06 PM
Before i start .. if there are to many plaudits skip them and look for the (***) in which i highly try to be critical or in which im suggesting s.t.

So now that you know that i like your lessons and your style and versatility in real every style.. thats what i realy love on your lessons. Everytime when i listen to a lesson it realy doesnt matter if its for beginner or for advanced.. only the listening keeps me on getting better i think that im subconsciously learning music and music theory only by listening.. thats increddible.

Thats not the point i think they are well portioned if someone has problems with the difficult ones he can easly improve by playing the easy ones and using the metronom for speed and acurracy enveloping.

I think they are good explained .. im practicing musik theory at this moment, because i think thats realy important if i wanna get realy good.

They are very versatile.. and in my opinion allways straight in high quality of composition even more because they are lessons.

*** Would you like some specific topic to be covered more?
I would like to hear something like "tender surrender" or "die to live" from steve vai. Since he plays ibanez and his style is also very versatile it would be a very good lesson on technique versatility. It would be slower but the focus would be more on the accents of the composition. I would realy love to hear something like that from you. I think you would like it as well.

I like everything especialy the fact that you provide many backingtracks on different speeds.

*** What would YOU add or remove?
Maybe one backing track more on the 7 - 10 dificutly lessons with 10 bpm slower.

*** Some new ideas maybe?
I would be very interested on a theory lesson.
Maybe some harmonie lessons like the ones from Lennie Tristano.

PS: Sorry for my bad english im hardly trying to be understandable.

greetz
Pedro

This post has been edited by Pedro: Oct 19 2008, 05:32 PM

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 26 2008, 08:32 PM
Instructor
All noted Pedro,thanks for your indeep thoughts. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
valentino
Oct 31 2008, 08:19 AM
I like your lessons very much. You sound so clean and the techniques you use are very fine.

I have a lesson request. I told you in your Techniques forum my problems with vibrato, so how about a video lesson of it? I'm sure it would be very instructive. Take in mind the beginner people to have a base to improve something.

Thanks mate!!!

This post has been edited by valentino: Oct 31 2008, 08:21 AM

--------------------
If somebody finds a slice of finger call me please, surely is mine

+Quote Post
Gus
Nov 9 2008, 02:17 PM
Hi, Muris.

I really would like to see a Mojo Oro full song lesson in GMC wink.gif

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
ErikEklund
Nov 10 2008, 10:19 AM
QUOTE (Gus @ Nov 9 2008, 02:17 PM) *
Hi, Muris.

Yeah, that would be awsome smile.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 10 2008, 12:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (valentino @ Oct 31 2008, 08:19 AM) *
I like your lessons very much. You sound so clean and the techniques you use are very fine.

I have a lesson request. I told you in your Techniques forum my problems with vibrato, so how about a video lesson of it? I'm sure it would be very instructive. Take in mind the beginner people to have a base to improve something.

Thanks mate!!!

Will do vibrato lesson then,thanks for input! smile.gif

QUOTE (Gus @ Nov 9 2008, 02:17 PM) *
Hi, Muris.

Noted,coming up asap. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
StratBoogie
Jan 6 2009, 09:11 PM
QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 11 2008, 08:38 PM) *
Since most of my colleagues have asked similar question now it's my turn. smile.gif

I would like to know your opinion on my lessons:
Some new ideas maybe?

Looking forward to hear your wise words in purpose
of improving quality of GMC,just like always!! smile.gif

Well this is my story;
I have been playing blues for 25 years and been in bands...many bands... cover bands and originals...for as long as I remember and took a break from all for a while...different reasons.
I now , since Dec 2007 have gone to playing guitar again and have come across GMC which I find the Absolute Ultimate.
Now I never been musically trained but played by ear and Tabs and have a strong desire to be better at what I do enjoy so much and GMC do deliver what I am looking for as a guitar player and you are my favorite for tone ,creativity, note choices and shear versatility...
Anyhow like most player I thought I was pretty good until I really looked at the material offered in general on the site and soon realized that I needed some work.
I have practice the Major scale up and down the neck and all the modes in 3rds and 5th and 6th every day for the whole year and am now working on arpeggios and legato ( Ouch...!) My playing has improve considerably but I find the majority of lessons to be very hard. My fingers are tough to break..It takes an average of 3 to 6 weeks to complete a lesson practicing 2 sessions a day...?
Is it me or is it too hard...?
In my opinion the backing tracks should have more slow tempo options and the song should all have the chords showing on the screen; it helps to relate the note with the harmony for later usage.
But the most of all is how do YOU get that good.. is the real question and how do you suggest WE practice.
In other word what is a good routine practice and how often should we do it ( everyday...every other day...)and how to manage practice hours with working hours.
All the topics you do present have great taste and want to be played. they are inviting.But some are just plain impossible to play...I am more of a 4-5 level and am craving for more of it so i can relate.So far my practice also include your lesson on Legato,Alternate picking 3rds,Bb minor beginner and a couple of others related to arpeggios from other instructors. A total of 2hours /day and another 2 hours and weekend a little more to jam and create songs.
Keep providing these excellent lessons. You Rock! smile.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:26 PM