2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Your Skills After 1, 2 And 3 Years Playin Guitar:), tell mw what you were able to play
OrganisedConfusi...
Sep 17 2008, 12:29 PM
GMC:er
1st year I could play nothing
2nd year I could play nothing
3rd year I could play nothing
4th year I could play nothing
5th year I could play nothing
Current year - I can play nothing

I gave up anyway recently. I just stick around here because I enjoy it here. I don't practice any lessons ever. I haven't played guitar in 2 months.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Canis
Sep 17 2008, 12:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Sep 17 2008, 01:29 PM) *

I gave up anyway recently. I just stick around here because I enjoy it here. I don't practice any lessons ever. I haven't played guitar in 2 months.

Well, good to have you here anyway ^^

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Sep 17 2008, 12:49 PM
QUOTE (Canis @ Sep 17 2008, 12:33 PM) *
Well, good to have you here anyway ^^

Thank you smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
fire
Sep 17 2008, 07:33 PM
@organised confusion

is there anything we could do to encourage you to take up the guitar again?
let me know!!!

cheers

--------------------
If you think you understood what I said, you neglect that the things you hear, are different from the thing I thought of. - Got it?

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Sep 17 2008, 08:03 PM
QUOTE (fire @ Sep 17 2008, 07:33 PM) *
@organised confusion

is there anything we could do to encourage you to take up the guitar again?
let me know!!!

cheers

Not really. It is my own journey I guess. I am trying to get back into it all the time. Just need some motivation and I'm hoping it will come back sometime.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 17 2008, 09:40 PM
Instructor
After a year - Anything from GNR, Santana and some Metallica.
After two years - Satriani songs (was obsessed with Satch for years after that

--------------------

+Quote Post
sigma7
Sep 17 2008, 09:55 PM
now at a year by myself i could play mad lead, i even gave arpeggios from and try and was able to play the main lick and six months with gmc, i can play fast chords...like panama, and all ac/dc stuff. My sweeping has developed and can play thunderhorse with 100% accuracy and am currently learning the Symphony of Destruction solo, pretty easy. this is a year and a half folks and 8 months if you count serious playing wheee

my progression of songs solos and all

1)T.N.T AC/DC
2)Eruption-Eddie Van Halen
3)Can't Stop-Red Hot Chilli Peppers
4)Greensleeves
5)Aint Talking Bout Love-Van Halen
6)Arpeggios from Hell-Yngwie Malmsteen
7) Crazy Train-Ozzy
8)Bat Country-Avenged Sevenfold
9)Beast and the Harlot-Avenged Sevenfold
10)Thunderhorse-Dethklok
11)Poison-Alice Cooper
12)Panama-VH
13)Wanted Dead or Alive-Bon Jovi
14)Symphony of Destruction-Megadeth

This post has been edited by sigma7: Sep 17 2008, 10:03 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
sigma7
a year folks, im a loser

This post has been edited by sigma7: Sep 17 2008, 09:56 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
sigma7
spend to much time on guitar

This post has been edited by sigma7: Sep 17 2008, 09:55 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
fire
Sep 19 2008, 04:26 PM
nothing bad about it biggrin.gif

--------------------
If you think you understood what I said, you neglect that the things you hear, are different from the thing I thought of. - Got it?

+Quote Post
GuitarsANDtattoo...
Sep 24 2008, 02:40 AM
I think joining GMC sort of reset what I thought I knew about the guitar, so in a way I'm a beginner all over again as far as many techniques go. Practicing had to be redefined, what to practice was a bunch of digging in itself, figuring out what would benefit my style more...I'm still sifting through my mind about what to do next.

I'm currently working on, Finger Speed, Tapping, Rock n' Roll Licks, and cover stuff. Check my practice agenda for a look at my first attempt at organizing what I want to learn. Please critique it if you have a min too! Thanks!

--------------------
Practice, you must!

+Quote Post
besip
Sep 24 2008, 08:42 PM
I'm here around 1 years
before i'm come here i'm wasn't play nothing
right now i'm play almost clear on fuul speed Pavel Heavy metal 3
i'm also working hard on A-minor penta lesson{David lesson}

i'm also able play on 70% the pavel Heavy metal 1
and now after 3 days of learning i'm almost made easy and good sounding Liam Slayer Lesson cool.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
superize
Sep 24 2008, 08:46 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I have been playing for about 1.5 years and 1 year i have been on GMC and on that year alone i have gone from knowing nothing to be able to play some of my favorite songs........ I am still learning lead but my rythm is very good and definently my strong side.......

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
David Berntsen
Sep 24 2008, 09:01 PM
I've been playing for about a year, I discovered this site 4 mounths ago. But i don't got any electric guitar so my solo techniques aren't very good. I can play

Blues licks 1 Gabriel Leopardi

Southern Rock Style David Williman

Open Rock chords solo Gabriel Leopardi

And i'm curently working on Modern Blues soloing Muris

and Zakk wylde style Gabriel Leopardi. but i've only praticed these lessons on an acoustic guitar, so i hope i'll improve when i get an electric guitar.

--------------------
Gear:
Guitars: Acoustic Takamin EG128SC, Old no-name Western, Electric: Fender Mex. Stratocaster With Fender texas Special middel and neck. And Seymour Duncan Hot rail bridge.
Amp: Vox AD30VT
Effects: Boss DS-1, Boss SD-1, Boss BD-2

+Quote Post
Punx85
Apr 18 2010, 01:51 AM
well ive only been playing a year and about 3 months but the hardest thing i can play currently is the sympohny of destruction solo right now and the disposable heroes solo by metallica. self taught but all ive done is solos ive probably spend about 5 mins a day playing rythym...

hey Organised what interested me in guitar is when i could play a solo along with my ipod... i dunno if u you like metal but metallica has all sorts of difficulties of solos... id suggest learning the first solo in master of puppets or the intro one to fade to black just play it to the song over and over and eventually itll match up... you'll only get out what you put in i believe even it means reading a tab over and over and over and over. doesnt have to be metal though just cause metallica has such a variety of difficulties just start simple

This post has been edited by Punx85: Apr 18 2010, 01:52 AM

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 18 2010, 03:06 AM
I see that all had some great improves, every one of you in their own area. That's great folks!! I really like to see you improving!!. All this says that all the work that the GMC crew and all the guys involved in the site are doing the things right wink.gif

+Quote Post
intemperateContr...
Apr 18 2010, 04:21 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Sep 17 2008, 06:29 AM) *

Hey, I see that others here have been talking about how well they progressed and that's
good for them, but since you say you have not progressed it must be a bummer for you.
I can tell you that when I began I thought I could learn to play anything, and I can
(so can you) but it takes some real time and the ability to assess self judgment along
with hard work. Yea, we all do at times act like everything we play was just so easy to
learn - we play it like it was nothing, and we're all so great. Pride. Let me tell you
something, the easier it looks the longer it took to perfect that technique - that's
why it looks easy, because I've done it like a million times. The reason all the great
musicians here are so well esteemed is not because just any idiot can learn it all in
a short time, but because it's a very difficult instrument to master. Yea, once you
get a few years in you can learn how to fake it a little, too. keep going, because
maybe you're on the right track. For instance, it takes many years to become a real
martial artist, but in the army they can train you to kill the average opponent in
a few weeks time. Pit one against the other after only a few weeks training and
the army guy may win, but a really well trained martial artist will kick all their
asses (define ass: donkey). Okay then. My only advise is, learn some easy rhythm
guitar like "smoke on the water" or "iron man" and practice scales (this will
train your fingers to go any which way and give you coordination). Learn all
the techniques, hone your skills, and don't forget to master the theories.
Do this, and you will suck for ten years (give or take), but then you will
be among the best for the rest of your life, if you do it right and work
hard enough. Take it from a guy who has made all the mistakes imaginable.
If you love making music don't give up. Go for it! cool.gif

+Quote Post
maharzan
Apr 18 2010, 05:25 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
oh this is an old thread.. but guess its still relevent? What about after 16 years? biggrin.gif I can share that. smile.gif

In the 1st month, I knew all the basic chords, Major and Minor. I think in the first year or so, I was most comfortable with Em Pentatonic scale and relative chords. I remember In the 3rd year, I so wanted to learn Nothing Else Matters and Hotel California and thought, if I could do these, I can do any other songs. smile.gif Once I finished that, then there were many others. smile.gif I composed an instrumental song after being inspired by Joe Satriani when I first listened to him in the 3rd / 4th year. I always wished to learn Always with you Always with me. I think I was able to nail most parts of it only after 15 years. biggrin.gif still not perfect.

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:38 AM