Wah Wah Pedal Creaking Noise
Fran
Dec 22 2007, 02:43 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Hi,

I just got a Dunlop cry baby, and after playing a few hours it now makes a creaking noise when I use it, that comes from the mechanism, like when you open a door and it creaks!

The noise doesn't come through the amp, it's just from the mechanism inside the pedal that seems to creak all the time now when I lift it up and down...

Is that normal?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Fran
Dec 23 2007, 03:16 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (MickeM @ Dec 22 2007, 09:34 PM) *
Would it be too late to take it back, what I said? laugh.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Bogdan @ Dec 22 2007, 09:54 PM) *
Well I think its ok , Wah has simple mechanism and there is need for lubrication...My squeaks all the time but I don't worry much about it because it works (sounds) normal..I can hear it squeaking only when I play at home..But I would be very interested if someone knows what to use to lubricate it (there is some kind of white oil in it which is like gel or something)..

Yup, the problem is that I play at home... and I'm going nuts!
Mine has that white gel too, but I guess it doesn't help much!

QUOTE (MickeM @ Dec 23 2007, 12:28 AM) *
If you're lubricating mechanical parts there's these spray cans which includes oil. Don't know what they are called where you're from but here we have 5-56 and WD-40 which are popular.

If your cleaning pots and electrical parts you need another special cleaning spray, absolutely no oil included.

I tried a product which I believe to be similar to those you mention... to no avail.

As I said I guess I'll take a trip on monday to the music shop and see what they tell me.

I might as well exchange it for a VOX wah, maybe those don't make so much noise? unsure.gif

I'll let you guys know what happens in the end wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:49 AM