11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >  
Promoting Your Playing And Your Music And You!, Tips and Tricks on Getting the word out about you!
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 18 2014, 09:25 AM
Instructor
Hey Todd smile.gif Thanks for the tip man!

I was thinking that I could add this sort of metric to my presskit as an artist, each time I am approaching a potential partner/ company and so on. But keeping it as a dynamic info, updating that certain page each time I send a kit.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 21 2014, 08:00 AM
GMC:er
Bingo!! smile.gif Adding any hard data/metrics to a press kit is a good idea. Being able to quantify the eyes/ears is very important. Investors in many cases are less interested in perceived talent and more interested in the numbers. Being able to show a quantifiable audience is a very good thing smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 18 2014, 03:25 AM) *
Hey Todd smile.gif Thanks for the tip man!

I was thinking that I could add this sort of metric to my presskit as an artist, each time I am approaching a potential partner/ company and so on. But keeping it as a dynamic info, updating that certain page each time I send a kit.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 21 2014, 10:23 AM
Instructor
We are meeting Monster - the energy drink and Jack Daniel's next week, in order to discuss a collaboration/sponsorship contract. I am working on building a sponsoring request which will most likely contain the stats regarding Days of Confusion's exposure. I will keep you updated and I will most certainly try to use this - especially if it provides a shiny looking report that those 'number' oriented people like to look at wink.gif Thanks again Todd!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 22 2014, 01:13 AM
Congrats! I hope the meeting go well smile.gif Many corporate folks are aware of the importance of social media and they respond well to hard data/metrics. So the more hard number you can show, unique visitors per month, streams per month, impressions per month, fans, likes, shares, the better smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 21 2014, 04:23 AM) *
We are meeting Monster - the energy drink and Jack Daniel's next week, in order to discuss a collaboration/sponsorship contract. I am working on building a sponsoring request which will most likely contain the stats regarding Days of Confusion's exposure. I will keep you updated and I will most certainly try to use this - especially if it provides a shiny looking report that those 'number' oriented people like to look at wink.gif Thanks again Todd!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 22 2014, 12:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 22 2014, 12:13 AM) *
Congrats! I hope the meeting go well smile.gif Many corporate folks are aware of the importance of social media and they respond well to hard data/metrics. So the more hard number you can show, unique visitors per month, streams per month, impressions per month, fans, likes, shares, the better smile.gif

Todd

Thanks Todd smile.gif I'll keep ya guys updated and I will also post the presentation example here, so that everybody can use it as a tool for their meetings with sponsors and the like. Let's get through with the meeting first smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 7 2014, 10:44 PM
"BEST PRACTICES" in SOCIAL MEDIA
E.G. How to use facebook/twitter/etc. to reach new fans!

This is a really spiff article on using social media to your advantage to promote just about anything. In our case, probably going to be best applied to promoting your new song/e.p/album/video/lesson/etc. smile.gif

http://bitly.com/bestpractices_socialmedia

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 29 2014, 09:46 AM
Quick tip!!! Make sure to link your SOCIAL MEDIA on your youtube page!! You can link your Facebook Fan Page, Soundcloud page, instagram feed, and twitter account right on the front of your youtube channel page smile.gif The little icons will show up and look spiff smile.gif

Just go to your youtube account and click on 'EDIT LINKS' on the right side of your banner. If you don't have a banner, MAKE ONE!!! smile.gif

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 30 2014, 09:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 29 2014, 08:46 AM) *
Quick tip!!! Make sure to link your SOCIAL MEDIA on your youtube page!! You can link your Facebook Fan Page, Soundcloud page, instagram feed, and twitter account right on the front of your youtube channel page smile.gif The little icons will show up and look spiff smile.gif

Just go to your youtube account and click on 'EDIT LINKS' on the right side of your banner. If you don't have a banner, MAKE ONE!!! smile.gif

Attached Image

Heh, yours looks so nice! Mine is not up to par, but I admit not taking care of my Youtube channel that much in the last few months. It's time to get into it! Thanks for the reminder man!

How many of you guys have Youtube channels and how often are you taking care of them/promoting and posting vids?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 30 2014, 11:38 PM
Good question! If you guys don't have a youtube channel, go make one smile.gif If you do have one, connect your other social media to it. It's very easy smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 30 2014, 04:46 AM) *
Heh, yours looks so nice! Mine is not up to par, but I admit not taking care of my Youtube channel that much in the last few months. It's time to get into it! Thanks for the reminder man!

How many of you guys have Youtube channels and how often are you taking care of them/promoting and posting vids?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 31 2014, 11:44 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 30 2014, 10:38 PM) *
Good question! If you guys don't have a youtube channel, go make one smile.gif If you do have one, connect your other social media to it. It's very easy smile.gif

My Youtube channel has helped me A LOT during the last 4 years - it's important to keep a frequent presence and post vids at least once a month, if you want to create some awareness.

How often do you guys post vids?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 26 2014, 05:52 AM
WHERE THE KIDS (EARS) ARE!!!

Getting your music heard is a big part of process smile.gif
So, where are those crazy kids listening to music? Let's focus in on the key "demographic" of high school students. This demo is the largest consumer of music so they are a good indicator of many things. Of course, they are just one demo of many, so per usual, your mileage may vary.

Let's take a look at where they are listening to music online. This is critical as most music discovery and enjoyment is now taking place online and not through traditional outlets of yesteryear (e.g radio/mtv/etc.). To with, a handy chart.

Bottom Line: Get your music on Pandora!!! smile.gif It wont make any money of course, but it will get you in front of a key demo smile.gif

*just don't use any sweeps/arpeggios and avoid instrumentals. smile.gif
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 27 2014, 08:21 AM
Instructor
Thanks for the statistics Todd! You know, there's a funny story - I was talking to Ian Kenny from Karnivool last Friday and I asked him: Ian, if you could change one thing about music industry nowadays, what would that one thing be?

You know what he said?

'Mate, I'd destroy the internet...'

On one hand, I understand him one the other, I don't - I found out about their music 8 years ago online biggrin.gif But I sure do understand his problem with piracy - even if they are absolutely stellar musicians, they struggle for a living.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 27 2014, 05:43 PM
Destroy the internet!! Got a huge giggle on that one smile.gif I can see how it can have a big negative impact on sales so I get it to some degree of course. But like you, I find most of my music online, not to mention GMC is online smile.gif Without the web, I would not be able to be part of this great community of players so I vote we keep it plugged in smile.gif

I understand his frustration though. I read another study confirming that digital pennies will never make up for analogue dollars. Bands that could earn a living prior to the web are being cut out of the middle. Which should emphasize what we have talked about in this very thread, the need to organize multiple revenue streams, since unit sales are not gonna do it for most bands.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 27 2014, 03:21 AM) *
Thanks for the statistics Todd! You know, there's a funny story - I was talking to Ian Kenny from Karnivool last Friday and I asked him: Ian, if you could change one thing about music industry nowadays, what would that one thing be?

You know what he said?

'Mate, I'd destroy the internet...'

On one hand, I understand him one the other, I don't - I found out about their music 8 years ago online biggrin.gif But I sure do understand his problem with piracy - even if they are absolutely stellar musicians, they struggle for a living.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 28 2014, 08:01 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 27 2014, 04:43 PM) *
Destroy the internet!! Got a huge giggle on that one smile.gif I can see how it can have a big negative impact on sales so I get it to some degree of course. But like you, I find most of my music online, not to mention GMC is online smile.gif Without the web, I would not be able to be part of this great community of players so I vote we keep it plugged in smile.gif

I understand his frustration though. I read another study confirming that digital pennies will never make up for analogue dollars. Bands that could earn a living prior to the web are being cut out of the middle. Which should emphasize what we have talked about in this very thread, the need to organize multiple revenue streams, since unit sales are not gonna do it for most bands.

Frankly, most people who don't get to their level and beyond and most people who don't have a clue about what it really means to be in a band and especially, a band who's making a living out of their music, would probably think him crazy. But believe me, I understand him too. Although I was ready to tell him - Ian, if it weren't for the internet, you wouldn't be standing here in a little mountain town in ROMANIA! The dude doesn't realize the context. This was the FUNNIEST thing EVER for us. The organizer didn't bring them in Bucharest, but in Brasov, which is a medieval historical city, packed with heritage from our ancestors and in which indeed, there is a lot of cultural activity.

I was stunned to find out that there were only 260 people at the gig - the club is small so it looked uber packed. But hey, it's Karnivool man, it should ve been at least 1000... God this world is so weird... My system of values throws the 404 in too often lately..

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 28 2014, 07:11 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 28 2014, 03:01 AM) *
My system of values throws the 404 in too often lately..

Good one!!! I get more than my share of "404" issues in life as well it seems smile.gif It's very cool that you got to chat with the guys from the band. They sound like cool folks! I do hope they embrace the web for all it's potential smile.gif It can really be a big benefit to Artists when used well. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 30 2014, 09:43 AM
Instructor
They are very cool folks and amazing musicians. Their sonic knowledge and level of exploration has gotten them very far and I really do think that they have just begun to grow, really.

They still live off touring, so life is not that easy, when you have to sit in the nightliner all the time and earn your cash little by little, so showing a bit of compassion for them is the right thing to do - even if it sounds weird at first smile.gif That's why I tried not to be intrusive, regardless of how friendly they were.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 4 2014, 11:00 PM
DOWNLOADED MUSIC FALLS TO ALL TIME LOW

In case you needed any proof that that STREAMING IS THE FUTURE of the Music Business as a "Business", ........

Attached Image

Those unable to adapt in any system, are the first ones to lose out. So ADAPT! smile.gif Get your music on as many streaming services as humanly possible. Don't do it for the money. THERE"S NONE TO BE HAD! smile.gif Do it for the same reason you keep a youtube channel. It's one more step in getting people to know who you are and what your music is all about!!

At this point, you main stumbling block is ANONYMITY!! E.G. Nobody knows or cares who you are or what your music is about. So that's the thing to fix first! smile.gif Once you crack the shell and get some recognition, then the real effort begins! GO!

Todd

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 5 2014, 01:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 4 2014, 10:00 PM) *
DOWNLOADED MUSIC FALLS TO ALL TIME LOW

In case you needed any proof that that STREAMING IS THE FUTURE of the Music Business as a "Business", ........

Attached Image

Those unable to adapt in any system, are the first ones to lose out. So ADAPT! smile.gif Get your music on as many streaming services as humanly possible. Don't do it for the money. THERE"S NONE TO BE HAD! smile.gif Do it for the same reason you keep a youtube channel. It's one more step in getting people to know who you are and what your music is all about!!

At this point, you main stumbling block is ANONYMITY!! E.G. Nobody knows or cares who you are or what your music is about. So that's the thing to fix first! smile.gif Once you crack the shell and get some recognition, then the real effort begins! GO!

Todd

Aye, right you are Todd - my band is featured on Deezer and Spotify as well and a lot of folks know us from there smile.gif

I think these two are the most important, right? What would be a top of the first 5 streaming sites?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 6 2014, 12:48 AM
BINGO!!! SPOTIFY is HUGE in europe and growing like a weed here!

Also, theres

1.)YOUTUBE (most folks discover new music on youtube believe it or not so making lyric videos or picture vids or music vids of EVERY SONG YOU HAVE is a great idea!)

2.)PANDORA (one of the biggest streaming sites)

3.)BEATS (Dr. Dre's new outing is growing fast and has tie ins with cell phone vendors)

4.)LAST FM (another great resource to share your music on!)

5.)ITUNES (they are making the switch from file based to streaming!)

That's enough to get folks going smile.gif Each one of these is different in terms of getting your music on. You'll have to approach each, and do your research. It's a constantly changing landscape so change with it! smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 5 2014, 08:12 AM) *
Aye, right you are Todd - my band is featured on Deezer and Spotify as well and a lot of folks know us from there smile.gif

I think these two are the most important, right? What would be a top of the first 5 streaming sites?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 6 2014, 07:38 AM
Instructor
Great to know about Spotify! We are also on iTunes, Amazon and Deezer with both the 'Seeds' EP and the 'Bloodstream' single.

We are currently discussing if signing with Universal is really a good thing for the band - they don't seem to be offering anything but the distribution and the physical production of the CDs. We can do that for about 1300 bucks - 500 pieces. I wouldn't tie the band up for 5 years with a contract for that kind of money if you ask me... Sponsorship or crowdfunding sounds more likely as an option to me smile.gif

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:51 AM