Marshall Mg Series 15 Cd
lliber
Feb 22 2008, 02:16 PM
GMC:er
anyone out there who can help I am not getting a decent clear sound from the amp anyone any idea on settings? i have good leads and new strings guitar is hohner headless G3T

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 22 2008, 02:18 PM
Marshall don't have the best clean sound I'm afraid. Is that the one with the dual gain? Just turn down the Gain basically and up the volume and try and take the bass down a little. For my clean sound I use bass on 0 mid on 10 and treble on 6 and that works for me.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 22 2008, 06:02 PM
Instructor
Marshall amps don't have a clean sound. They actually sound very thin when played on clean, so you have to have a dirty sound in order to sound good and sound like a Marshall. Besides, your amp is too small Wattage to have enough headroom for clean sound.

You can make a sound cleaner by lowering down the drive pot all the way and amplyfiing the volume pot to MAX. Then move the drive pot a little and you;ll get some headroom that way, but thin sound in the sound range off course. Lots of body, poor low end, poor harmonics. But try and experiment.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
besip
Feb 23 2008, 06:48 PM
man i'm got a same amp..like everybody says is probbaly no way to get ok clean soun
even the overdrive over there is not ok

but when i'm play over distorsion pedal then the sound is ok wink.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 23 2008, 11:10 PM
Instructor
Yeah, I forgot - the pedal can fix things a little smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Feb 24 2008, 08:55 AM
I got a 10 watt MG, and it sounds fine for practicing, but I'd never record or gig with it.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
SensE
Feb 24 2008, 09:01 AM
I've a MG15 watts combo amp. It sounds ok for bedroom practising. If you gonna use it for band practising..my advise is, get a CRATE 65 watts or more

+Quote Post
lliber
Feb 25 2008, 02:14 PM
thanks to you all for your replies it is really appreciated

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 12:31 PM