Vai Sharing More Wisdom.
Todd Simpson
Jun 26 2021, 11:57 PM
GMC:er
The importance of listening. It's something I don't see talked about very much. Playing is listening. It's tempting to focus on the playing much more than the listening. It's an endless feedback loop in ones head. Hearing what is being played as it's being played. Also, he talks about finding out about pulling up on his trem. The importance of a floating trem is key to his sound. it's tricky to play with a trem set this way. Once ounce of pressure too much and your bridge will go sharp. It requires a great deal of control. I set my trems this way and it takes extra time to string, tune, balance, and not go sharp smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 27 2021, 03:59 PM
Instructor
Thanks for sharing Todd! Vai’s talks are always inspiring. I’ve also enjoyed his jam at the beginning of the video.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 08:22 AM