Pickups For A Strat?, what would you recommend?
Daniel Realpe
Dec 1 2011, 03:18 PM
Instructor
Hi!

I'm looking to replace the pick-ups in an old strat copy just to improve it a bit,

What would you recommend for new good strat style pick-ups? thanks so much!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Dec 1 2011, 03:43 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hola Dani,

I installed the Texas Special pickups on my Strat and I'm really happy with their performance, you can get a really nice thick blues sound out of them, the only thing that I don't like is that they are to noisy, so I was thinking maybe in replacing the bridge pickup for a single coiled Humbucker. I still don't know aboput that.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Dec 1 2011, 05:48 PM
GMC:er
Really depends on how much you want to spend Daniel!!
Tone Riders are good for a budget type replacement, for a more top of the range set you could look at Lindy Fralins.
Fender Texas Specials (as Coffeeman says) are a fair all rounder as are any of the Seymour Duncan sets. (Antiquity Texas Hot or the Vintage Staggered SSL- 1) Or even a combination of different types/manufacturers!
What kind of sound are you after?
smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 1 2011, 08:24 PM
Instructor
I wonder what the YJM Yngwie pickups are like. They're supposed to be stacked single coils I think smile.gif

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Dec 1 2011, 09:46 PM
Instructor
I said it on the PM and i think everyone should check these pickups smile.gif
http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/main/p...up=mothers_milk

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Dec 1 2011, 11:28 PM
Instructor
My good friend has a EMG David Gilmour DG20 set on his Fender Avri '57 ! Sounds awesome !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 2 2011, 12:37 AM
Instructor
Depends what kind of music you prefer. For classic Strat vibe, I've heard several guitars with vintage 57 pups work very very nicely and soft. For little aggressive blues, Texas Special is the way to go, for some aggressive playing/shredding in general, it would be nice to check out Dimarzio Injecktor, choice of Paul GIlbert, which are hum-canceling, and hotter.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Dec 2 2011, 12:38 AM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Dec 2 2011, 01:17 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Check out D.Allen Pickups. They're great pickups and they won't break the bank. I just got a pair and am going to install them in the neck and middle.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 3 2011, 07:28 PM
Moderation Policy Director
I just shelled out for a set of Fender 57/62s in a pre-wired pick guard. I am trying for a completely classic Fender vibe, I'll post some clips as soon as I get it all working ....

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Dec 3 2011, 09:54 PM
Instructor
I installed pickups made by Suhr on my strat was such a big improvement I was very impressed they are not cheap but totally worth it in my opinion

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Dec 5 2011, 12:39 PM
Learning Roadie
So many choices

The singles in my Tyler are Dimarzio Area 61's I think and I like them

If you want a Hendrix type 60's thing then Rockfire 60's are heaped with praise.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:31 PM