> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8  
Mr. Spock's Applied Theory Galactic Compendium
Cosmin Lupu
May 16 2014, 02:52 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif Well, usually when I record guitars I leave them as raw as possible and add everything else afterwards, so this approach should be beneficial for you too, I guess. There's one thing I don't like - the tone seems a bit fuzzy in the bottom end - it lacks definition - if you will listen, it is very clear on the verse part.

Otherwise, as before, slow practice will also get you through the solo as well smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spock
May 16 2014, 03:15 PM
GMC:er
Indeed man - that's that PRS SE, it's muddier coming through. Hoping the 10 strings will help, but I'm sure I'm going to have to replace the stock pickups.

I especially noticed it when trying to ring out the open cords in the chorus, and then 3 particular chords during the verse - but, I wasn't going for an award - I'm actually very pleased with how it turned out considering how much time I spent on it before work.

If I wanted to, I could noodle around and emulate their tone, but I really don't feel like messing with it - that's not my goal.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Spock: May 16 2014, 03:17 PM

+Quote Post
Spock
May 16 2014, 11:46 PM
Of course it could be my input settings too - I am self taught on all these recording interfaces and don't know the full gamut of what to do correctly.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 17 2014, 02:54 PM
Instructor
Heh, well, I totally feel you man smile.gif I am also a bit illiterate in respect to parameters and stuff like that tongue.gif But i use my ears usually!

I think that isolating the solo and working to get that one up to speed with great expression would be a good target for this piece right now smile.gif Also, the new thick strings will probably make a lot more justice to the situation as well wink.gif

+Quote Post
Spock
May 17 2014, 08:25 PM

That is my goal man - Lord knows I've played this solo a trillion times by now, I'm starting to wonder if I can not move my right arm any faster. But I noticed my greatest leap forward was after taking a few days off from it.

I anticipate you will be hearing MANY more muddy recordings from me. My recording setup is for practice and idea catching, not for production. I'll work on an original idea for production (to the best of my limited ability) - but not for picking out someone else's stuff or practicing and posting a recording of that. For that - it's plug and play.

I will say though, that when I played it in my car, it sounded pretty dang good.

I've torn down my entire practice area, my desk was being held together with duck tape (it's been moved so many times), so I don't have my recording area hooked up as of yesterday, but the new desk should be delivered within a week or so, and I'm anxious and excited about my new layout scheme for my practice area.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 18 2014, 11:29 AM
Instructor
As long as you yourself notice progress, I can't be anything else but happy wink.gif

Just take yer time and things will come to you, if you are perseverent and focused, trust me!

I will be here to guide with what I can in order to help you walk your path, but the walking - only you can move your feet wink.gif If you get the drift! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Spock
May 22 2014, 08:04 PM
We can all appreciate this...

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 24 2014, 07:52 AM
Instructor
I sure did! Thanks for posting this man! It's a very interesting approach on playing Pantera - although I play Cowboys from hell on a PRS C24 usually and my band mate plays in on a Les Paul biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Spock
May 24 2014, 10:33 AM
Very cool.

I was talking more about his advice on playing fast is to play slow. Honestly I had never heard of that Pantera song, I've never gotten into them. I dig Dimebag's playing but the guys voice kills that band for me.

It was also interesting to hear that Connolly didn't start playing until he was 23 years old.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 24 2014, 12:42 PM
Instructor
Wow! Seriously?? It's a cult song biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Spock @ May 24 2014, 09:33 AM) *
Very cool.

I was talking more about his advice on playing fast is to play slow. Honestly I had never heard of that Pantera song, I've never gotten into them. I dig Dimebag's playing but the guys voice kills that band for me.

It was also interesting to hear that Connolly didn't start playing until he was 23 years old.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:46 AM