Yeey, Just got Pro Tools
quadrium
Sep 24 2012, 11:17 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey guys,

Today is the day of my life i guess. After waiting looong loong time (saving money) i finally got my self "Pro Tools HD 10" . I'm thrilled and can't wait to start working on my songs with this awesomeness. So far i am astonished by the specs of this DAW smile.gif Stay tuned for some demo's in the next couple of days!

Cheers,
Dogukan.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by quadrium: Sep 24 2012, 11:22 PM

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Grace
Sep 24 2012, 11:49 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (quadrium @ Sep 24 2012, 10:17 PM) *
Hey guys,

Today is the day of my life i guess. After waiting looong loong time (saving money) i finally got my self "Pro Tools HD 10" . I'm thrilled and can't wait to start working on my songs with this awesomeness. So far i am astonished by the specs of this DAW smile.gif Stay tuned for some demo's in the next couple of days!

Cheers,
Dogukan.

Wooow ohmy.gif you must feel like a little boy in Christmas!! (except you had to pay for your own gift.....but still! biggrin.gif ) Congrats quadrium! Can't wait to hear demos!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
BRUUUUUTAL GRIM DEATH NINJA OF THE FROZEN NORTH!!!!

+Quote Post
quadrium
Sep 25 2012, 12:32 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Grace @ Sep 24 2012, 10:49 PM) *
Wooow ohmy.gif you must feel like a little boy in Christmas!! (except you had to pay for your own gift.....but still! biggrin.gif ) Congrats quadrium! Can't wait to hear demos!!!

Hehe smile.gif Thanks a lot Grace smile.gif

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Sep 25 2012, 07:56 AM
Learning Roadie
What were you using before?

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
quadrium
Sep 25 2012, 02:18 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Sep 25 2012, 06:56 AM) *
What were you using before?

Reaper

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Sep 25 2012, 03:01 PM
Learning Roadie
It'll be interesting to see how you get on, I know there are a few people on gearslutz that have moved the opposite way.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 25 2012, 03:30 PM
Instructor
Congrats D-Man !! Enjoy the power of Pro Tools !

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 25 2012, 04:20 PM
Instructor
Wou!! This is so great! Congrats mate! Enjoy it! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 25 2012, 09:02 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
That is a great platform to work with! smile.gif

Congratulations on getting it! Please keep us updated how production feels on it.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Sep 26 2012, 01:01 AM
Instructor
Don't miss to try his SansAmp plugin, you'll gonna flip out wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 26 2012, 04:33 AM
Congrats smile.gif The more DAW's the better! If you got one of the Maudio MBOX models, you may have one of the last of the series now that Avid sold off Maudio so after this folks may have to buy one of the big rack mount interfaces to use pro tools so having one of these rigs now is a good idea. That way you can work with pro tools projects no matter what they do.

The best part is that it comes with an interface so you can start having really good quality recordings just sticking your guitar cable right in and skip using an amp or anything. I look forward to hearing your new sound!

Todd

QUOTE (quadrium @ Sep 24 2012, 06:17 PM) *
Hey guys,

Cheers,
Dogukan.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 26 2012, 08:30 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Sep 25 2012, 03:01 PM) *
It'll be interesting to see how you get on, I know there are a few people on gearslutz that have moved the opposite way.

I'm not surprised as there's very little that PT, or indeed any of the big commercial mixing daws, can do that Reaper can't. PT, to me, is one of those daws that gains a lot of mystique from the non-native, turnkey PTHD acccel hardware dio based system. Where PT may 'win' are with workflow as Reaper isn't always as intuitive as it could be and if you need to share files with other PT users. Reaper development however tends to be much more responsive to user feedback, which is a big plus as well. At the end of the day either is fine for recording and/or mixing and what really counts is learning how to get the best from what you have: a good engineer will get a good result regardless of the daw. Having said that For mastering I wouldn't recommend either PT or Reaper though.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
ztevie
Sep 26 2012, 12:54 PM
I tried Pro Tools 10 (was included with the Eleven Rack I bought, and sold).
I had many issues with hardware compatibility that I didn't have with the former Cubase SX. So I had to upgrade my PC for a pretty steep amount (12 gB Ram, Win 7 64-bit, new Intel i7 since it refused to install on my AMD system, couple of new HDD). Pro Tools is very sensitive for what hardware you have, and what other programs are runnng...
I installed Pro Tools and it worked ok, but still had issues with Eleven Rack ins and outs sometimes not showing, PT froze every now and then. And I felt the system was not stable, and took forever to start. Also PT 10 does not run in 64 bit, only 32 so it only uses 4 gB of RAM.
Also I'm not happy that I needed to use a USB-dongle, I find I'm quickly runnin out of USB ports.

So for me it was a very bad experience. I swapped the Eleven for an Axe Fx II, and Pro Tools for Presonus Studio One. Presonus is crazy fast, light on resources, does everything Cubase did and more, and never had a crash, I'm very happy...

This sounds like I'm totally bashing Pro Tools, but it wasn't my intention. I'm sure Pro Tools is a great tool if your system is adjusted to it, so I'm happy for you quadrium! If it inspires you to make music it's all good!! wink.gif

--------------------
Gear:
* Vigier Shawn Lane Master, Bridge Bareknuckle Nailbomb, Middle DiMarzio FS-1, Neck Bareknuckle Cold Sweat
* Padalka Custom Space-6, Bareknuckle Juggernaut set
* Ztevie's Blue, Custom Handbuilt by Rek Guitars, Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker set
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic
* Fractal Audio Axe FX II XL+

+Quote Post
quadrium
Sep 27 2012, 07:25 PM
Learning Tone Master
Thanks guys smile.gif I loved it so far. Especially the beat detective & elastic audio! biggrin.gif

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 29 2012, 12:24 AM
QUOTE (quadrium @ Sep 27 2012, 02:25 PM) *
Thanks guys smile.gif I loved it so far. Especially the beat detective & elastic audio! biggrin.gif

It's a great daw platform and very flexible. Some folks are PRO TOOLS GUYS and only use pro tools. Some folks are REAPER GUYS, then there's me and I only date my DAWs I don't Marry them so I'm LOGIC, GARAGE BAND, REAPER guy with a bit of PRO TOOLS from when I first started using daws.

Knowing the PRO TOOLS interfaces is a GREAT arrow to have in your quiver. I'd say try to learn a few DAWs so that you can sit down and work in several environments. This seems daunting at first as sometimes one daw seems like too much. But they are all some what similar in many important ways so learning several isn't as hard as it sounds.

Todd

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:10 PM