> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Skate Punk Rec
Grade
Skate Punk
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [75.00%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

zoom
Sep 3 2011, 02:02 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Guys biggrin.gif

My take on Gab's cool Skate Punk lesson.

This is my best at the moment. Your thoughts on what I'm missing and how to get it nailed much appreciated.
1. I feel the first section is not tight enough. should I slow down and practice this more and gradually build or try playing at higher tempo so it may be easier when I come down? mad.gif
2. 2nd section I'm pretty happy with. tongue.gif
3. Bit sloppy again maybe slow down etc dry.gif
4. Octaves not 100% sure about it. Sounds ok but maybe not nailed. mellow.gif

I'm actually quite happy with tone which I'm surprised with as I've not really been happy with pod farm sounds compared with my blues Junior amp. Your thoughts on getting better tone appreciated also.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Sep 10 2011, 01:26 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 3 2011, 10:03 AM
Instructor
Hey there zoom smile.gif

you answered your own question when you said that you should slow down and practice at a tempo where you can perform really tight and relaxed. The the idea is that this genre has to be played very tight to sound awesome so, slow it down and thus you will be able to eliminate the timing issues and improve on tightness!

keep rocking mate!

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 4 2011, 02:26 PM
Instructor
I think you are very well aware of what needs more work, and you should spend more time working on it. Tone is good, but it needs just a bit more gain I think. Keep practicing, you are getting close

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Sep 4 2011, 11:33 PM
Instructor
Of course, you still missing some practice.With little more effort - this will sound excellent!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 4 2011, 11:41 PM
Instructor
hey! I'm happy to find this lesson here! biggrin.gif
I think that your thoughts are right about this take. Practising those riffs at slow tempos will help you to improve your playing and after some time you'll play this perfectly. There are some little figure differences in some note but nothing serious. you will notice it if you use the guitar pro for practising slowly. I like the tone but I would add more gain as Ivan said. Keep on the good job! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 7 2011, 05:42 PM
Instructor
I think it's pretty good!

You should hit the strings harder! that will take care of a lot of problems.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
skennington
Sep 10 2011, 01:26 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
7.25 on this one, again you are all over it!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:58 AM