My Take At Carlos Carrillo - Melodic Solo In Gm, two takes
Marek Rojewski
Feb 16 2009, 01:34 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Hi there! I learned this one quite a while from now, but as I had no camera than, I decided to record it now. I must say that it songs worse than I thought, was quite sure I can play it in a proper way..tongue.gif

Anyway here are the two takes, don't know which one is better.

And second one:

All the comments and criticism is more than welcome and appreciated!:)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Feb 16 2009, 01:46 PM
Instructor
Sounds pretty good!

The video quality is quite remarkable for a webcam, what are you using?
It was harder to comment the first take as the audio was out of synch, so I'd say the 2nd was better.

One thing you should work on to make this sound even better: your left hand vibrato.
You are using a fast left to right motion which works great in some situations like fast blues stuff. (BB King is quite found of that technique)

But I recommend using a wider vibrato on this kind of slow emotional music. Instead of a left to right motion, try more of a circular movement. Doing it in tempo will sound even better. Don't be scared to exaggerate that movement at first. Listen to Steve Vai's vibrato and watch his left hand, that's a great example of how it should look like.

Check out this song (one of my favorite by Vai...), you can see that motion I'm talking about in the closeups...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Carlos Carrillo
Feb 16 2009, 01:50 PM
Instructor
A brilliant interpretation! The first video is the best (my opinion) An excellent work!
try to practise a little more the bends!!
wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Feb 16 2009, 01:56 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Well David, in fact it isn't a webcam, but Samsung VP-D361 camcorder. The image surely could be better, but I am a novice in using any camera. Will try to work bit more on it next time, so the quality would be even better.

When it comes to vibrato - many thanks! I will try to use it in the way You have shown me. ( the video is mind blowing wacko.gif ).

EDIT: thanks Carlos, I am glad You liked it. Will work bit more on the bends, I always used 9' strings, and two days ago changed to 10' for the first time, I find bending harder on them. But practice shall overcome it:)

This post has been edited by Marek Rojewski: Feb 16 2009, 01:57 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Carlos Carrillo
Feb 16 2009, 02:04 PM
Instructor
But practice shall overcome it:)
[/quote]

Yes! you are great!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 16 2009, 02:40 PM
Instructor
I think it looks and sounds great. First video had audio out of sync, and as David and Carlos already said vibrato is the thing you gotta focus on. You gotta do vibrato from the wrist. Other than that it's great.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Feb 16 2009, 09:39 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Thanks Ivan:) I really need to investigate vibrato technique more, because I always did it the way it is shown on the video.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:01 AM