Mtp December Thread - Zen
Luciana Segovia
Dec 7 2009, 03:37 AM
Singing Instructor
Hello ZEN! Welcome to the vocal MTP of december!!!

Please post here your CV:

tell me if you have ever sung, if you know something about vocal technique and please also post your influences and favorite music.

ps: if you have any video or audio of you singing... please post it too .

Thank you

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Luciana Segovia: Dec 7 2009, 03:40 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
zen
Dec 7 2009, 08:35 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Luciana,

Thanks for the wonderful detailed reply, appreciating my voice and most importantly.. believing in me.. tongue.gif

What a great analysis !!! I'm impressed !! You've pin pointed all the right areas that I need improvement in.

Nope, I've never done any exercise or warming up ever!! i straight away used to dive into singing.
And i don't smoke anymore either, so that'll help. smile.gif

As for my takes, i purposely threw in the plush cover to show you how badly i can sing .. but I do have much worse takes (in fact a LOT of them) that are primarily used to torture my friends.. laugh.gif
And the overkill cover, you are right about the attack on that phrase but i don't know how to control that. Some words just come out stronger than the others. It's also to do with the movement of the head or the mic when hitting strong/loud words (i think , ive seen singers do that). And i also dont know how to control the trembling of the last note. But yes, that song was probably the most comfortable in terms of the notes that i can hit.

I'll NEVER EVER feel bad about your feedback. In fact, i want my instructors to be very straight forward and direct with me. I'm used to taking a lot of criticism. There is nothing you can say that'll make me feel bad. Coz that's how one improves the most. Just stick to the plan, work on that feedback and practice smile.gif

The lesson link you provided goes to a page that says "404 couldn't find the page you're looking for .. but here are other great lessons (i like the optimism even if the link failed) smile.gif " I think it's coz of the /1/3 at the end of the link.. Did you mean only this link?
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/misc-less...inging-lesson1/
or all the 1 2 & 3 as they are all related to warm ups?

I'll record a video by the weekend. Should i be standing for this or sitting will do? (of course standing right? but it will hard for me to move my webcam that high sad.gif will try)
The video of that lesson covers the notes of 1 octave but the backing track goes nuts and covers more octaves smile.gif
In my recording, should I only cover the part you are covering in the video or the entire 2 octaves as per the backing track?
If I have to cover the part you are covering in your video, then I think I am ok with the pitch and octave of the video in terms of humming it. But if I have to cover the entire backing track, then I'll have to start with a much lower pitch in the beginning since it goes much higher towards the second octave..

Also, should i be buying a pro mic for this? Or any good mic for home singing/ recording? If yes, which one? If no, still .. which one? laugh.gif

Looking forward to learning all the right techniques from scratch.

Zen

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by zen: Dec 7 2009, 10:55 PM

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Dec 9 2009, 04:29 AM
Singing Instructor

Hi Zen!

I'm sorry about the link!...
you have to do the lesson number 1 : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/misc-less...inging-lesson1/
and number 2: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/misc-less...inging-lesson2/

You can be sitting while you do the exercises, it ok. And try to sing when you feel confortables the notes. It doesn't matter if the backing track goes all around the piano, you need to sing only the notes you can feel confortable.ok?
and let me see in your videos if we need to buy a mic

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 11:30 PM