Do You Have Any Special "thing" On How To Combat Stage Freight?
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 10 2011, 02:37 PM
Instructor
We all have problems handling stage freight sometimes, some shows can be demanding, we put a lot of effort to it, and it's important for us to produce a quality performance.

We are now talking about those 10 minutes before the shows. Hands are getting cold, anxiety kicks in.. you know. smile.gif Does anybody has any special "thing" or ritual in these situations. I kinda walk around couple of times with my guitar, thinking about something completely non-related to the gig. biggrin.gif

How bout you? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
MonkeyDAthos
Jul 10 2011, 02:58 PM
GMC:er
Well all nervous go away after the first song! biggrin.gif before that just don't think much about it, but when you do, don't drink coffee you might have a heart attack ph34r.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Jul 10 2011, 02:59 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 10 2011, 03:14 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jul 10 2011, 08:58 AM) *
Well all nervous go away after the first song! biggrin.gif before that just don't think much about it, but when you do, don't drink coffee you might have a heart attack ph34r.gif

Yeah, starting and stopping is always the hardest for me, it seems. When some friends come over to hear me play - just out of the blue - I'm thinking, Ok, what do I play? I just go blank for a minute. biggrin.gif Instant pressure and stage fright in my own room! laugh.gif I just wear sunglasses in those cases, it's something to hide behind...er, but I couldn't exactly wear sunglasses at church when I play specials.
happy.gif Song books would fly!... Just kidding!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 01:38 PM