A-minor Solo
Gert1973
Jan 22 2024, 11:26 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Monica,

Kick-off of a new lesson! I have studied and practiced the first half of the lesson at 60 bpm.

It's again a beautiful sounding lesson even at 60bpm.

Here's the take!

Analysis:
19: the slide is not audible
33: the pull off with the pinky is hard to do because there's also an accent on this note.
57: the pitch of these 3 bends and the timing is difficult. I have also read Darius comment on the 'slap' sound. I have tried to apply it. Don't know if it makes a big differences in my performance laugh.gif

I'm happy how it already sounds. I have the feeling this lesson is going smoother than winter ballad to learn.

I have also started to learn the second part. Maybe you want to check out slow video 6 at 1:00. I was watching it to learn the picking direction and was really confused how he made the high E-string ring on the second note on the 17th fret before going in vibrato! Until I figured out after a few minutes the video and sounds were not in sync! laugh.gif

I think there's also a mistake in the TAB of video 6. The second bar as shown on the pic below:
Attached Image

Cheers,
Gert

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Monica Gheorghev...
Jan 22 2024, 01:21 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Jan 22 2024, 10:26 AM) *
Hi Monica,

Kick-off of a new lesson! I have studied and practiced the first half of the lesson at 60 bpm.

It's again a beautiful sounding lesson even at 60bpm.

Here's the take!

Analysis:
19: the slide is not audible
33: the pull off with the pinky is hard to do because there's also an accent on this note.
57: the pitch of these 3 bends and the timing is difficult. I have also read Darius comment on the 'slap' sound. I have tried to apply it. Don't know if it makes a big differences in my performance laugh.gif

I'm happy how it already sounds. I have the feeling this lesson is going smoother than winter ballad to learn.

I have also started to learn the second part. Maybe you want to check out slow video 6 at 1:00. I was watching it to learn the picking direction and was really confused how he made the high E-string ring on the second note on the 17th fret before going in vibrato! Until I figured out after a few minutes the video and sounds were not in sync! laugh.gif

I think there's also a mistake in the TAB of video 6. The second bar as shown on the pic below:
Attached Image

Cheers,
Gert

Hi Gert!

You are right, this is a very beautiful lesson. smile.gif Winter Ballad was your first soloing lesson. This new lesson is much easier for learning (from the rhythm and tab point of view) but it will be a very hard road to make it sound great because it has a bunch of details. biggrin.gif
This time we need to focus on dynamics.

Let's analyze your take:

First of all, I advise you to do some experiments and see which guitar of yours is more suitable for this lesson. Your "beast" will make things sound a little more aggressive than we need. Do some tests and see which guitar makes your tone be much closer to the original lesson.

0:08 - first note. Be careful when you perform the vibrato, to not go out of tune.

0:13 - wrong pitch of the bend

0:17 - be careful of timing and at the value of the D note / G string. Don't play this earlier and shorter.

0:11 - 0:19 - make these two slides more audible.

0:21 - wrong pitch of the bend

0:21 - 0:24 - play these notes more glued. Stretch your fingers when you switch from pinky finger to middle finger (notes G to F / B string). These notes should sound legato. Avoid creating a pause between notes.

0:30 - 0:32 - you made here more a hammer-on instead of a pull-off. Once again, stretch your fingers and after you play the F note (10 fret/ G string) with the pinky finger, made the pull-off, keeping your index finger on D note (7 fret/ G string).

0:38 - the pitch of the bend is not perfect. Also, when you play the rest of the notes, it's true that you need to break the sound of the bend but don't make such big pauses between notes.

0:45 - not perfect pitch of the bend

0:55 - this bend should have a vibrato

0:56 - 1:01 - you started this part playing the first note earlier. Also don't make pauses between notes and stretch your fingers. biggrin.gif Don't forget to add vibrato on the last bend.

1:03 - 1:05 - When you go from D to C you need to make a pull-off not a hammer-on as you did in your take.

I will stop writing more details because there are already too many things that need to be fixed. Once we solve these issues, we will speak about accents and strength of picking because we need to achieve different colors for some particular notes. Here we will also talk about the "slap" sound that you mentioned (0:57). It's not audible in your take, but don't worry, I appreciate the fact that you tried to do it. wink.gif

Overall, you made a nice sketch for this lesson. I like the fact that you succeeded in catching a lot of details. That's a really good thing. smile.gif Also, you are right, there is a mistake in the tab of vid 6. Good catch. biggrin.gif

For next time, just try to fix this part of the lesson.

Have a great day!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th May 2024 - 10:27 AM