Boxish Shapes "quasipeggios", Quick Licks #23 (Strange Shapes and Patterns)
Todd Simpson
Apr 14 2018, 09:48 PM
GMC:er
QUICK LICKS #23 "QUASIPEGGIOS"

INTRO:

This lick is a funky one. It's got a sort of box shape to it. It's roughly based on the A Minor Scale which is one of the scales I'm playing in this solo which is over top of the GABE COLLAB (CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO JOIN THE COLLAB!).
The lick is kinda like an Arpeggio, but kinda like a box pattern. You can pick it any way that feels comfy as the picking isn't really the point. The point is to be able to play this bit over the backing and make it sound musical. You can also go up an octave and play it, which I also do in the vid demo. It's a very handy lick that fits well with nearly anything and it's a great way to work on your string skipping and your hand synch/picking and lastly your precision/Speed.

Here is the tablature. Make sure you use VIBRATO where it's notated and HOLD the notes where it's indicated. If you need a reference, just watch the video again and play it just like that. Try not to use single finger vibrato on this one as it sounds way to small imho. Dig in and give it some real vibrato

As always, start SLOW, don't worry about playing this fast. Just focus on playing it CLEAN Speed is a byproduct of precision. Just like previous quick licks, this lick works as a warmup, practice and solo lick. Don't over stress on getting it just right, or fast enough. This is just about learning the lick. Once you have it you can start it anywhere on the neck to play it in any key.

*NOTE:
Bit of a stretch here so use your PINKY when playing it as writeen in the tablature.

Attached Image

Attached File  23.gp5 ( 1.87K ) Number of downloads: 121

BACKGROUND / COMMENTS
As mentioned, this is from the GABE COLLAB called "PEARL JAM" as it's based on a Pearl Jam type backing that Gabe created. It's great fun to solo over. If you have not joined in, go join! Here is the link again.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...c=58928&hl=

Here is the backing track.
Attached File  Pearl_Jam_Collab.mp3 ( 4.03MB ) Number of downloads: 182

BTW:
Let me know if these are just to hard and scaring folks off. Hopefully not!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 25 2018, 10:22 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Todd Simpson   Boxish Shapes "quasipeggios"   Apr 14 2018, 09:48 PM
- - Caelumamittendum   RE: Boxish Shapes "quasipeggios"   Apr 24 2018, 10:20 PM
- - Todd Simpson   NICE!!! Look at that hand stretch...   Apr 25 2018, 10:21 PM
- - George Hlio   My take Sarge!   May 5 2018, 08:24 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   Two Words. KILLED IT!!! This one requi...   May 6 2018, 02:51 AM
nnn
- - onetabmat   RE: Boxish Shapes "quasipeggios"   Oct 23 2018, 04:48 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   NAILED IT!!!!! This is a great...   Oct 24 2018, 01:48 AM
nnn
- - Phil66   Take 1 for scrutiny Todd, Sorry, but the gremlins...   Nov 5 2018, 09:31 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   I see what you mean!! It's ok though, ...   Nov 6 2018, 04:03 AM
nnn
- - Adam   RE: Boxish Shapes "quasipeggios"   Oct 21 2019, 11:26 PM
- - Todd Simpson   I LOVE these shapes. I based an entire solo around...   Oct 22 2019, 10:22 PM
nnn
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 04:05 PM