2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Opeth- Watershed
Mark.
Apr 26 2008, 06:33 PM
GMC:er
removed

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mark.: Dec 14 2009, 10:35 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Apr 26 2008, 06:36 PM
Learning Tone Master
No advertising for illegal actions please even when it's about Opeth. It is against the forum rules I think.

Oh and don't you dare not to buy the Album when it's released!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Mark.
Apr 26 2008, 06:39 PM
removed

This post has been edited by Mark.: Dec 14 2009, 10:36 PM

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Apr 26 2008, 06:40 PM
Learning Tone Master
Better edit your first post and just tell us about watershed and not where you got it from...

This post has been edited by ZakkWylde: Apr 26 2008, 06:43 PM

--------------------

Gear:

- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 26 2008, 06:40 PM
Does the album have the Alice In Chains cover on it or is that for the single release?

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Mark.
Apr 26 2008, 06:44 PM
removed

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Apr 26 2008, 06:45 PM
Learning Tone Master
Yeah some kind of preview of Watershed would be nice.

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
Robin
Apr 26 2008, 06:46 PM
fantastic album. i couldnt resist. i will of course buy the album when it comes out, i always do that with bands i think is awesome even if i download it first.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 26 2008, 06:47 PM
I pre-ordered it.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Mark.
Apr 26 2008, 06:50 PM
removed

+Quote Post
JVM
Apr 26 2008, 10:02 PM
Learning Roadie
I think that riff in heir apparent (you know the one) is easily among the heaviest, most machine-gunningest, gut wrenchingest riffs I've ever had the pleasure of hearing.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Apr 26 2008, 11:57 PM
OrganisedConfusion: Would is not getting released with any of the things announced yet, so you'll have to wait a bit to see it getting destroyed.

(Also, I kind of had to download it since I would have destroyed the lotus eater and porcelain heart otherwise, and it's amazing, completely different and more like a progressive rock album with metal influences than the other way around, but man, it's so good. It's to early to say it's one of their best though, but I can see it up there with the best. I've only listened to it about 10 times though, so it will grow a lot)

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 27 2008, 12:00 AM
Cheers. I will keep a check on future releases smile.gif

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Apr 27 2008, 12:01 AM

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
JVM
Apr 27 2008, 12:53 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Apr 26 2008, 06:57 PM) *
OrganisedConfusion: Would is not getting released with any of the things announced yet, so you'll have to wait a bit to see it getting destroyed.

(Also, I kind of had to download it since I would have destroyed the lotus eater and porcelain heart otherwise, and it's amazing, completely different and more like a progressive rock album with metal influences than the other way around, but man, it's so good. It's to early to say it's one of their best though, but I can see it up there with the best. I've only listened to it about 10 times though, so it will grow a lot)

I don't think they'll destroy it biggrin.gif After listening to the album, I love it.. Burden is quickly becoming one of my favorite songs ever, which is sayin' something. I agree about the progressive rock with metal influences thing.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Mark.
Apr 27 2008, 09:45 AM
removed

This post has been edited by Mark.: Dec 14 2009, 10:37 PM

+Quote Post
JVM
Apr 27 2008, 04:02 PM
Learning Roadie
That organ solo, then the guitar solo, then the detuned guitar passage... awesome ending biggrin.gif I love it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
steiner666
Apr 28 2008, 07:13 PM
I gotta be honest... I don't like half of the songs. Heir Apparent, Lotus Eater, and Porcelain Heart are the only songs that I care for... but those 3 songs still total up to 20+ minutes of good music, so I suppose it's still a decent album. I'd consider it a step down from Ghost Reveries... Blackwater Park is still my favorite album, by far.

--------------------
ESP LTD MH-400NT (EMG 81/85 set, D'Addario Skinny Top/Fat Bottom strings)
Line 6 Toneport GX

+Quote Post
Patrik Jezierski
Apr 29 2008, 02:53 PM
QUOTE (Mark. @ Apr 26 2008, 07:33 PM) *
Hey guys,

A few minutes ago I was browsing the internet for Opeth, and I found a site where you could download Watershed!
So I don't know if you guys already knew it, but the album has leaked. Well I know that I shouldn't download it but I couldn't resist it, I'm listening to it now and it doesnt seem to be a fake and the songs rule!

Now I feel kinda crap about this cause I don't know if I should allow myself to listen to it already or that I should wait till it comes out and buy it.

Mark. blink.gif mellow.gif

I couldn't hold myself either (A) tongue.gif I changed the bitrate on the songs, so that the original album will sound much better when I have it in my hands biggrin.gif
Imo i think this album is one of the top Opeth albums, the songs are so extremly well-written and arranged. Personaly I have a weakness for mikael åkerfeldts way of writing music, playing the heavy headbang riffs and then breaks down to a kind of ghostly acoustic part, he's a mastermind in my opinion! and he has a great voice above that tongue.gif

+Quote Post
VinceG
May 5 2008, 10:37 PM
so umm I would just like to bump this, because I finally got a hold of the leak. Its actually better than I thought it would be. Better than anything they have done after Still Life imo. Frederik being there actually made Opeth heavier than I would have like to think. The mellow parts are actually suitable for the change, and not just throwing it out there for giggles. It might just be a contender for best 08 for me. You guys know how I feel about Opeth, especially there recent stuff, so if I like this new album, you probably will love it as well.

This post has been edited by VinceG: May 5 2008, 10:38 PM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 5 2008, 10:40 PM
QUOTE (VinceG @ May 5 2008, 10:37 PM) *
It might just be a contender for best 08 for me

Not a chance. That will be saved for the new Testament album smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:28 PM