The Power Of Slow - Reloaded
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 3 2012, 10:18 AM
Instructor
Because we all tell each other to slow down, I will add a story here, about what happened to me yesterday.

I was in a small village near Bucharest at the Kenjutsu Winter Seminar, where we enjoyed 6 hours of sword training and an exam. At first, I thought it would be a great idea to have the exam yesterday, but somehow, I changed my mind and just attended the seminar and watched the exam.

I was so right to do this smile.gif The examination was done with real swords and if you are not used to the weight and feel, you have all the chances to flunk. Instead, Sensei said that I have started to show signs of good technique and that he thinks I am on the right path smile.gif I think I took the right decision by not jumping head first into this exam.

About slow... well, like in guitar playing, everything must be done slow and perfect first - you are not going to war tomorrow as with the guitar - you are not going onstage with Steve Vai and Joe Satriani tomorrow.

Building up a healthy and correct technique is of utmost importance and this whole sword thing makes me rejoice the power of slow on the guitar again smile.gif These days, I have to do everything FAST in order to get it done on time and I don't always throw in the best I can, just because it wouldn't be ready when expected - not only in the musical activities but in general.

Take the time and enjoy every note you play - it can be a simple chord or ...the right note, in the right bar, against the right chord, at the right time, with the right interpretation tongue.gif

This being said, don't forget to slow down and enjoy! What's the thing you are currently practicing? How slow can you practice it, by keeping balance, timing and good interpretation? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:58 PM