Done With Lower End Guitars
Haas1mj
Jun 27 2007, 11:36 PM
GMC:er
Alright, so I just got my OLP John Petrucci Signature model in the mail and as usual i took it right up to this music place by my house to get it setup. Unfortuantely i get a call an hour later from the place telling me that it has a junk neck and the best thing to do would be to return it. I'm kinda dissapointed at this since i've been waiting for this guitar for a week, however after I send it back new shopping for a guitar begins. I guess i've learned my lesson from buying cheap guitars (the Petrucci OLP was only $350 US) and so i'm gonna step it up and set my price limit to $900. I already have a Les Paul and i'm looking for a good shred/Metal/Progressive guitar. I've been looking at Musiciansfriend.com but i am so clueless about metal/shred guitars. Obviously Ibanez has been my first choice but I don't really know anything about them. I'm looking for something with a nice thin neck and preferably Humbuckers. I'd greatly appreciate it if you guys could give me so info on these guitars and recommend some in the $600 -$900 US range. Thanks.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Haas1mj: Jun 27 2007, 11:37 PM

--------------------
Gear

Guitars:

Ibanez Rg 2550e
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Seymour Duncan Pickups)
Fender Standard Telecaster (Fender Custom Shop Pickups)
Fender 50's Stratocaster (Seymour Duncan Pickups)
Amp/effects:
Line 6 PODxt Live
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Smikey2006
Jun 28 2007, 06:41 AM
GMC:er
When the word Shred is used only 3 brands really come to mind in my opinion smile.gif. Ibanez is number 1, great thin bodies nice sound, great action and i love the way they look, my only problem with the ibanez, and the reason i don't do too much research on them is they are very mainstream and therefore i kinda slouch away from playing what everyone else plays, GREAT GUITARS STILL, and many are very affordable.

Schecter is the second name that comes to mind, these are my favorite guitars, lots of choices, they are not guitars that scream shred when you see them but believe me they can shred. The C-1s are a great guitar from shred but you will be paying a bit more for them. For a reasonable price the Demon Series or the Omen series have great guitars which shred well and look cool at the same time smile.gif

The next name is the one from the post before, Jackson has a great lineup of guitars for Shred and metal. Many have thicker bodies than the ibanez but i believe these guitars really look more metal, lots of the duel humbucker setup and 24 jumbo frets which i find make them great shred guitars. The Soloist series would be my favorite for shred, if your looking for something a bit more unformal looking the King V and the Warrior series have a very different style to them ( flying V and more Warlock like looking) but are still great for shred.

Those are my ideas, all these brands have very reasonable prices guitars and are all very metal smile.gif
I would have to say the Schecter is the best for diversity and Quality ( i play funk on my schecter as well as metal biggrin.gif)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 10:15 AM