Iron Maiden, Live at Twickenham Stadium, UK
Chris Evans
Jul 6 2008, 11:05 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Well last night I packed myself off with a couple of my mates to Twickenham to watch Iron Maiden, to be honest I`m not a fan of Stadium gigs but it was the only chance we where going to get to watch them and boy am I glad we did, one word that has followed me around all day is AWESOME!

so ... when we arrived I was quite suprised how empty the stadium seemed, we decided to head into the crowd and push our way as far to the front as we could before the real squash, I`m glad we did, from no where thousands of people (in the region of 50,000 from reports) entered the stadium and the whole place began to buzz, a huge stage at one end with two giant screens either side.

The crowd goes mad and the screens light up showing footage of Maiden travelling around the globe in their custom Boeing 757 (Iron Maiden custom plane)

And we`re off into "Aces High", I`m blown away by the sound, I wasnt expecting such a quality sound outside in a stadium, but I guess the homework had been done, coz it was crisp and clear as anything!!

the set list then went, 2 Minutes To Midnight, Revelations, The Trooper, Wasted Years, The Number Of The Beast, Rime Of The Ancient Mariner, Powerslave, Heaven Can Wait, Run To The Hills, Fear Of The Dark, Iron Maiden, Moonchild, The Clairvoyant, Hallowed Be Thy Name.

Apologies to any of his fans but I`m not that fond of Janik Gers, he actually didnt play too many solo`s on the night (hoorah!), the ones he did play where inaudiable, I wish he`d spend less time throwing his guitar around and generally posing in as many different poses as he possible can, the guy can play we know that from his recorded material but in general "live", hes far too busy mincing around to be able to play anything half decent.

Dave Murray and Adrian Smith where rock steady, sporting some rather tasty guitars and just getting down to business, Steve Harris I thought was fantastic all night, thundering along on his custom West Ham (Hammers) Bass, and Nicko on drums, well totally awesome, the guys solid as a rock and never misses a beat, awesome.

My favourite of the night had to be Brucey, without Bruce, Maiden aint Maiden, his vocals where mighty powerful, he didnt stop running around, the mans a machine, incredible!

All in all it was £50 (approx $100) well spent, I was dubious at first but to be honest it was worth paying that just for them to play Rime of the ancient Mariner!

I`m gutted I didnt take my vid camera with me, I didnt think it would be allowed into the stadium but I could have sad.gif so I have a few really bad quality pics that I took with my mobile phone, sorry they are a little blurred sad.gif

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Finally I`ve attached a small movie clip that I took on my phone, the sound etc is ofc not too good, but it shows the huge pyro flames that they used during Number of the Beast, we could feel the heat from these things where we were standing, must have been really hot on stage!! laugh.gif

Attached File  MVI_0003.rar ( 1002.42K ) Number of downloads: 206

I nearly forgot!! my new shirt!! biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Smells: Jul 6 2008, 11:24 PM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Smells   Iron Maiden   Jul 6 2008, 11:05 PM
- - TreyDeschamp   lucky you man sounds like a blast!   Jul 6 2008, 11:09 PM
- - IDontWantMyUsername   Haha, I'm going to see them the 22th on a stad...   Jul 6 2008, 11:12 PM
- - Fran   Really cool man, Maiden sure have an amazing Live,...   Jul 6 2008, 11:21 PM
- - MickeM   Up the irons Sound like a great time you had...   Jul 6 2008, 11:30 PM
- - Ivan Milenkovic   Awesome concert and review man, very nice story an...   Jul 7 2008, 11:12 PM
- - Smells   QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jul 7 2008, 11:1...   Jul 7 2008, 11:16 PM
- - superize   Sounds like you had a blast...... I have never bee...   Jul 7 2008, 11:28 PM
- - crabman   Smells, I saw them on June 2nd in Seattle Wa. and ...   Jul 8 2008, 05:06 AM
- - Stevie·Ray·Vaughn   I payed $85 to see Maiden on March 16, and I ...   Jul 8 2008, 05:43 AM
- - Lian Gerbino   so cool!!!! man you´re so lucky...   Jul 8 2008, 06:05 AM
- - Smells   QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Jul 8 2008, 05...   Jul 8 2008, 08:17 AM
- - Strungout180   QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Jul 8 2008, 12...   Jul 8 2008, 08:20 AM
- - Nemanja Filipovic   Stage looks amazing man,you must had a great time ...   Jul 8 2008, 12:41 PM
- - Jesse   F****** AWESOME!!!JEALOUS!!...   Jul 8 2008, 01:13 PM
- - Juan M. Valero   UP THE IRONS !!!!!!!...   Jul 8 2008, 02:34 PM
- - Stevie·Ray·Vaughn   Yeah Smells, at the time I saw them, it was their ...   Jul 9 2008, 09:54 PM
- - Nazgul   Up the Irons! I'm really jealous right now...   Jul 9 2008, 10:15 PM
- - Bogdan Radovic   I saw Iron Maiden 2 times , they are awesome....Yo...   Jul 10 2008, 11:50 AM
- - OrganisedConfusion   I've seen them 5 times live and they are incre...   Jul 10 2008, 12:12 PM
- - Alex87   Up the Irons, nice review man. Cant wait to see th...   Jul 10 2008, 03:09 PM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:30 PM