Scale Patterns
Wabba
Dec 1 2008, 02:59 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hi! I would like to know some alternate/speed picking patterns for scale runs. I know just few of tem, and I think that I need more of them, cause I can't use the same pattern in every solo. So if you know any patterns, or lessons with patterns, then please, can you tell them to me?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Noangels
Dec 1 2008, 04:13 PM
GMC:er
Make sure you dont just learn 3 note per string scales all over the neck,you will fall on your back when you attempt fast two note per string penatonic shapes as your hands will be sync'd to playing those 3 notes all the time!

If you want to add some colour to your playing try some whole tone shapes

You may also like to download Paul Gilberts Intense Rock powertab file that is around the net(google it)for lots of cool picking licks and arps:)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
Wabba
Dec 1 2008, 04:22 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Noangels @ Dec 1 2008, 05:13 PM) *
Make sure you dont just learn 3 note per string scales all over the neck,you will fall on your back when you attempt fast two note per string penatonic shapes as your hands will be sync'd to playing those 3 notes all the time!

If you want to add some colour to your playing try some whole tone shapes

You may also like to download Paul Gilberts Intense Rock powertab file that is around the net(google it)for lots of cool picking licks and arps:)

Checked it. It doesn't seem to contain anything that's missing from me.

+Quote Post
Noangels
Dec 2 2008, 08:58 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Wabba @ Dec 1 2008, 03:22 PM) *
Checked it. It doesn't seem to contain anything that's missing from me.

realy?fair enough mate but considering you dont know how to change a string,or where to buy one I find it amusing that you think Paul Gilberts Intense rock lessons contain nothing that you cant do now!

Post a clip of your playing when you get a chance as I would love to hear someone who does all the gilbert stuff but hasnt changes a string yet!lol

amazing

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
Wabba
Dec 2 2008, 03:42 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Noangels @ Dec 2 2008, 09:58 AM) *
realy?fair enough mate but considering you dont know how to change a string,or where to buy one I find it amusing that you think Paul Gilberts Intense rock lessons contain nothing that you cant do now!

Post a clip of your playing when you get a chance as I would love to hear someone who does all the gilbert stuff but hasnt changes a string yet!lol

amazing

Hehe, I think that I just checked the wrong tab. I googled "intense rock tabs", and found a tab with same exercises as in dahls speedpicking lessons.

And now I've changed the string.

EDIt: Okay... I'm just too lazy to check out the whole tab... It probably contains lots of good techiques. But why should I play 2 notes per string patterns, If almost everyone uses 3-note per strings patterns?

This post has been edited by Wabba: Dec 2 2008, 03:46 PM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 2 2008, 07:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Wabba @ Dec 2 2008, 03:42 PM) *
EDIt: Okay... I'm just too lazy to check out the whole tab... It probably contains lots of good techiques. But why should I play 2 notes per string patterns, If almost everyone uses 3-note per strings patterns?

2 note per string patterns give you a broader technique abilities when playing mate, so you can express yourself even better. Lots of times while playing you will need to use just 2 notes on one string, so this technique is one of the essentials.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Wabba
Dec 2 2008, 07:55 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Dec 2 2008, 08:48 PM) *
2 note per string patterns give you a broader technique abilities when playing mate, so you can express yourself even better. Lots of times while playing you will need to use just 2 notes on one string, so this technique is one of the essentials.

Yeah, I know, it was actually a stupid question... But 2 notes per string is so hard to play fast. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Wabba   Scale Patterns   Dec 1 2008, 02:59 PM
- - kaznie_NL   okz, ehm... check out Brian May style lesson (Wall...   Dec 1 2008, 03:01 PM
- - OrganisedConfusion   Every lesson has patterns. You just need to unders...   Dec 1 2008, 03:06 PM
- - Wabba   Yeah, I know that every (shred) lesson has pattern...   Dec 1 2008, 04:06 PM
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
- - Jose Mena   QUOTE (Wabba @ Dec 1 2008, 08:59 AM) Hi...   Dec 1 2008, 04:54 PM
|- - Wabba   QUOTE (Jose Mena @ Dec 1 2008, 05:54 PM) ...   Dec 1 2008, 05:04 PM
|- - OrganisedConfusion   QUOTE (Wabba @ Dec 1 2008, 04:04 PM) It l...   Dec 1 2008, 05:05 PM
|- - Wabba   QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Dec 1 2008, 06...   Dec 1 2008, 05:06 PM
nnn
nnn
nnn
- - Jose Mena   QUOTE (Wabba @ Dec 1 2008, 11:06 AM) Yeah...   Dec 1 2008, 05:10 PM
|- - Wabba   QUOTE (Jose Mena @ Dec 1 2008, 06:10 PM) ...   Dec 1 2008, 05:11 PM
nnn
- - OrganisedConfusion   Ivan has a lesson on changing strings on GMC if yo...   Dec 1 2008, 05:14 PM
|- - Emilio Perez   you can organize your scales using therr notes per...   Dec 1 2008, 11:49 PM
nnn
- - Ivan Milenkovic   Here's a restringing tutorial mate. You can bu...   Dec 2 2008, 12:13 AM
- - Pedja Simovic   Here is one for you Go to this link for more ex...   Dec 2 2008, 12:22 AM
- - Emir Hot   I am doing a lesson with some fast 16th triplets r...   Dec 2 2008, 11:14 AM
- - Noangels   Its essential to learn the scale boxes in 3 notes ...   Dec 3 2008, 09:07 AM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 10:12 AM