Practice Tip
Marfol
Dec 14 2011, 03:32 PM
GMC:er
Hi,

should I work on more than one lesson at a time or should I focus on one? I am not sure, if I make "economic" progress when I work on just one lesson.
Greetz

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 14 2011, 07:32 PM
Instructor
It depends on how much stuff the lesson includes. If its a shorts lesson maybe you could choose one or two more that covers other techniques or topics and work them simultaneously.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Dec 14 2011, 10:14 PM
Instructor
I am more for focusing on one topic. Especially if it's one element that needs to be exercised (for example - alternate picking). If you find another one or two lessons with very same element - even better. But simultaneously learning different technical elements, in my opinion is not progressive improvement. Stick to one and when you're done go to another and so on... smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marfol
Dec 14 2011, 10:55 PM
GMC:er
Thanks guys, I guess I stay at one or two lessons with same technique.

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Dec 15 2011, 04:37 AM
Instructor
If you have a lesson that you've learned but you just need to practice more to improve your technique on it, you could use that to warm up. Then maybe do a newer lesson that you have to think harder about. I would say just do one "heavy thinking" lesson a day and spend the rest of your time on exercises and scales, or sight reading if you're doing that.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 15 2011, 12:08 PM
Instructor
It all depends what you want to do, and what you want to practice. For example, if you like sweeping, you might want to finish at least 3 sweeping lessons and 2 arpeggio lessons to get to know patterns and correct way of playing. Then you can check some solos that have sweeping so you see how to incorporate it into regular scale patterns. If you learn the blues, you can start with pentatonic scale, blues scale and some blues solos/rhythm. Keep in mind the program you made for yourself and stick to it, try to practice every day by little, and this already goes a long way.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Dec 16 2011, 01:47 PM
Instructor
I agree with Ivan as well you need to have a practice schedule!!!

This post has been edited by Alex Feather: Dec 16 2011, 01:49 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:21 PM