How In The World Do U Export Ez Drummer Grooves?
Vulpine
May 23 2013, 12:38 AM
GMC:er
Hey gmc ,

so I spend half my pay check on buying Ez drummer and Ezplayer pro in hopes i'd Finally have a drum software I try to drag grooves from ez drummer to my Sonar LE software and it didnt take long for frustration to build , had no luck at all dragging Grooves from ez drummer my Sonar Le And i dont know any other way to Export those grooves so I can use them in my future recordings

anyway could use some help if anyone know How I can Export Ez Drummer groove tracks ... if not i may just have to wait and buy a software that can do ezdrummer

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Vulpine: May 23 2013, 12:42 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dcz702
May 23 2013, 12:49 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Vulpine @ May 22 2013, 11:38 PM) *
Hey gmc ,

so I spend half my pay check on buying Ez drummer and Ezplayer pro in hopes i'd Finally have a drum software I try to drag grooves from ez drummer to my Sonar LE software and it didnt take long for frustration to build , had no luck at all dragging Grooves from ez drummer my Sonar Le And i dont know any other way to Export those grooves so I can use them in my future recordings

anyway could use some help if anyone know How I can Export Ez Drummer groove tracks ... if not i may just have to wait and buy a software that can do ezdrummer

Did you open ez drummer in your daw in logic goto the insert tab for the track you created that you want to use ez drum for. Chose au, then ez. Then click on it and the ez window pops up and you can drag and drop from there. Maybe it's the same as your daw, don't know. But you don't open ez by itself you have to open it as a plug in.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by dcz702: May 23 2013, 12:55 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 23 2013, 12:58 PM
Instructor
you can easily drag and drop on the midi track You first create smile.gif Open EZ drummer as a VST instrument in You daw. Click and hold the fill / beat/ groove name and drop it on the free space of MIDI track smile.gif This track has to be set to send the signal to EZD. Set the out = ezdrummer or similar. Than You can play and edit particular grooves

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
May 24 2013, 12:04 AM
Instructor
Sorry mate ,but slow down a bit. Do you want to export EZ grooves to Sonar ?! or wanna Export EZ wave file out of Sonar ?!?
In the first case - make a midi channel. and assign output to EZ Drummer. In that channel drag the rhythms that you need..
In the second - mark that channel along with EZ plugin channel, which is created when you started EZ drummer , and bounce these two to the new separate track, and that's how you have wave drum file !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 24 2013, 01:21 AM
BINGO!!! smile.gif I'd bet money this is the issue. It's something that usually comes up so don't beat yourself up about it. It's not all that intuitive at first to launch the DAW (sonar etc) and then launch EZ inside it. Often, (especially when just sorta winging it)this is the first thing that folks try. Same for guitar plugins. For example, starting guitar rig, then noticing it won't record in Reaper once you start reaper.

EZ FIX!!!! Just start the daw first and launch ez drummer as a plugin. Create a midi track, and add EZ to it. Then you can drag and drop your grooves.

Todd

QUOTE (dcz702 @ May 22 2013, 07:49 PM) *
Did you open ez drummer in your daw in logic goto the insert tab for the track you created that you want to use ez drum for. Chose au, then ez. Then click on it and the ez window pops up and you can drag and drop from there. Maybe it's the same as your daw, don't know. But you don't open ez by itself you have to open it as a plug in.

+Quote Post
Vulpine
May 25 2013, 06:43 AM
ok Im going to try this

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 25 2013, 09:06 AM
Instructor
Mate, can you open up a midi grid or piano roll as it was called in Logic? If so, you can use easy drummer as a pluggin and write the drums manually in that grid window. I always do that and I never use any pre-made grooves. I hope this will help and if you haven't tried it, I strongly encourage you to experiment with writing drums by yourself.

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: May 25 2013, 09:07 AM

+Quote Post
Vulpine
May 25 2013, 10:45 AM
well I tried this again and while I can literally drag and drop the Ez drummer Grooves I cant Hear it in my Daw for some reason ... Im still new to Ez drummer and my DAW lol I only know enough to record and export but this ez drummer lol not so Easy right now

+Quote Post
korblitz
May 25 2013, 11:19 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Vulpine @ May 25 2013, 09:45 AM) *
well I tried this again and while I can literally drag and drop the Ez drummer Grooves I cant Hear it in my Daw for some reason ... Im still new to Ez drummer and my DAW lol I only know enough to record and export but this ez drummer lol not so Easy right now

if you find it hard to type it out, make a video.

If you can hear it: 1)Did you enable the monitoring for that track? 2)Are you sure you created a midi track for the EZDrummer Groove?

There's a bunch of videos that describe how to import EZDrummers grooves into a DAW.
I personally recommend Riffs, Beards and Gear..a.k.a..fluff191

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
May 25 2013, 12:21 PM
Learning Tone Master
you need to get ez drummer installed into your daw as a plugin before you can open it as one
I don't have your gear but this is how I get stuff in reaper
I make a sort cut on desktop of what I want to install, the open your daw plugin folder , shrink it , not to small, so you can see your shortcut, then drag it in

and the, try reaper , its free , and you will get a lot help , seeing how it is probably the most popular, at least until you get your feet wet

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: May 25 2013, 12:25 PM

+Quote Post
korblitz
May 25 2013, 01:01 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ May 25 2013, 11:21 AM) *
and the, try reaper , its free , and you will get a lot help , seeing how it is probably the most popular, at least until you get your feet wet

I disagree with you. I think that first you need to learn the basic of recording with any given DAW and stick with that DAW that you have chosen. In case of the Vulpine, with the Sonar LE. After learning the basics, then proceed to try other DAW's, as the share the same "basic" options.

I also have to disagree with the word "free" that you mention. Reaper is not "free". It's has a life time extended trial period of the full DAW. What makes Reaper so successful?

1) A license cost
QUOTE (http://reaper.fm/purchase.php)
$225: full commercial license.
$60: discounted license.

You may use the discounted license if any of the following is true:

You are an individual, using REAPER only for personal use.
You are an individual or business, using REAPER for commercial use, and the yearly gross revenue does not exceed USD $20,000.
You are an educational or non-profit organization.

This makes any home user decided for such a bargain price.

2) The awesome community the have at the Reaper forums and direct talk with the programmers of Reaper.

A few data about DAW's and their prices:

Logic Pro 9 $200
Reason 6 $400
CakeWalk Sonar $300
Ableton Live $400
Pro Tools too much!

+Quote Post
Vulpine
May 25 2013, 08:16 PM
Guess I may need to save up for another DAW ... Now I have Reaper but only the Trial Version , If i were to get the license is it a good DAW like Simplicity easy to record n export and can it do Ez Drummer

n I guess my next guess would be save up for a more recent Sonar because i've read somewhere that my Sonar LE doesnt' do Ez drummer . wont work so may have to get a sonar 5 n up or save up for a Reason 6

(must thank every comment on this thread because this was a critical question here and really needed some help with this so thanks)

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
May 25 2013, 08:22 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Vulpine @ May 25 2013, 08:16 PM) *
Guess I may need to save up for another DAW ... Now I have Reaper but only the Trial Version , If i were to get the license is it a good DAW like Simplicity easy to record n export and can it do Ez Drummer

n I guess my next guess would be save up for a more recent Sonar because i've read somewhere that my Sonar LE doesnt' do Ez drummer . wont work so may have to get a sonar 5 n up or save up for a Reason 6

(must thank every comment on this thread because this was a critical question here and really needed some help with this so thanks)

don't worry about paying for reaper, your trial is unlimited time(you will just have that window appear - suggesting you upgrade, just move it for now.
Fellow GMCer" the fireball' has a great video he made to walk you thru
try to p.m. him and I think he will get you going in the right direction

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: May 25 2013, 08:23 PM

+Quote Post
dcz702
May 25 2013, 09:52 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Vulpine @ May 25 2013, 07:16 PM) *

hey man i know how frustrating it can be to get stuck on software when you just want to play so i looked this up for you i hope this helps if not there are othe you tube tutorial with sonar save your money and give this a shot first

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 26 2013, 01:55 AM
No need smile.gif Just use the Demo Version of REAPER. It's the same as the full version! You just get rid of the nag screen.

So the good news is you have everything you need smile.gif Here is a youtube vid to describe what to do.

QUOTE (Vulpine @ May 25 2013, 03:16 PM) *

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 26 2013, 02:57 PM
Instructor
And also, if this helps, there's a classic GMC video made by our old mate Ivan:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:15 AM