2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Metal Bands From Unlikely Places
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 26 2012, 08:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 25 2012, 08:05 AM) *
I don't know all of them (I'll have to ask), but I know Peru, Chile and Argentina are on the list smile.gif

Great! You have to know these countries! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Sep 1 2012, 11:59 PM
Learning Tone Master
I've posted many bands before, but I don't think I've posted this one before. Maybe someone might like them biggrin.gif From Mongolia:

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 2 2012, 07:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Sep 1 2012, 10:59 PM) *
I've posted many bands before, but I don't think I've posted this one before. Maybe someone might like them biggrin.gif From Mongolia:

Man this sounds totally mystical! I don;t believe that could be a didjeridoo in the beginning, as it's an aboriginee instrument, rather than a Mongolian one?

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Sep 2 2012, 08:04 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 2 2012, 08:47 PM) *
Man this sounds totally mystical! I don;t believe that could be a didjeridoo in the beginning, as it's an aboriginee instrument, rather than a Mongolian one?

Not quite! It's throat singing biggrin.gif

edit: or if you are thinking of the violin-like instrument that comes when the guitar kicks in, I believe it's probably an Erhu!

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Sep 2 2012, 08:06 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 2 2012, 08:42 PM
Instructor
Wow biggrin.gif Super interesting! Thanks for sharing mate - so this is why those Asian melodic lines played on the Erhu are having such a wide vibrato - it's like vibrating into thin air!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 2 2012, 10:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Sep 1 2012, 07:59 PM) *

man!! I enjoyed this a lot! this guys make a great balance of extreme metal and their own folk and the result is very interesting for me. I love when this combinations are done with good quality. One band that come to mind when I was hearing this is Sepultura. When they recorded the album "Roots" they combiner metal with their folk in a very clever way.. so they did one of the best metal albums of all time (from my point of view).

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 3 2012, 07:03 AM
Instructor
Hehe! I totally agree man! I loved that album ESPECIALLY because of the folk music influences they have used wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 3 2012, 08:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 2 2012, 10:43 PM) *
One band that come to mind when I was hearing this is Sepultura. When they recorded the album "Roots" they combiner metal with their folk in a very clever way.. so they did one of the best metal albums of all time (from my point of view).

When I first heard that album when I was a kid, me and my friends thought it was the most outrageous, heavy thing we'd ever heard !

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 3 2012, 01:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 3 2012, 04:53 AM) *
When I first heard that album when I was a kid, me and my friends thought it was the most outrageous, heavy thing we'd ever heard !

haha it's awesome how our ears get accustomed to music that is more and more extreme...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 4 2012, 02:21 PM
Instructor
I remember how scared i was, the first time that I listened to Tool... Man...it was horrifying - I was at a friends house at his birthday party back in 2003. His house is rather large but wider, rather than taller, so I was sleepy and trying to find an empty room to lay down a bit, I went and went, until Passing through several rooms I found one silent enough. I was alone.

The sound of music was somewhere far away but still pretty much distinguishable, so that at the point when I went in that state right before falling asleep, terror struck me.... I could hear a circus like music and suddenly, a creepy little ugly man appeared and started dancing grotesquely around the bed. I can't describe the sensation... That instant, a friend came into the room and I found myself clutching the bed cover so tight, that it got all tangled up beneath me. I later found out that the song which I was hearing was a tune played by Tool. It took me about 5-6 years to listen to them again and understand that music smile.gif

I must add that I didn't even have something to drink or anything else... Pretty weird huh?

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Sep 4 2012, 02:21 PM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 4 2012, 04:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 4 2012, 02:21 PM) *
I remember how scared i was, the first time that I listened to Tool... Man...it was horrifying - I was at a friends house at his birthday party back in 2003. His house is rather large but wider, rather than taller, so I was sleepy and trying to find an empty room to lay down a bit, I went and went, until Passing through several rooms I found one silent enough. I was alone.

The sound of music was somewhere far away but still pretty much distinguishable, so that at the point when I went in that state right before falling asleep, terror struck me.... I could hear a circus like music and suddenly, a creepy little ugly man appeared and started dancing grotesquely around the bed. I can't describe the sensation... That instant, a friend came into the room and I found myself clutching the bed cover so tight, that it got all tangled up beneath me. I later found out that the song which I was hearing was a tune played by Tool. It took me about 5-6 years to listen to them again and understand that music smile.gif

I must add that I didn't even have something to drink or anything else... Pretty weird huh?

That is a very... unusual experience. I first heard Tool live at Ozzfest which was a lot less scary than your experience !! tongue.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:59 AM