Rusty Cooley
The JEM
Jun 25 2007, 02:33 AM
GMC:er
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzuXyXQ0IHo...ted&search=

thats some sweeping! blink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
my gear :
gibson sg standard ebony finish
roland 30 cube amp
boss ds-1 ultra mod pedal
crybaby 535(i think)
very hard dunlop picks
ernie ball super light strings (the pink package)
and some short skinny fingers attached to my hand

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jun 25 2007, 09:15 AM
Instructor
That's a very old video of him. He has much more crazier and newer stuff.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jun 25 2007, 09:53 AM
Lets go fishing!
I think this is a cooler one! smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aVlLguYkIY

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jun 25 2007, 10:12 AM
Instructor
Yeah i saw that one a while ago and it's an amazing video!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 25 2007, 03:00 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Rusty Cooley is just godly, I wish i could get the honor of seeing outworld live.

+Quote Post
Robin
Jun 25 2007, 08:27 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jun 25 2007, 08:53 AM) *
I think this is a cooler one! smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aVlLguYkIY

Oh jesus fu*king christ, what the hell. I've never liked shredding, but that was SICK!

Uhm, where the hell does the malmsteen vs cooley discussions come from? Malmsteen only does the same god damn crappy runs all the time. (I'm gonna get killed for this biggrin.gif). I'm no expert AT ALL, but from what I just saw malmsteen isnt anywhere near this guy.

Both of those got shitty music though. (My opinion).

(Please dont hate me for this, I'm just a complete noob when it comes to this stuff biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by Robin: Jun 25 2007, 08:32 PM

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jun 25 2007, 08:34 PM
Instructor
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif I love this forum!! hahahaha we have some * vs * going in every topic hahahaha

And yes Rusty is Godly. I wish Outworld had a European Tour but we found out on their forum that they are not going to Europe any time soon!

--------------------

+Quote Post
The JEM
Jun 25 2007, 10:16 PM
i got the first video i found and i thought his guitar was pretty cool in my video is why i posted it.
just for sum arguments im saying that i think steve vai beats him lol

--------------------
my gear :
roland 30 cube amp
crybaby 535(i think)
very hard dunlop picks

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jun 25 2007, 10:28 PM
Instructor
On that video Rusty is around 22 years old. Now he's 35. And please let's stay away from "he beats him" stuff as i love them both and i don't even want to start comparing them as they ARE DIFFERENT!

And just for the record - those two are my greatest influences!

Btw. that guitar on that first video with his old band Revolution - it's something like Jackson but totally home modified. He still has that guitar but he never plays it as he has tons of awesome Ibanez, Conklin 8-string, amazing Jackson 7-string and now an ultra-shred-machine Dean RC-7!

This post has been edited by Pavel: Jun 25 2007, 10:29 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 26 2007, 03:41 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jun 25 2007, 03:28 PM) *
On that video Rusty is around 22 years old. Now he's 35. And please let's stay away from "he beats him" stuff as i love them both and i don't even want to start comparing them as they ARE DIFFERENT!

And just for the record - those two are my greatest influences!
Btw. that guitar on that first video with his old band Revolution - it's something like Jackson but totally home modified. He still has that guitar but he never plays it as he has tons of awesome Ibanez, Conklin 8-string, amazing Jackson 7-string and now an ultra-shred-machine Dean RC-7!

lol laugh.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
The JEM
Jun 26 2007, 09:36 PM
i love them both and i don't even want to start comparing them as they ARE DIFFERENT!

also yngwie malmsteens better lolololololololololololololololololololol

--------------------
my gear :
roland 30 cube amp
crybaby 535(i think)
very hard dunlop picks

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 26 2007, 09:57 PM
QUOTE (The JEM @ Jun 26 2007, 03:36 PM) *
i love them both and i don't even want to start comparing them as they ARE DIFFERENT!

also yngwie malmsteens better lolololololololololololololololololololol

I 2nd that, but he has competition with vai. I dont know if he cant beat him haha. But Yngwie is awesome!!!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jun 26 2007, 10:26 PM
Instructor
Does every topic has to have Yngwie in it??? Yngwie's time has passed - accept it and get back to practice!!

And btw. it doesn't matter how Yngwie plays - it matters how YOU play!! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 26 2007, 10:50 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
The point is Rusty is an amazing player, with perfect technique which everyone hear at GMC could learn from.

And he is just awesome!

+Quote Post
MayleneFan
Jul 4 2007, 06:38 AM
I've got a friend that took or takes (not sure which one) lessons from Rusty Cooley. I live about 25min from the "Music Go Round" that he teaches at =).

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 4 2007, 07:06 AM
If I recall correctly , Instrumental Case took lessons from Rusty , Idk if he still does but he said it was like 40 something $/an hour. And he was lucky to get a spot there. But wow, learning from rusty, I can see it now ohmy.gif .....

- John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
JOhn
Jul 4 2007, 08:08 AM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jul 4 2007, 04:06 PM) *
If I recall correctly , Instrumental Case took lessons from Rusty , Idk if he still does but he said it was like 40 something $/an hour. And he was lucky to get a spot there. But wow, learning from rusty, I can see it now ohmy.gif .....
- John

thats nothing ohmy.gif

--------------------
The only man it's OK to love is Paul Gilbert.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 4 2007, 11:59 AM
Instructor
InstrumentalCase TOOK lessons from him. It costs 1$/min so it's 30$/30 minutes. And there is no point taking lessons from him if you can only play pentatonic scales or some basic stuff. Thats a shred master over there so if you are paying that money i think it would be best to learn REALLY SOMETHING!!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:38 AM