> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Gitarrero's Guitar And Bass Training Ground
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 26 2012, 11:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jul 26 2012, 08:19 AM) *
Cool! But no more about this lesson in public laugh.gif

Discussing vocals in the chat tonight sounds good to me smile.gif

Got that, mate tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 29 2012, 10:21 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Cosmin!

I updated the track "Queen of Blades" with drums now and recorded everything again. I couldn't find any cool fills yet, nor how to combine the main riff, verse and chorus in a cool way...but that will come smile.gif
What do you think about the drums? I used a different approach here, with somewhat slower or more relaxed drums, since double bass drums didn't really sound so good.

http://soundcloud.com/gitarrero/queen-of-blades-updated-with

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 29 2012, 01:28 PM
Instructor
hey Christian! Totally love the approach! Sounds like fresh modern punk rock with some metal twist to me smile.gif Let's keep it this way and develop further!

The slower part is good, because it creates dynamics in the song - now, for the fills, you might want to create small guitar interventions which could be doubled by fills - like the one you are struggling with in Metal Metrics 1 tongue.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Oct 16 2012, 04:53 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Cosmin!

As promised in our skype session, I worked on the track Queen of Blades, added thirds and stuff biggrin.gif

It's not perfect yet, and I did not record bass or vocals...but this is the song so far:

http://soundcloud.com/gitarrero/queen-of-blades

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 16 2012, 05:02 PM
Instructor
Very nice man! biggrin.gif It sure does miss the bass though biggrin.gif I mean the riffs are good but they lack a bit of power which will come from the bass added in the mix aaaand, I think I'd pump those drums up a bit too.

Let's hear the next version!!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Oct 16 2012, 05:09 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Yeah, I mixed the drums in the back while arranging the guitar tracks and forgot to push the sound back up laugh.gif

Next version will follow soon smile.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 16 2012, 05:10 PM
Instructor
laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Oct 16 2012, 06:54 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Here we go again!

Added bass, pushed the drums (especially the kick drum) a bit...sounds pretty close to what I had in mind biggrin.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 17 2012, 08:15 AM
Instructor
Sounds bigger indeed! biggrin.gif Christian, I would like you to be more groovy somehow - the take is rhythmically correct but it's a bit too rigid - I think the drums should be more dynamic in the approach. You know, a lot if not about 80% of the dynamics in a song come from the drums. And the vocals man! Will this be the 'Guitarrero singing take' as well? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Oct 17 2012, 08:43 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
It sure will biggrin.gif
I was thinking of using the demon voice again though, like in my other song...but maybe I'll try it wothout FX anyway laugh.gif

About the drums: so you mean I should use a different drum groove? I kinda like the groove for the pre-chorus (with a lot of tom-toms)...should I try using something like that for the whole thing?

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 17 2012, 08:46 AM
Instructor
smile.gif Enrich the already existing grooves, do not change them wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Oct 17 2012, 08:50 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Ah, you mean by adding some more fills and stuff?

Cool, I will try that now! (since I have a day off biggrin.gif )

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Oct 17 2012, 02:27 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Cosmin!

I added a couple of fills to the drums now, what do you think of it?

Still writing the lyrics and trying to find a singing melody...so give me some more time until I hurt your ears with my singing laugh.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Oct 17 2012, 03:07 PM
GMC:er
Chris i suggest you to call Doro and UDO Dirkschneider to provide to you some mighty mite vocal sessions ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Oct 17 2012, 03:10 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Oct 17 2012, 04:07 PM) *
Chris i suggest you to call Doro and UDO Dirkschneider to provide to you some mighty mite vocal sessions ohmy.gif

I already did! I'll meet them next week, it's gonna be epic. This weekend I have a vocal session with Angela Gossow wink.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Oct 17 2012, 03:18 PM
GMC:er
Why you little #%$#%^ !! U're meeting princess of my childhood and u didn't called me ? dry.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Oct 17 2012, 03:20 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Oct 17 2012, 04:18 PM) *
Why you little #%$#%^ !! U're meeting princess of my childhood and u didn't called me ? dry.gif

I did call you, but you didn't answer the phone!

But you can come to my place on saturday biggrin.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 18 2012, 08:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Oct 17 2012, 01:27 PM) *
Hi Cosmin!

I added a couple of fills to the drums now, what do you think of it?

Still writing the lyrics and trying to find a singing melody...so give me some more time until I hurt your ears with my singing laugh.gif

Much better man! You can feel the song come alive now biggrin.gif I'll wait for the vocals biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 16 2013, 11:35 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Ok...we all knew this moment would come, ever since I bought an acoustic guitar.

My first vocal cover!

I've done quite a few these past weeks, now it's time to get some feedback.

Let's start with a song by Rise Against called Swing Life Away.

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 16 2013, 11:41 AM
Instructor
Wow dude! I am impressed biggrin.gif Nice singing! Listen, I am currently working on an extensive list of songs that I am learning to play - acoustic guitar and voice, so you caught me in the right moment to appreciate this at it's fullest laugh.gif

You have a good voice, you are in tune and you are paying attention to details! Great job Christian - do you have more? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:28 AM