Modal Madness - Zsolt Galambos, Question about descending parts beginning with downstrokes
Jose Soriano
Sep 20 2008, 06:11 PM
GMC:er
Hi,

I would like to ask Zsolt about the exercise, but you're welcome guys to leave your opinion.

My question is regarding the attack of the string when we move from one to the next above. When Zsolt is doing an ascending part he first attacks every string from below (upstroke), but when he is doing descending parts he attacks the next string in the same way (upstroke again). I don't know why but when I have to do the descending part my head tells me to attack the next string from above (downstroke), for me it's more "symmetrical" to the ascending part, nearer to a strict alternate picking, but in this case I would have to modify the exercise to apply this pattern of upstroke-downstroke for descending.

So my question is, should I work the exercise as it is even it costs me a lot to change my playing, or both ways of picking are good? I mean, will I take some advantage of doing as you do it Zsolt?

Thanks! GREAT, GREAT, LESSON!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jay R.: Sep 20 2008, 06:15 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:19 AM