Dr Who/davinci Fans?
Todd Simpson
Mar 11 2016, 09:47 AM
GMC:er
Any Dr Who fans on GMC? There was one episode this past season "THE ROBOT OF SHERWOOD FOREST"
that starred TOM RILEY as ROBIN HOOD. Tom plays DAVINCI in a show called DAVINCIS DEMONS which I thought was brilliant.
and beyond that the Dr. Who ep and several of the Davincis Demons eps shot in the same "cave" are of some forest in England.
It's the same exact place. To make it better, the girl that plays Davincis Sister in Demons, stars in the Robot of Sherwood as well.
Also, more connections to shows I like, it was written by the guy who plays the brother of Sherlock Holmes on the BBC series
SHERLOCK.

I have noticed that the Doctor himself was on several shows/series on BBC. It seems that they have a small cadre of writers/actors
and they sort of put them in whatever they are producing? Seems to work though smile.gif Here is a bit of behind the scenes from sherwood.

The best part was the Dr. fighting Robin Hood with a spoon. Yup. It's in there. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 11 2016, 09:51 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 11 2016, 09:59 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
I'm a big fan of both shows!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 11 2016, 06:33 PM

Do you get DAVINCIS DEMONS in German? Does is come on pay/premium cable channels like it does over here? Also, is Dr. Who and demons dubbed in to german?

(the shots that show the mouth of the cave and woods) are the same place as
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Mar 11 2016, 03:59 AM) *
I'm a big fan of both shows!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 11 2016, 07:34 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Yes, everything is dubbed into german over here.
Germans don't speak english, at least not good enough to be able to watch a movie or a series in english. Most germans, that is.
It comes pn pay TV, in my case Sky.
And I watch both shows (all shows for that matter) in english. That's the beauty of pay TV, you can choose the language.

One thing that annoys me on Dr. Who:

MAJOR SPOILER

Why do they keep killing/replacing all the hot assistants?? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 12 2016, 03:18 AM
Ive heard of SKY TV! It's a sattelite service yes? It offers nearly every channel i hear if you are willing to pay. Glad to know I'm not the only Dr. Who fan! or Davinci fan!! I thought the Davinci series was awesome. It was way to pricey to make so now they cancelled it for that show about Rap called power I think? Very cheap to make by comparison and broader audience.

I am with you on killing off the hot companions for the doctor!!!!! I heard a producer say they pick the companions as "something for the Dad's". Ouch!! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:51 AM