Best Music Whilst On Hold ?
Ben Higgins
Aug 22 2012, 08:37 AM
Instructor
Yesterday my girlfiend was buying car insurance over the phone and she was put 'on hold', meaning she was waiting for somebody to pick up the line at the other end. Whilst she was waiting, they were playing James Brown 'I Feel Good' ! How cool is that ? Normally they play rubbish, but I thought it showed a sense of humour to have such an upbeat song..

Can any of you guys remember the best music you heard whilst being 'on hold' ? Or if you can't remember the best, then what was the worst ? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thefireball
Aug 27 2012, 03:56 PM
Learning Roadie
Every kind of music I ever heard while on hold was crappy, and it cut out a lot. It sounded so 16 bit. biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Aug 27 2012, 05:18 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
I hate any music played in that occasion cause I don't like to be put on hold wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Aug 27 2012, 05:40 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Ben, you have to call IKEA! Seriously.

This may sound really weird...but they play ABBA!

Who would have thought??

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Aug 27 2012, 07:21 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Aug 27 2012, 07:40 PM) *

Who would have thought??

No frigging way biggrin.gif
I haven't found any radiostation who still plays them. And my song requests are always denied.
I must call to Ikea asap !!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Aug 27 2012, 07:53 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
I cant really remember a best or worst on hold musak but I am thinking it would be great to hear some of the stuff Lounge Against The Machine does, they crack me up! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
TeoWulf
Aug 27 2012, 08:01 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Aug 27 2012, 04:40 PM) *

Who would have thought??

Well, IKEA is swedish, so they have to play some swedish stuff, and I don't think people would like Messugah or Bathory better. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Aug 28 2012, 01:25 AM
There is a company that I have to call occasionally for work, and they have jazz playing on hold which is so unexpected for this type of place or most places I think, that I think it's cool.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 28 2012, 08:56 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Aug 27 2012, 05:40 PM) *

Who would have thought??

laugh.gif laugh.gif

That kind of doesn't surprise me !! laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Aug 29 2012, 03:16 PM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Aug 27 2012, 06:53 PM) *
I cant really remember a best or worst on hold musak but I am thinking it would be great to hear some of the stuff Lounge Against The Machine does, they crack me up! biggrin.gif

Lounge against what? biggrin.gif
You invented them, hahaha ??

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Aug 30 2012, 03:24 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Aug 29 2012, 06:16 AM) *
Lounge against what? biggrin.gif
You invented them, hahaha ??

Hahahahaaha nah Slav I swear man! laugh.gif It's these guys! tongue.gif They actually were the house band on one of the late night comedy shows here for a while. Jimmy Kimmel maybe? I dont remember which show for sure. If I had to listen to elevator or on hold style music then at least make it this stuff,although James Brown would be bonus too Ben!

+Quote Post
Max Sokolov
Aug 30 2012, 04:19 AM
Instructor
It seems to me, that all on-hold music I heard was random background music, so I don't listen to it usually)
One of my friends tried to take some metal suff for it, but it sounded so awful from the phone speaker)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 30 2012, 08:38 AM
Instructor
If you had certain annoying customers who constantly rang with problems you could just keep putting them on hold and blasting them with relentless black metal until they gave up...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:19 PM