Playing Around With The Amt Ss20
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 19 2013, 01:01 PM
Instructor
Hey there everyone!

This little dude right here is aimed at the AMT owners and at the folks that are curious about how I get my tone for the lessons here:

Hope I inspired you guys having one, to explore it and get super tones, so please let me know if you'd like to know more smile.gif

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jouve
Feb 19 2013, 01:31 PM
Learning Roadie
Nice vid Cosmin. smile.gif
It's informative and sounds good. You've encouraged me to turn some knobs wink.gif . Btw do you use shiba drive with preamp?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 19 2013, 01:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jouve @ Feb 19 2013, 12:31 PM) *
Nice vid Cosmin. smile.gif
It's informative and sounds good. You've encouraged me to turn some knobs wink.gif . Btw do you use shiba drive with preamp?

Thanks mate! Not in this vid - I just wanted to use the AMT, as raw as possible wink.gif

+Quote Post
Jouve
Feb 19 2013, 02:20 PM
Learning Roadie
Yeah i mean is it good with external ODs?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 19 2013, 02:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jouve @ Feb 19 2013, 01:20 PM) *
Yeah i mean is it good with external ODs?

Yes sir! Check it out and let me know if you like it the Lead channel and the Shiba!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Metal-Metrics-1/

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 19 2013, 02:31 PM
Instructor
It sounds great! Does this pedal work good recording by line?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Feb 19 2013, 04:52 PM
Experienced Rock Star
The SS20 includes a cabinet emulator, so you can record direct with it. It's just a simple filter though, so it's not going to fool anyone into thinking it's a real cabinet, but that's part of the charm of the SS20...you get a lot of the tube sound.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 19 2013, 01:31 PM) *
It sounds great! Does this pedal work good recording by line?

Thanks for the video Cosmin. I like your customized Gain Crunch knob smile.gif.

p.s. I've always liked the Johnny Cash version smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jouve
Feb 19 2013, 05:36 PM
Learning Roadie
I've just discovered a wonderful setup for CCR or other vintage rock.
Volume 4 Bass 4 Middle 7 Treble 6 Crunch gain 3
Best works with Vox ac-30 or marshal plexi impulses.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 20 2013, 08:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jouve @ Feb 19 2013, 04:36 PM) *
I've just discovered a wonderful setup for CCR or other vintage rock.
Volume 4 Bass 4 Middle 7 Treble 6 Crunch gain 3
Best works with Vox ac-30 or marshal plexi impulses.

Mate, what's all the deal with these impulses? smile.gif I don't know anything about them..

+Quote Post
Jouve
Feb 20 2013, 09:14 AM
Learning Roadie
Uh. It is a cabinet emulation plugins. Instead of using a cabsim out you plug in output. And with lecab you can load various variants of mic and cabinets.You just get more flexible tone wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 20 2013, 09:32 AM
Instructor
Ohhh! Very interesting - how do you use them actually?

+Quote Post
Jouve
Feb 20 2013, 01:27 PM
Learning Roadie
Uh. I'm not good at that but... happy.gif
Cabinet impulse responce is a small file recorded in a studio with an actual cabinet - it is the exact sound captured by mic.

So I put the preamp in the begining(Output hole), then the signal goes to my soundcard- and then to the reaper. In the reaper i load this vst over my guitar recording track http://lepouplugins.blogspot.ru/2010/12/le...or-windows.html .
Then open that impulses wav in the lecab - for example this ones http://tonevampire.blogspot.de/p/what-is-tonevampire.html .
And record. smile.gif
There are loads of high quality IR in the internet. Some of them are free and some aren't.
This is a good forum to read about it: http://www.guitarampmodeling.com/viewforum.php?f=32
BTW amplitube revalver and other modeling software uses the same technology sometimes that also works.

This post has been edited by Jouve: Feb 20 2013, 04:12 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 20 2013, 05:09 PM
Instructor
I imagined it would be a VST of some sort - very interesting indeed smile.gif Thanks a lot mate! Say - when will you post some new AMT recordings? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:23 AM