November's Nightmare, The Topic...Of Progression
Rated Htr
Feb 12 2009, 03:35 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Like I did for Heartless Creation, gonna do the same for this piece...Some notes about the piece and some notes about the recording.

Notes about the piece:
This piece was the first music to be completed by my band (original one that is), mostly composed by me...Although the recording isn't the complete version, the music is complete. Mostly my band members follow metallica guide lines (Don't most bands do), I'm usually the power metal type but, oh well...

Notes about the recording (12-02-2009):

There's an intro done by the bass at the beginning which isn't recorded...actually this is after the intro, so to speak, it's where the drums are suppose to kick in but, as usual, no drums done yet...I tried to do the tips that I heard in the chat room (Compliments to Jose Mena and Inc) so, I recorded two types, and duplicated what I recorded...The sound is pretty good (atleast compared to my previous recordings), the tone might not be but that's what I have, some parts seem out of sync maybe because of some misses and all that. What was recorded was the pre-verse, verse,pre-chorus,chorus sections. There's suppose to be an acoustic part after the second chorus time, which explains the fade out that as already been done.

Notes about the recording (13-02-2009):

[i]Added a new take with an experiment for drums, timing is a bit off because it was the recording that was done joined with drums, I'll sync it when I get a better grasp of it

New one added...Drums for pre-verse,verse and pre chorus

The music itself is pretty simple but, than again, so is most trash metal IMO.
[/i]

Attached File  November__s_Nightmare__Artist_Edtion_.mp3 ( 1.51MB ) Number of downloads: 288

Comments are appreciated and tips on production and drums are welcome.

Last Update: 13-02-2009

Attached File  drumsfornovember_04.mp3 ( 580.22K ) Number of downloads: 265

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Rated Htr: Feb 13 2009, 06:04 AM

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Les Paul
Feb 12 2009, 03:58 AM
GMC:er
Sounds awesome dude! Really catchy riff you got there. I love the part where two guitars are going at it. Took me to another place.

It would be great to hear your bass, drum, and vocal (if you got one) layer to your recording.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Feb 12 2009, 04:03 AM
Learning Tone Guru
Hey man,

Sounds pretty good, I liked some parts, specially the chorus smile.gif Sounds a lot like Metallica.

An advice on drums, would be not some, IMO, boring Lars Ulrich / Metallica beats. Something more interesting like Gar Samuelson , Nick Menza / Megadeth. Just my opinion smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Feb 12 2009, 04:10 AM
Experienced Rock Star
@Les Paul
Like I said, everything is done, including vocals but, not recorded...

@Dexxter
Any suggestions of musics for me to check out the drums?

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Feb 13 2009, 02:22 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Take with drums (timing off, experiment):

Attached File  drumsfornovember_01.mp3 ( 202.25K ) Number of downloads: 240

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Feb 13 2009, 04:09 AM
Instructor
Great take!

The only thing to say is that sometimes the guitars are a little phased out. Be carefull when you record two guitars and pan them because you have to nail perfectly the rhythm so it won't be one guitar different from the other.

Keep them coming biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Feb 13 2009, 05:37 AM
Experienced Rock Star
New Drum experiment (cheap tone, one preset from default x3 live, just trying the drums...Pre-verse,Verse parts)

This post has been edited by Rated Htr: Feb 13 2009, 06:03 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  drumsfornovember_04.mp3 ( 580.22K ) Number of downloads: 199

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
utak3r
Feb 13 2009, 12:39 PM
GMC:er
Yeah, now it starts showing its power smile.gif
Good trash, nice riffs, drums are good imho (maybe the last part could somewhat better). Keep recording, I'm waiting to hear all the stuff together cool.gif

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:01 AM