What Have You Recently Achieved, And What Will You Achieve Next?, On guitar
dark dude
Dec 3 2010, 06:49 PM
GMC:er
I find that a lot of players lack enough motivation when practicing day in, day out (or perhaps not?) and feel like they aren't progressing as fast as they think they should be. Look at your playing, see what needs fixing (if you don't know, ask others for their opinion), plan those fixes and GET TO IT!

Look at what you have done well and be proud of it. Now look at what you want to do next and strive to do it!

---

Recently:

* Improved my AP and overall hand co-ordination
* Feel more confident in my abilities
* Learned a lot of theory (after being prompted by Ramiro and Daniel)
* Started to do daily ear training (after being prompted by Ramiro and Daniel)

My targets for the near future:

* Get a song I thought I'd never be able to play, Sea of Lies, up to speed
* Continue with ear training
* Work on my rhythm playing

I'm interested to see what you guys are working on - post away! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nielzsz
Dec 3 2010, 08:02 PM
Learning Roadie
Oke, I have in the last 2 months

Improved my rythem drasticly! ( really, i sucked really bad at rythem..)

learned to work whit a metronome

Make my fingers do more and more what im what them to do.

Created more patience and learned to take a step back.
This is the patience to take your time for a 'low level' lesson. At the first sight they look easy... but when you really try to play a lvl 3 of 4 lesson perfectly, its kinda hard, but you learn so much from it!

Improve my vibrato.

Learned to share my music whit people and not be afraid of that anymore biggrin.gif

Improve my AP speed.

Learned to sweeppick

My goals for next 2 weeks,

Put rocker riff 2 on REC
Put traids etude on REC
Improve my rhytem even more
Pump my AP up biggrin.gif
Better my legato.

Well, thats it for 2 weeks, after that i want everything! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Dec 3 2010, 08:06 PM
My Goals are simple-

become a better musician
beeing able to enjoying playin guitar
biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Dec 3 2010, 08:21 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Nielzsz
Dec 3 2010, 08:07 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Dec 3 2010, 08:06 PM) *
My Goals are simple-

become a better myself
beeing able to enjoying playin guitar
biggrin.gif

Ah, last one is a good one tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Dec 3 2010, 08:22 PM
QUOTE (Nielzsz @ Dec 3 2010, 07:07 PM) *
Ah, last one is a good one tongue.gif

typo fail T_T where is myself should be musician ._. no ideia why or how did he show up there

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Nielzsz
Dec 3 2010, 11:51 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Dec 3 2010, 08:22 PM) *
typo fail T_T where is myself should be musician ._. no ideia why or how did he show up there

I didnt even noticed it tongue.gif i just read 'become a better self' haha. Did sound deep man wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Dec 4 2010, 09:57 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Improved my AP while playing tight and fast metal rhythms a lot...
I'm feeling more confident using scales...
I started writing 5 new songs...

What I wanna achieve next?

Finish the 5 songs I started...wink.gif
Write and sing lyrics to them...
Write and play some awesome guitar solos to these songs...

That's about it for now!

Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
superize
Dec 4 2010, 10:09 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I can play faster sweeps. not very clean but i can keep up with the speed

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
maharzan
Dec 4 2010, 11:10 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I haven't been doing much on other aspects expect practice the extreme neoclassical my muris and I can do it in tempo now... a bit more to clean and I will be uploading a video. smile.gif

my prime reason for practicing this lesson was to improve AP, string skipping, hand sync and definitely sweeping which I am the weakest at.. and after all the 3+months of practice, I feel like my hands are more stronger to land on a note ringing. smile.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Dec 4 2010, 11:26 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Sounds cool, maharzan!
So you have just been practicing this one lesson during the last three month? Did you start at a very low tempo, or what was your approach to mastering this awesome but extreme lesson?

Christian

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Nielzsz
Dec 4 2010, 11:43 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (maharzan @ Dec 4 2010, 11:10 AM) *
I haven't been doing much on other aspects expect practice the extreme neoclassical my muris and I can do it in tempo now... a bit more to clean and I will be uploading a video. smile.gif

my prime reason for practicing this lesson was to improve AP, string skipping, hand sync and definitely sweeping which I am the weakest at.. and after all the 3+months of practice, I feel like my hands are more stronger to land on a note ringing. smile.gif

noooo wayyyyy!! i have to see you play the extreme biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Dec 4 2010, 11:53 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Hey Christian,

I actually didn't want to do this lesson as the name said, it was extreme, way too extreme. I tried to practice few other covers but each day a thing kept telling me I need to do this lesson just to see how far I can go. It was pretty difficult so I didn't take it seriously. I was trying to learn sweeping and then I thought if I do this lesson, I can do all AP, and sweeping as well. I had never done sweeping properly and this was a real BIG challenge for me.

So, first few weeks was just grab the notes and get the feel of timing, very slowly. There are so many notes so it took a while to grab and remember them. The fingering and sweeping were so difficult I kinda gave up after wards but I remembered the notes. Then I focused on learning some licks of other songs and after 2-3 weeks again, I wanted to try this lesson. This time I wanted to do it seriously. So, I started practicing. After few days I wanted to test so I tried at 70bpm. It was pretty difficult. I kept practicing and each few days, I kept trying to play at the backing, all of them one by one. After few more days, I was able to play at 110bpm and then later 120bpm. I thought this was pretty much it. I remember practicing just one bar for 4 continuous days 2-3 hour each day but still it wasn't coming (it still isn't actually, I get it right just sometimes). So last 2-3 weeks, I have been doing this all the time throughout the day, working for a bit on my computer, and then grabbing my guitar again etc. The arm, fingers all ached very much if you ask.

Just 2 days ago, I tried to play at tempo 150bpm and then all those practicing brought me happiness. I couldn't do it clean but at least my fingers started to flow smoothly and I got a sense that I can do it now at tempo. And 2 days I still intensified my practice and just today in the morning (my left finger was aching really hard), I was able to actually hit most of the notes at tempo. biggrin.gif

I am getting a new customized guitar (sent by Monte) next week and I am planning to record this with that guitar and I am pretty much confident that I will be able to nail this song in 1-2 weeks. smile.gif

So, that my story. I have been a monkey I know but its been pretty fruitful. Sweeping being one BIG achievement and I can play this awesome song. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Dec 5 2010, 05:39 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Cool, that's a really big achievement maharzan, you can be really proud of it!

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
maharzan
Dec 6 2010, 02:18 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thanks Christian. I am really at this point. Though I have yet to learn a LOT of things, I feel really good that my fingers can now flow bit smoothly. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 11 2010, 11:16 PM
Instructor
I'm getting really in-depth into arpeggios, all kinds of arpeggios, and ways to apply them to all kinds of harmonic situations. After that, dunno, some metal rhythm probably biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:41 AM