Another Bent Pick, sikpik
Mertay
Oct 16 2013, 10:56 PM
GMC:er
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150303230278627

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Todd Simpson
Oct 16 2013, 11:53 PM
It sounds like the on board mic was used on the camera so, sadly, despite the impressive playing, the pick/string noise sorta makes it sound blurry and inarticulate. I so often wish folks would just plug an sm57 with an adapter straight in to the camera instead of just using the onboard mic. On board mics are often a bit crap. sad.gif I see this all the time on youtube, even on youtube channels with TONS of traffic like TONE KING.

Of course there are folks that PREFER the on board mic sound. I'm just not one of them sad.gif Even plugging directly in to a computer and simulating an amp can yield very articulate results and allow one to skip the mic, and amp altogether. I did this solo using the SCUFFHAM S-GEAR plugin which I must say has a very "tube like" Response and great clarity during picking even on high gain imho smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Oct 16 2013, 05:56 PM) *

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 16 2013, 11:55 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 17 2013, 04:18 PM
Instructor
Sinceresly I don't really like the tone that the guitarist gets with this pick, maybe it's because he is playing too fast and not because of the pick but I prefer warmed and more defined sound.

Like this:

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 18 2013, 04:08 AM
Yes! smile.gif I agree much prefer Gilbert smile.gif . I thought perhaps it was the on board video camera microphone causing the problem. But now that you mention it, it might be the pick!!

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 17 2013, 11:18 AM) *
Sinceresly I don't really like the tone that the guitarist gets with this pick, maybe it's because he is playing too fast and not because of the pick but I prefer warmed and more defined sound.

Like this:

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 18 2013, 04:08 AM

+Quote Post
verciazghra
Oct 18 2013, 11:30 AM
Whatever anyone say, that guy is not a guitarist nor a musician. He's an athlete in the sport of "flight of the bumble-bee on the guitar". He sounds like crap, but he is fast. It's like buying shoelaces that your favorite runner wears if you don't run.

--------------------
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -Leonard Bernstein

"The only love affair I have ever had was with music." -Maurice Ravel

"There's no such place as dumb question." -Dose One

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 21 2013, 05:23 AM
There's certainly an athletic quality to it smile.gif Then again, Lexi from Children of Bodom once said about DREAM THEATRE "That's not Music, that's SPORTS"

QUOTE (verciazghra @ Oct 18 2013, 06:30 AM) *
Whatever anyone say, that guy is not a guitarist nor a musician. He's an athlete in the sport of "flight of the bumble-bee on the guitar". He sounds like crap, but he is fast. It's like buying shoelaces that your favorite runner wears if you don't run.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:41 PM