hi david
great lesson sweet child o mine.
i am new to gmc and recording,
i have recorded the intro
and would like your input.
i no its not very fluent yet/ timing also needs work
any advice would be great from any gmcers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by cjay: Aug 21 2009, 12:46 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
iamblackmo
Aug 22 2009, 10:54 AM
GMC:er
Sorry, I felt wrong for putting my input on David's board.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by iamblackmo: Aug 22 2009, 10:55 AM

+Quote Post
Matt23
Aug 22 2009, 11:08 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
I think you're playing 4th notes (1 note per beat) instead of 8th notes (2 notes per beat). Practice it slowly with a metronome/backings, and I'm sure you'll get it sorted. smile.gif

Edit: Just noticed this was on David's board. Sorry for posting.

This post has been edited by Matt23: Aug 22 2009, 11:10 AM

+Quote Post
cjay
Aug 22 2009, 02:08 PM
QUOTE (Matt23 @ Aug 22 2009, 10:08 AM) *
I think you're playing 4th notes (1 note per beat) instead of 8th notes (2 notes per beat). Practice it slowly with a metronome/backings, and I'm sure you'll get it sorted. smile.gif

Edit: Just noticed this was on David's board. Sorry for posting.

thanks for the advice any imput is gratefull

+Quote Post
iamblackmo
Aug 24 2009, 05:01 PM
I think you are on the right track, and not to speak for David but here is my advice:

Play the proper not values to the beat. If you use a metronome, which you should to get the proper timing, you can play the riff slowly and focus on using your picking hand to quiet the tones that are not meant to be played.

This was the issue I find most people have when learning this riff. The speed and the cleanliness. I seem to use my thumb and my palm, i think to keep only the right notes ringing out.

Also, I think when Slash plays this, he has his tone knob turn almost all the way down. It helps to make everything crisp.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:49 AM