Strange But Exciting Meeting, Its a small world!
Chris Evans
Feb 12 2008, 04:00 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
So the band I currently play in is having a revamp of members, a drummer and bass player, no ones been dumped or anything like that but we live too far apart and it makes organising rehearsals etc a real pain!

so mutually we`ve parted company sad.gif sad... but thats life, we`ve known each other (all of us) and played in bands together for the last 15 years!

Anyway, we have a drummer to audition next week thats more local to us, so I was pondering around the internet for an alternative rehearsal studio to play in (as the one we where using was also miles away!)

I came accross a studio not too far from where I live here in the UK so I rang it up and booked their rehearsal room, no problems, extremely polite guy answered and sorted it out for me.

then I was looking through the studio`s website to discover that its owned and run by guitarist Bernie Torme!, now.. . for those of you unfamiliar with this name he played for a while for the Gillan Band (Ian Gillan from Deep Purple) and actually replaced Randy Rhoads on the tour that Randy was tragically killed on, I have an album by this guy, he also played with Dee Snider (Twisted Sister) in the group Desperado, an alternative almost Punk style you can check him out here http://www.bernietorme.com/

I have a friend that actually knows him personally and I already knew this but just didnt put two and two together!

So you can imagine that I`m pretty excited about my rehearsal next week, sod the practice I`m getting to meet Bernie Torme lol!!!

I realise this guy isnt front page for most of you but for me its quite a big deal laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Chris Evans
Feb 23 2008, 01:13 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
So tonight was the night, and I got to meet the man! A hero of mine from when I was sixteen and learning to play the guitar!

I wasnt disappointed, what a great bloke! He spent more time and genuinly seemed interested in us and asking where we`d played in the past than we got to ask him any stuff laugh.gif at no point did he drop in stuff like "well of course I played Madison Square Gardens with Ozzy" or anything like that to belittle us, a geniune decent guy, I`m chuffed to bits laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:17 AM