> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Slow Melody Lesson , Lesson By David Wallimann
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Wyverex
Sep 4 2016, 01:51 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Original lesson: Slow Melody Lesson by David Wallimann

I started with this lesson just after joining GMC, so I thought it's about time to record it, although there are still some mistakes and I'm not completely comfortable with it. But I need to get this off my plate now smile.gif

One note regarding the difficulty: It has level 2 but I'm not completely sure if that's accurate. I'm aware that everyone has a different view on what's difficult and what's not, but I spent weeks on this 6-string arpeggio at 00:45 and you can clearly hear that it's not accurate yet. I think for a beginner it's pretty difficult to do.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Wyverex: Sep 4 2016, 01:51 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 5 2016, 10:52 AM
Instructor
Hello my friend. I agree about the difficulty level.. probably closer to a 4, considering the sliding and the arpeggio shapes.

You've got a very good vibrato developing there. If you keep going with it you'll get really good at it. It's even and controlled. Eventually you'll be able to use it on any finger, anywhere on the neck.

There's only two aspects that are obvious at needing a bit of work.

Timing - You're timing is generally solid but in some cases it loses its accuracy. The sliding can cause that. Be aware of rushing things, which is usually how most timing fluctuations occur.

Sliding - this is probably the main challenge in this lesson. I personally found sliding one of the most difficult techniques to learn. I remember my frustration at not being able to do it! Sliding requires the fingers to keep their rigidity and pressure applied to the string during the sliding movement. If we lose structural integrity, due to the finger wobbling, it can mess up the slide. Also, if we are not able to keep the same pressure applied on the string, the note can die out.

So those are the two main things that need improvement. Overall, you performance is very good.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 5 2016, 01:58 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, good job!

The overall take is close be mastered, however there are some elements that you need to adjust and most of them can be analysed just by comparing the first phrase from your video with the original. By doing it, you'll notice 3 things:

- Your bending is not reaching the pitch perfectly. Isolate those bends, play the target note first and then reach it with a bend. Do it many times every day.

- The vibrato done with your picky isn't strong enough. It's weak, you need to train this finger to make it stronger.

- The vibrato at the end of the phrase starts too soon. Let the note sound and then add gradually vibrato, going with the backings groove.

Please do what I've don with the whole lesson and you'll find similar issues related bending and vibrato. That's the next step for this lesson.

About the level,, I think that it's somewhere between 2 and 3 based on current standard but this can always be a bit subjective as we've been discussing at the forum. By the way, don't worry about number, I feel that this lesson is suitable for you and that it having a good impact in your playing.

Keep on rocking!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 12 2016, 02:12 PM
Instructor
Hey there!

First of all your hands looks promisting - good pick grip and shaping + resting points. Now there is a thing you need to start focusing at. You make a lot of unnecessary movements with your right hand. They cause some other strings to be randomly hit or a "scratch noise". Playing on distorted tones is very demanding. It makes us think a lot more about everything happening aroudn the note we play at the moment. Right hand should not only avoid moving while note rings, but also should stay in contact with string to mute them (on the distortion natural vibration of guitar body can cause low strings to start ringing). Those are essentialls of playing "dirty" tones smile.gif

That would be my 2 cents to what guys above had already mentioned.

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 12 2016, 04:52 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 6

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:53 AM