Tunings And Scale Changes During A Solo
BM
Nov 1 2007, 06:08 AM
GMC:er
ok. i was trying to play two great songs by Creed the other day. Weathered and My Own Prison. My Own Prison was Drop D tuning. When I tuned my E string to D, it got completely stretched out as if it would break. So really, since a lot of the songs I know and want to play are in Drop D tuning, how do i get that tuning without the string stretching so much?

Weathered was tuned DADADD. If I had trouble geting simply Drop D you know I had trouble with this one. What should I do to get this tune?

Final tuning problem is 1/2 step down. I have a really cheap tuner. With the 5 little circles and the blue dot that goes along the circles as you tune. I don't know how to determine if its a half step down or not.

Finally, not a subject related to tuning and my last for a while, is about solos. I am currently writing songs for my bands first album, we are going to put the songs on myspace first though. I have all the riffs and Choruses down. When I do a Solo, say in the E Major Scale, and then the chorus riff switches power chords often. When do I need to change scales or can I stay in the same one all the time?

All help appreciated.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Baptized in a firefight. Hot blood running cold as ice. 44 minutes of target practice. All hell's breaking loose.
Outgunned. Watching the force come to a firefight with a pocket knife.
Getting schooled until they shot Achilles' heel and brought down the beast."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:25 PM