2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Jazz Isn't Too Bad After All!
Noangels
Nov 5 2008, 03:15 PM
GMC:er
A lot of guys these days can improv like crazy and express them selfs very well.Going back 30 years this wasnt the normal in rock music.A lot of players now try and mix a lot of styles together.Brett garsed is one of those rock players who thinks out of the box but unlike a lot of jazz players has amazing dynamic playing,searing vibrato and melodic chops that sound better coming from someone who has feeling and soul in their playing rather than super imposing for the sake of it

Andy Timmons is another rock/jazz/fusion/country! player who sounds better for his rock roots

I wouldnt say jazz is the finest as a guitarist,to be truthfull I would have to say the country cats out there impress me the most and scare me with their skills.

In a nutshell I think a lot of jazz guitarists out there need some good old rock stock in their playing,and the rock dudes out there need the improv skills-and country chops on top of it biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 5 2008, 04:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Noangels @ Nov 5 2008, 03:15 PM) *
In a nutshell I think a lot of jazz guitarists out there need some good old rock stock in their playing,and the rock dudes out there need the improv skills-and country chops on top of it biggrin.gif

So you're saying that we need more players ala Guthrie,I agree. biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 6 2008, 12:58 AM
Instructor
or Steve Morse perhaps? smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Noangels
Nov 6 2008, 01:13 AM
GMC:er
yeahh Guthrie has set a new bench mark amongst the new breed of players-mind you the older boys like Greg Howe,Scott henderson have got outstanding improv chops.Morse is great too!I think over the last 5 years or so there has been an amazing flood of outrageous musicians online.Youtube had hardly any one on when I joined and the ones who were there were pretty mundane,now days every one and their granny has got amazing chops!

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:47 AM