> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

13 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Bleez’s Building Speed Workshop, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 7 2013, 02:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Feb 27 2013, 12:46 PM) *
thanks very much dude, your opinion means a lot to me.
Its quite funny that I always seem to play things with that vibe of 90s rock even when I try to play 70s Doom rock biggrin.gif

I played the song to the guitarist from my old band and he was into playing a solo on it, which will be cool coz he's very good, way better than me smile.gif

Ive started practicing vocals..... i aint easy! I'll work some more on them but if I cant manage then I might just get the music sounding as good as I can and try to find someone else to sing over it.

Great mate! I would really like to hear your songs with vocals! Keep on working on this exciting stuff. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 10 2013, 09:01 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
hi mate,

Ive been working on your first alice in chains lesson, and was just wondering if you had any audio of you playing the lesson?
Basically Im playing it along with that backing but slowed down and I think Im messing up the timing. I thought that it might help if I had an audio of you playing it I could put that into Reaper, slow it down, and play along.
I had a look on youtube as I know you have a bunch of lessons on there and I could have got the audio from that but I dont think that lesson is up.
it doesnt matter if you dont have it, I know its quite and old lesson now, but I thought Id ask just in case. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 10 2013, 09:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Apr 10 2013, 05:01 PM) *
hi mate,

Ive been working on your first alice in chains lesson, and was just wondering if you had any audio of you playing the lesson?
Basically Im playing it along with that backing but slowed down and I think Im messing up the timing. I thought that it might help if I had an audio of you playing it I could put that into Reaper, slow it down, and play along.
I had a look on youtube as I know you have a bunch of lessons on there and I could have got the audio from that but I dont think that lesson is up.
it doesnt matter if you dont have it, I know its quite and old lesson now, but I thought Id ask just in case. smile.gif

Hi mate, I'm not sure, I have to check in my old computer from my studio. Do you mean only guitar or guitar + backing?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 10 2013, 10:22 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
guitar and backing would be cool but if it's a hassle to find then dont worry about it.
the lead part is kinda fast and when Im playing it slow it's quite difficult to tell if Im properly in time.

btw, you should totally bump that lesson up to a level 4 smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 11 2013, 02:30 PM
Instructor
Ok mate, I will cehck today at my studio and let you know! I reviewed the lesson and yeah, it should be 4. We will fix it, Thanks!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 18 2013, 01:35 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi Gab,

I posted up half a song I had been working on a few months ago. Ive been working some more on it and have what might be a finished version. I thought you might like to check it out and give me your thoughts on it?
Its just straight from Reaper so its a rough version. Ive put some comments on the track as to where I think the vocals would come in.
It's a bit in the hawkwind groove, also I trying to get a slightly similar feel to ' Mountain by Stoned Jesus.

anyway.... if you have a spare 5 minutes, mate. Have a wee listen, thanks smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/bleez666/warped

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 19 2013, 06:46 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Thanks for sharing your new son in progress! I heard the whole thing and there are very cool ideas there! I will give you comments that I think that could help you make it cooler. Have in mind that some of this comments can be subjective and just because of my tastes.
I would try to find the way to make it more entertained to hear. How? Some ideas that come to mind:

1. Use different tones. Combine them to get different textures. I'm now listening to the refference song and it's cool how they use different guitar tones, start with cleaner sound and then a more fuzzy one. Clean tones with chorus, flanger, and many other things are used there. The bass also goes from a tone with drive to another with flanger or phaser. Experiment with it!

2. Dynamics. This is related to the previous point. Try to create different textures and moments where everything becomes calmer and other parts where everything explodes.

3. Make the chorus more catchy, try to fin a progression movement that could help you create melodies with a more catchy, melodic or maybe dramatic evolution.

4. Add a guitar solo! smile.gif

There must be more ways to make it cooler, but this are some ideas. Once again let me say that the ideas recorded there are very good! Just need some work to make the overall brilliant.

Keep on rocking. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 19 2013, 11:27 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
thanks gab smile.gif I do like your ideas and Im going to try and use them.
I had tried before with an acoustic part but struggled to find interesting chords, regular open type chords just didnt feel 'right'. I'll try again but this time I'll learn more unusual chords and see if I can get something.
Some of the tones used in that 'Mountain' song were so effective, I will experiment with some flange / chorus and stuff.
Also the drums they used in the verses were awesome, not a 'regular' drum beat just really cool accents and 'hits'. I'd like do something like that.

In your opinion, would you change what I have for the chorus to maybe a more chord based riff or add some chords behind the notes which I have currently?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 20 2013, 03:22 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Cool to know that the comments are useful! Regarding the chorus, I would try keeping the riff like that but moving the bass. A possible movement could be: I - VII - VI. (just an example). This could make the riff move and you will be able to create a cooler vocal melody for the chorus.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 1 2013, 08:45 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
hey dude,

here's where I am just now with the kyuss lesson -

smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 1 2013, 11:20 PM
Instructor
Good take man!! Just some work on the groove of riffs like the last one and you will have it perfectly! Well done! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 2 2013, 12:18 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 1 2013, 11:20 PM) *
Good take man!! Just some work on the groove of riffs like the last one and you will have it perfectly! Well done! smile.gif

will do, thanks smile.gif I think a couple more nights playing it through should get it flowing better.
I'll post up another recording in a few days and see if you think it's worth a rec take, not done one in pure ages!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 2 2013, 04:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Jul 1 2013, 08:18 PM) *
will do, thanks smile.gif I think a couple more nights playing it through should get it flowing better.
I'll post up another recording in a few days and see if you think it's worth a rec take, not done one in pure ages!

yes! It really worth a REC take in a few days! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 7 2013, 01:47 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
hi mate, been trying to tidy up the kyuss lesson. made another recording tonight -

what do you think?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 7 2013, 04:16 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Well done! It's much better now! The only part that could be even better is the riff that starts at 00:29, it could be groovy. The other sections are just perfect.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 7 2013, 10:15 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 7 2013, 04:16 PM) *
Hi mate! Well done! It's much better now! The only part that could be even better is the riff that starts at 00:29, it could be groovy. The other sections are just perfect.

yeah, that quick change from the first 'droning' type section into those pull offs is actually quite tricky to get really smooth. I'll go over the lesson again today and if I think Ive got it sounding smoother I'll record a new one and fire it up for a rec smile.gif

really cool lesson to play, have you decided on other stoner bands for future 'in the style of' lessons?

This post has been edited by bleez: Jul 7 2013, 10:15 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 8 2013, 03:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Jul 7 2013, 06:15 PM) *
yeah, that quick change from the first 'droning' type section into those pull offs is actually quite tricky to get really smooth. I'll go over the lesson again today and if I think Ive got it sounding smoother I'll record a new one and fire it up for a rec smile.gif

really cool lesson to play, have you decided on other stoner bands for future 'in the style of' lessons?

Excellent! I just saw and gradede your REC take. wink.gif

I'm still deciding the bands, I want start with the masters... that's why Kyuss has been the first one. I was also thinking on Sleep. Who do you think are the essentials?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 8 2013, 05:24 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
thanks for the help with the rec take, mate smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 8 2013, 03:58 PM) *
I'm still deciding the bands, I want start with the masters... that's why Kyuss has been the first one. I was also thinking on Sleep. Who do you think are the essentials?

Its quite a tough call with the different types of stoner music.
I would agree with Sleep / OM as the biggest name for the low droning style of stoner, with maybe Electric Wizard in there as well.
The more uptempo all out fuzzy types, I would think Truckfighters and Fu manchu would be a couple of big names.
Dead Meadow maybe for the more chilled style.... maybe earthless.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 9 2013, 08:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Jul 8 2013, 01:24 PM) *
thanks for the help with the rec take, mate smile.gif

Its quite a tough call with the different types of stoner music.
I would agree with Sleep / OM as the biggest name for the low droning style of stoner, with maybe Electric Wizard in there as well.
The more uptempo all out fuzzy types, I would think Truckfighters and Fu manchu would be a couple of big names.
Dead Meadow maybe for the more chilled style.... maybe earthless.

Good ideas! Then I will definitely cover the later ones, like Monster Magnet, Spiritual Beggars, QOTSA and many others. But I'm vry proud of my first one based on the great band Kyuss. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 1 2013, 08:34 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
hey Gab, just a quick question about your Dark Atmosphere lesson. Im almost able to play it up to speed except for that monster Bm9 chord ohmy.gif dude, I even tried using my right hand to place my left fingers into the correct shape LOL! still couldn't get close to it!
Ive been playing that chord in a different position but was just wondering if I were to try a rec take of the lesson would I need to play that chord in the same position you play it?

--------------------

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:50 PM